Kosmor Forum Index
 Search Imprint      SearchSearch     Log inLog in 
 Search Legal      MemberlistMemberlist     ProfileProfile   

suggestion for a new type of ship
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kosmor Forum Index -> Feedback / suggestions for improvement
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mango

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 08:51    Post subject: suggestion for a new type of ship Reply with quote

I was wondering if it could be possible to build some kind of explorer class ship. All ships in the game so far are for attack/defence.

Maybe a ship which would have powerfull engines but little or no weapons. Or it could have only one weapon and that one being either torpedo or laser.
Maybe it could have the ability to fly away from planets like a warplanet. This would be because when you are away from your own systems there is nowhere to go then. It would help in the strategic planning of the movement of the warplanet.

Of course it should not be possible to conquer systems with this ship. Neither neutral nor occupied.

My 5 cents
Kind regards
Mango
Alteron

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 06:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

In this game we can only see the surroundings of our own (and those of our subordinates') planets and ships. So sending a ship out there would not permanently let you see the space around you.

But for reconnaissance it would do.

It wouldn't give you too much 'updated' info either, as the ship can only see it's surroundings as I mentioned, and the ship would be on it's move. Smile

I would like to send out surveilance sattelites. These woudn't need to travel all to fast, but it should be possible to build them at the shipyard level 1. Also: a sattelite cannot conqure any planets, and are unarmed and would fall prey to even a H1. But I want them to be hard to spot. Cool
Merthos

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 06:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

We already had this in .de. Wink

The reason against spy satellites is that (even if you limit the number) a bigger house could build enough of them to cover at least one border completely.
Cat

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 08:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Limit it so that each player can only have one at a time.
alphabravo
Major

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 10:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

or set upkeep cost of that of a warship
this would make it a dilemna as to build one, and reduce the advantages
Merthos

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 12:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cat wrote:
Limit it so that each player can only have one at a time.

Then my house would have more than 50. Enough to cover one border.

alphabravo wrote:
or set upkeep cost of that of a warship
this would make it a dilemna as to build one, and reduce the advantages

Well, money isn't really the matter the later the game.
Liam

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 08:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Merthos is right. The ideas for Spy satellites we had are not good. We need better ones. C'mon, more ideas Grin
Imperator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 04:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

My post is not about spy satelites..what is enoying me is the way i`have to group my ships with the warpplanet or flying to a planet to another...I porpouse to be introduced a new type of ship something like an carrier how can carry all my ships from the producing planets to my warpplanet...when the ships are inside the carrier they are not operational(and upkeep at 50%) ..only if you deploy them at the wapplanet or to an solar sistem are operatonal again.The carrier must have some combat power and 60LY/day range(double then WP) becouse it travels every time alone and it have no other protection.

P.S.It just a idea Idea Laughing
Embrodak

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 04:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this spy satellite idea. What if H1's were redesigned so that they can travel without stopping on a planet, but once they start moving they can't stop or change direction. After a certain period of time, they would run out of power and shut down (be destroyed).
paveyj

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 09:59    Post subject: Star Carrier Reply with quote

Lets look at modern naval warefare: In addition to conventional warships with big guns we have Carriers, which are the dominent vessels on the sea. Perhaps a space version (a Star Carrier for example) could be implemented into the game. This ship would be fast with powerful shield but few weapons yet it can carry many dozen smaller ships, like interceptors. I suppose it would work like a WP, you can load ships onto it and then launch attacks from them.

Another idea is to have a space version of the Nuclear Submarine, which would be a cloaked ship with little defensive power and a small drive but with significant firepower. Such a ship would be invisible until it is within firing distance from enemy ships.
Templar_scum

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 11:45    Post subject: Bomber Reply with quote

This is completely of the track, but what about a bomber which could destroy population, mines and factories (possibly destroy ships in shipyard,? this would add hit and run tatics. They couldn't take planets but they would be good to criple an opponent. Because they carry bombs they wouldn't be able to have either torpes or lasers but should have fairly good shields Prall!
Shadowmaster

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 12:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am in partial agreement with admrial_thrawn, but i am more for the ship carrier...that i think is a great idea...but should be able to trasport highter than h4 ships...
Templar_scum

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 14:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

How come, when I ask people wether or not ships should be able to attack planets or not, they all say NO, yet everyone seems happy with this idea, which is effectivly the same? Flaming Angry!
Shadowmaster

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 16:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

because people cant really make up their mind...lol... Exclamation

also again i just wanted to say that i like the idea of a ship transport, something along the lines of what admiral_thrawn stated, with little weapons, alot of sheilds, the abulity to capture it from an apponent instead of destroying it, and have it able to carry a cirtain number of ships, up to say h6 or h7 level ships..that would make the game alot more interesting and more fun i would think....ANYONE ELSE AGGREE?
alphabravo
Major

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 17:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

no

when you say:
"How come, when I ask people wether or not ships should be able to attack planets or not, they all say NO, yet everyone seems happy with this idea, which is effectivly the same?"

everyone = 1 person
noone else wants this idea afaik

kosmor = kosmor

thats how i see it anyway
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kosmor Forum Index -> Feedback / suggestions for improvement All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: