Kosmor Forum Index
 Search Imprint      SearchSearch     Log inLog in 
 Search Legal      MemberlistMemberlist     ProfileProfile   

Rapid House Dissucion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kosmor Forum Index -> Feedback / suggestions for improvement
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you think a House Chat Page (one per house) would be a good idea?
Yes
56%
 56%  [ 14 ]
No
44%
 44%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 25

Xilento

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 12:47    Post subject: Rapid House Dissucion Reply with quote

It is very difficult for housemembers to communicate quickly, which can be quite a annoying. Therefore I think there should be a "Chat Page" for each house. It would go as follows.

1. Each house would have one.

2. Only house members can post in a houses page.

It would suggest that, like with some other sites it went as followed

Player A makes a post
Arrow Player B comments
Arrow Arrow Player A responds
Player C starts a new post

Etc. This would be convinient for members to communicate, and would lessen the time to make specifications that can take ubsurd ammounts of time to overcome because people sometimes only visit fourm evrey 24 hours or so.

Please create one, thanks-
Aurion
Member of the House

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 14:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. If people are rarely online, they will not look in this 'chat' page, too.
And if i understand the sytem you want right, it will be very fast so complex that no one find what he is looking for.

2. If people are often only, the can post in the forum a few times each day, or they can use instant messsengers or true chats like irc. There you can decide yourself who you want here and who not. And you can decide instantly if the people are all online. If not, we are back at point one.
Maelstroem
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 15:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

It might be thinkable to argue over something like a house "wiki". But this is in the distant future.

Currently we have forum and intergalactic mail functionality operational, also with many users beeing messenger or irc-enabled, communication should not be such a big problem.

Bye,
Maelstroem
Alteron

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 04:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Communication is not a bigger problem than what one allows of it to be. I myself use several protocols: YIM, MSN, ICQ, IRC (as I use the free OSc multi-protocol chat-client Miranda-IM. Recommended! www.miranda-im.org.) I use IRC also, but will have no problems adding an extra MSN solely for Kosmor. But all in all, the in-game chat is not good unless the players are online at the same time, and this is supposed to be an international game with players from both America, Europe and Oceania (to hightlight the vast time- differences).

Now, Maelstroem, about the in-game mailsystem...
That is one thing that could be improved. I have access to only the newest of my messages, so an archive to look back on is not aviable. Of cource I can delete messages to get to the one I need, but then it's no use, is it? I will be forced to delete other potential important messages. This is a thing I'd like to see being improved on - adding more common mail features such as the possibility to store the messages in a searchable way.

(Or, secondarily, handing out real e-mailaddresses and let the players decide how to manage their messages. This option is less favourable, as it needs to be an ingame address for players. Allowing only kosmor addresses to send messages to kosmor addresses is an option to make it in-game and avoid spam. But the problem with players creating accounts and deleting them, or even that when people change their names, will remain...)
Maelstroem
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 13:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

The currently best thing to do is to forward the kosmor mails to your local mail client and have them searchable and archived there.

Bye,
Maelstroem
Merthos

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 14:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, but that works only for incoming messages. So the easiest and best solution would be to extend the functionality to system and outgoing messages.
Shadowmaster

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 17:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

should make it so that you can chat with houses that you are allied with or have a NAT with.
alphabravo
Major

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 18:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

putting anything sensitive on a house forum is a big mistake anyway

spies are always around... and if you conquer someone in war, they would then have access to all plans

igms or external forums are the only feasible options for planning (other than IM)
Dadd

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 11:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone ever hear of MSN messenger?
Darkfyre

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 04:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

MSN, ICQ, Y!, IRC, the Houseboards, private messages, external forums... seems like enough ways to communicate to me. Cool

What I would like to see is what Alteron said: an option to store messages. An easy way to mass-send a certain message to a group of people would be nice as well.
vadi

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 15:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

The option to delete more than one email at a time would be *very* useful..like a check-box beside each email, and then just press the delete button Question
Aurion
Member of the House

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 16:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would be nice, yes, but as long as it is not build in, click on the waste icon, and before it deletes the mail click on the next, and so on, you can delete the whole site without waiting for the game to reload.
Shadowmaster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 13:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

im in agreement with vadi..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kosmor Forum Index -> Feedback / suggestions for improvement All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: