View previous topic :: View next topic  
Templar_scum

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 13:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please don't brag about your income/produce
alphabravo
Major

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 18:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alteron wrote:
No prices should be above this, as even all non-pro's can produce much cheaper than this. Wink
not all Non-Pros/players have the factory capacity to build what they want when they want, and may need to buy to buy some of their goods... this leads to market dependency, which can be abused by raising the selling price. As they are dependent... they have to buy, whatever the price

therefore... if you dont chose to set up factories, you have to pay rent for the use of someone elses Wink
e1567

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 19:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

dang skippy thats some simple economic principals there. I bought like 200,000 plasma for about 8 a peice because the the amount selling went to around 2million or so. These things happen best be able to produce what you need. I can get by but when i want to produce a fleet in a short amount of time i go to the market I think that is the best way.
Alteron

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 04:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

alphabravo wrote:
not all Non-Pros/players have the factory capacity to build what they want when they want, and may need to buy to buy some of their goods... this leads to market dependency, which can be abused by raising the selling price. As they are dependent... they have to buy, whatever the price

I agree with you there alphabravo. I am dependent on the market myself, as I cannot produce fast enough and being short of raw materials as I am.

alphabravo wrote:
therefore... if you dont chose to set up factories, you have to pay rent for the use of someone elses

The cost/upkeep of the factories are already included when you calculate the production cost. But yes, from an economic point of view you should pay to use my factories. In economic terms; alternate cost. I can use the supplies or components myself rather than sell them to you, so you should pay me more than the production cost to "persuade" me to sell. I am not sure, however, if the prices that are common on the market now-a-days can be defended in any way...
NobleSteve

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 15:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive managed to find myself in an interesting place, i need the market to help boost my supply of credits.

i have built a large fleet and have two heavily industrialsied worlds building materials and ships componants both require masses of credits to maintain....

yet to keep my worlds pop growing i cannot raise alot of revenue that way....

my only solution has been to search the market for needed componants and using my many factories... produce items for other players (mainly H4 kit)... , and since i am a pro, i can produce cheaply... maximising my credit returns.

so every day nearly i have to hope the market favours me in the sales, but the results are clear.... big fleet can stem from smaller players if they play the market

these credits in turn go to producing more factories or allowing me to fund more of my fleet.... its a strange cycle where i need to supply the market to fund my day to day building.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kosmor Forum Index -> Kosmor Trade All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: