Kosmor Forum Index
 Search Imprint      SearchSearch     Log inLog in 
 Search Legal      MemberlistMemberlist     ProfileProfile   

Ship design and combat power

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alteron

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 11:44    Post subject: Ship design and combat power Reply with quote

Hello,
I wonder if there are any statistics on the components' influence on a ships combat power. I haven't found any info / stats in the manual or in the postings here. (If it does exist, please refer me)

I wonder how many ships are needed to beat a WP or a planet? How do I calculate the combat power?

In these early stages of the game, my worries are sbout combat power relative to a ships upkeep cost. Later in the game, when money will be more plentiful, the focus will be on maximizing combat power.

So how to calculate it? Confused
Liam

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 11:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

A H4 with all components on level 6 has a combat power of 41.
WP:7
SS:12
Celdor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 11:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think its better to say "Plani" instead of "SS"

but we´ve already had this disskusion..
Merthos

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 13:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

The answer is quite simple.

Because the upkeep of a ship is only connected to the hull level, use always components of the max. allowed level (hull +2).
Alteron

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 13:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, Merthos.
But that might not apply in the beginning, as it is the combination of the hull specs and the components strength that decides the strenght. I do know how the ships upkeep is related to the size of the hull. But not what weaponry is aviable on a hull of a given size, and the specs on the different weapons.
L_Fann

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 14:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alteron: You might have a look at the Lexicon, there the weapon and shield properties are displayed, as well as the weapon and shield slots of a hull.

Dont rely too much on the displayed combat power, it has not too much meaning if ships of different levels meet.

Also important to know is that little ships fire faster than big ones. If you have enough little ships, the combat power of the big enemy doesn't matter, because you will kill them before they get to the "fire" button.

With the specs in the lexicon, and the info above, you should be able to calculate combat to some extent. One thing that still is missing is the hit probability of the weapons. AFAIK, its 50% or 67%, not counting experience.
Alteron

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 15:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,
This is all valuble information. Very Happy

Taking a fully equipped H4 as an example, I expect a combat damage of 41. If I sum up the total damage in this hull and adjust for hit probability, I get 75.

Even if I haven't been able to conclude with anything yet, I have gotten far in my search for the most economical ship design.

Cool Thank you all!

- Alteron
MooCow

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 11:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

and the effect of experiance is?
Liam

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 12:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your ships will hit other better.
MooCow

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 11:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

That much I figured out what I was curious about was the point to % ratio governing the equation to work out if I hit or not?
Merthos

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 11:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a secret.
MooCow

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 10:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I guess I will just have to attack enough stuff until I have a sufficent statisitcal sample to analise the data to show me this secret.

"Cry havoc, Let slip the Dogs of WAR"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kosmor Forum Index -> Questions and Answers All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: