Kosmor Forum Index
 Search Imprint      SearchSearch     Log inLog in 
 Search Legal      MemberlistMemberlist     ProfileProfile   

we need new, more strict spam rules!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kosmor Forum Index -> Kosmor Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  

what do you think?
agreed
87%
 87%  [ 36 ]
disagreed
12%
 12%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 41

Templar_scum

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 09:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

fern suggested it though, I feel that a spam forum would stop it though, I've seen forums like this before, adding new ones is very easy and takes very little time to do
Walker

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 09:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

well a spam forum would reduce the spam on a single part where the rest does not have to check what happens

it works out very well in .de so i think it should be a part of the .com forum as well

oh and in .de i was one of the biggest spammers (no comparison to thrawn though;)) and still get respected by many people ^^
Templar_scum

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 09:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I am trying to regain your respect
paveyj

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 10:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didnt want to hear your life story, walker
Walker

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 10:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

it wasn't my whole life story, this would be much longer Wink
Maelstroem
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 13:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who of the german kosmor players thinks, that the spam forum in kosmor.de has improved the forum usuability?

Bye,
Maelstroem
Templar_scum

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 13:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do, I play .de
Aurion
Member of the House

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 18:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe it increased the usuability slightly. But really only slightly.

And I still don't understand why the people who want to spam do not get an own spam forum, make a spam channel in IRC, spam each other (two spammers) in ICQ, per Mail oder else.

Why do you spam in *this* forum, and why can't you do it elsewhere?

If some spammer could answer this question and give real reasons, i could perhaps understand why there is a need for a spam forum *here*.
Alteron

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 05:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

As most other players, I find spamming tiresome. I need to be updated on what happens, NOT to read lots of trash. Sorry, but it is really anoying.

IF the creation of a spamforum really will help, I support it. But what spammer would bother spamming only there? Isn't it attention any spammer seeks? No attention will exist in the spam-forum, and so it is useless.

I suggest a 7 day ban to be but on anyone who spams, and define spam to be "empty" messages that occures more that once pr player pr three days?

Alternatively, I would suggest tracking the spammers by their IP, and rent a bunch of thugs Wink
Agnar

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 15:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only opinion from .de (that counts at least) seems to suggest just a slight benifit in having a spam forum.

I understand that it may not be a HUGE help. Even a little help is appreciated! I realise that a spammer/s crave the attention, and the spam forum does not bring much of that for them. They may well continue posting outside of it.

However, I simply propose this as a measure to enable us, as a community, to be fair. IF the troublmakers post outside of its place, then we can ban them (permanently or temporarilly) with a *clean concience*. We would have tried.

I dont know. Perhaps a temporary ban is the way forward. I just want to include everyone in this comunity if it is possible Smile

However, most certainly, something needs to be done about our more recent and prolific posters of a certain reformed meat product of Monty-Python fame.

"We have spam, spam, egg and chips. That hasnt got *much* spam in it". "But, I DONT LIKE SPAM!" (or something like that)
Walker

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 16:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

it works in .de

threads without any real connection to kosmor right now only get created in the spam area...
alphabravo
Major

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 16:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

i play .de
but i think a big fat kick up the arse and a temp ban is better... these spammers do it for attention and nothing else - proof 1 = they are RL friends (some are) 2 = they have another forum of their own yet the spam this one 3 = they spam for the sake of spamming

i dont think we should allow the spam... wherever it is
Templar_scum

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 02:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, you're wrong. You are very wrong, the reason that spam occurs is because I am friends with these people. I play Kosmor, do my commnds etc. hen go on the forum, if I see fern at the bottom, I am happy, because I can talk to him, I'm seeking attention, like Linkyboy, mearly talking to my friend, now if I had a spam forum to go to, I would talk to him there, but I don't, so I talk to him in other Forums, this isn't seeking attention, most of my spam starts alright but drifts from the topic while I'm talking to fern. If there was a Spam Forum I would only post spam there, I don't know about others, but that is how I see it
Walker

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 02:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you improved a lozt during the last days thrawn!
Templar_scum

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 02:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thnx, I'm going to try, this spam forum would mean an end to spam forever on this site
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kosmor Forum Index -> Kosmor Talk All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: