Kosmor Forum Index
 Search Imprint      SearchSearch     Log inLog in 
 Search Legal      MemberlistMemberlist     ProfileProfile   

Trading in general

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alteron

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 10:24    Post subject: Trading in general Reply with quote

Confused The situation now is that the prices are so low that new players cannot get in to the market. Even at really high productivities (15+) the cost is higher than the marked offers.

It is true that I can buy the raw materials to produce my goods, but that leaves me dependent of tax income...

Or I may become a Pro player to increase my productivity so that the cost of production is reduced. But should I have to become a Pro-player to be able to survive economically in this game?

Does anyone know what the most common productivity rates for the raw materials are?

I understand that the marked is based on supply and demand, as is normal in any marked. But how can so many be able to produce so cheap? Or is it just dumping?

-Alteron
Eric_T_Cartman

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 10:32    Post subject: Re: Trading in general Reply with quote

Quote:
Or I may become a Pro player to increase my productivity so that the cost of production is reduced. But should I have to become a Pro-player to be able to survive economically in this game?

Well, in some way, it is meant to be that way. The time as a Non-Pro-Player is thought as some kind of demonstration. You shall have a look into the game, but if you can play the full game without registering, why should anyone register?

And, although the prices are very low, there is a risk in purchasing, for it is quite possible you do not get the ressources because the others offered higher or just out of luck. I'm producing at every rate which is about 9 and 10.... German Kosmor showed these are the first useful rates. Examples are Optium, which is always quite cheap cos it is needed less than the other, and Plasma, cos Lasers and Torpedo Launchers requires this thing like hell.
L_Fann

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 13:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

The current situation has not much to do with being Pro or not.

Production rates of 13 and above are pretty good, the highest I have is 20. Even as a pro-user with the corresponding building, one can _never_ sell Titanium for 3 credits and gain anything. People doing this are either stupid or desperate. If one is low on money, it can be better to sell underprize than to raze the mines, since they will cost 2000 to rebuild.
Since everyone seems to build mines and stuff at the beginning, and since right now the ship-production is not so high, there is more raw material production than needed.

Later on, as the experience in german kosmor shows, prices will go up significantly, since population increases for months on a planet, but mines are fully built after some weeks. Thus, while right now there is an excess of raw materials, later there will be "excess" of money, making the raw materials cheaper.

(I'm sure Maelstroem can tell you somewhat more of this economic stuff Wink
Alteron

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 13:51    Post subject: Re: Trading in general Reply with quote

Eric_T_Cartman wrote:
Well, in some way, it is meant to be that way. [...] You shall have a look into the game, but if you can play the full game without registering, why should anyone register?

I understand the politics in making players want to become Pro, (and even if I haven't played for long - the game is _good_) but if I gets "kicked" out of play I won't have time to want to upgrade before I get's desilutioned and runs home crying... Laughing

quijote wrote:
Later on, as the experience in german kosmor shows, prices will go up significantly, since population increases for months on a planet, but mines are fully built after some weeks. Thus, while right now there is an excess of raw materials, later there will be "excess" of money, making the raw materials cheaper.

Now, THIS is something I like to hear... Razz If this goes for supplies and components also, I am looking forward to making some nice and profittable deals.
Kyril

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 09:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

one year after the start of kosmor.de, the market for raw materials stays nearly constant at this level:
Code:

Plasma         33 / 246791           247T / 1M
Optium          8 / 146410           198T / 2M
Energium       12 / 221774           259T / 1M
Titanium       16 / 157921           187T / 865T
Alteron

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 05:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
Is the prices for supplies and components also expected to level out after a period of time, just like the raw materials?

-Alteron
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kosmor Forum Index -> Kosmor Trade All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: