Kosmor Forum Index
 Search Imprint      SearchSearch     Log inLog in 
 Search Legal      MemberlistMemberlist     ProfileProfile   

Planet and Racial Types

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maedhros

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 22:00    Post subject: Planet and Racial Types Reply with quote

I'm a newb, so a bit curious what I can expect on some planets.

I've acquired gas giants which I like very much. 1 desert, and 1 Mclass.

I guessing certain planet types would have specialties in mineral types, so I'm looking for one of each.

My M class has no mineral worth (none worth the investment) but a large population of unproductive rabbits. I assume morphoids are only useful for growing into a lucrative source of tax income. Especially when on large (45K km) planets with no mineral wealth.

Are Ice worlds of any value? They seem to be pretty common, at least in my corner of the galaxy. Am I more likely to find particular kinds of aliens on planet types? Love to replace my morphoids with some hard working cyborgs...
Aurion
Member of the House

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 12:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I guessing certain planet types would have specialties in mineral types, so I'm looking for one of each.

You're right. You will find Energium most likely on ice worlds. Look in the help file for the others.

And don't think morphoides are 'only' useful for growing. They aren't very productive, but you can do many things with the money from the taxes.. e.g buying ressources Smile
Alteron

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 03:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should have a look in the 'help'-section. There is a technical datasheet there, wich tells you all about planettypes, races, recources and productivity.

Remember to be critical to the construction of mines. From what you write, I guess you are. But still: 'mine upkeep'/('productivity'*'race productivity')

So: 100/(10*1,2) = 8,33 On a planet with Cyborgs and a productivity of 10, the cost pr unit of mineral is 8,33

If you have a planet of Morfoids, Ceres Paribus, then the cost will be 16,67 Quite influentive on your economy, that little thing!
Trurl

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 13:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I can see, the only difference between the races seems to be the growth rate. The variable 'race productivity' in your formula is always 1 regardless of the race (at least on my planets, just checked it).
Alteron

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 02:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exclamation
I just checked too. No productivity bonus? Then my robot-populated planet suddently went from good to bad!

I'm sure this is just a slip of mind or something. I'm sure Maelstroem will fix it.
Merthos

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 03:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

The race productivity is already included in the figures for the raw materials.
Alteron

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 18:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really? Shocked

That cannot be! The productivities are supposed to v ary between 1 and 20, having the race's productivity as an added bonus. Was not that the idea?
Confused
Merthos

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 01:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, really.

The "default" productivity is something around 8-12 (not so sure about this but if you want to you can do a reverse calculation for some systems to get the figures). Then the star system type bonus is added and afterwards the race productivity bonus. This results in the numbers you see (1-22). Only the ore refinery bonus is not included in the numbers and has to be added separatly.
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 07:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

0 is also possible.

0-22
Alteron

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 15:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn!

And I who trusted the manual, adding adjusting the planets productivity with the racial modifier. Surprised

This means I have sold my goods far too cheap on the marked, losing only a few millions. Oh, well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kosmor Forum Index -> Questions and Answers All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: