Kosmor Forum Index
 Search Imprint      SearchSearch     Log inLog in 
 Search Legal      MemberlistMemberlist     ProfileProfile   

Protection for new players!!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BattleKing

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 12:48    Post subject: Protection for new players!!! Reply with quote

Hi,

What I don't understand is; why does the new players in this game have no protection from attacks and conquers looking for a easy match?!

It is never funny to play a game when you don't iven have the chanche to make a army before other players can take you?! That is why I belive many players does not continue in this game!!!

There should be made some rules where new players have some time limit before they can be taken or attacked?!

If you become a PRO player you should have at least 1 month free of attack and possibilities to loose you empire!!!

Best regards,
BattleKing
Sad

Last edited by BattleKing on Thu May 19, 2005 05:27; edited 1 time in total
Shadowmaster

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 13:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

the point of the game is to try to build your own empire, but if you cant do that then it is to become as strong as you can undersomeone else then become independant...but everyone can not be a leader, there have to be followers as well, but to lead, and be a good leader, you must follow..
BattleKing

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 14:07    Post subject: The point of the game... Reply with quote

Shadowmaster wrote:
the point of the game is to try to build your own empire,

Indeed I have no problem to understand that!!! But what is the use of playing a game where you have no chanche to show that you can be a good leader from the start?!

New players should have the chanche to make at least some ships and than decide to make war or be conquered?!

There should be limits in here that new players should not be able to be taken by anybody above Major or after a few million people in their system?!

B.r,
BattleKing
alphabravo
Major

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 14:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

while not perfect, you will find most players are willing to help newbies, because they know that if they join peacefully and get support, then they are likely to help the player
Linkyboy

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 08:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

New players have to get on with it as much as already existing players. Could Mealstrome bow bow get any help. NO. And look at him now, Lethitions, and he didn't get any help.
fern

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 13:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont get you linky boy
maelstroem has no help?
he has H3s with 10,000 T12, according to Alphabravo......
Aurion
Member of the House

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 16:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think anybody knows if Maelstroem uses better ships than normal players, and i don't think he does. He can place as many ships as he wants to, he can delete the ships of the attackers or simply stop the attacking warplanet, and it isn't even profitable to conquer him. So there is no reason to tweak the ships.

But in one point you're right: Maelstroem has 'help' Twisted Evil . But you can't compare hin with normal players.

Aside from this there is no need for a proctection of new players. Every player 'till now startet without, and some have build up an empire. Others destroyed such empires, therefore they needed a fleet, which they build up without protection, why don't you do the same?
NobleSteve

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 16:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

New players join houses.... they rise up the ranks under said houses protection and as War or retirement permit they can become controling partners in the house... protection is already in the houses. any change would stunt the growth off the game...

it is true some players are nicer to newbies than others... but it all comes down to loyalty and servitude, prove your worth and reap the rewards!
Shadowmaster

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 16:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

he summed up the rest of it...how the game is now is how every player has played it...
Agnar

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 17:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats not strictly true Shadowmaster. I assume there was a bunch of players who all started as equals when there were no houses at the beginning of the galaxy.

It would be nice to be in it from the beginning, and meet players (and their fleets) on equal terms. To know that the huge fleet you are facing is because the player has out-developed, or out-played you, rather than simply been around longer.

Having said that, this is simply the way of Kosmor, and many of us *have* experienced this 'tough' start. It's unavoidable to some extent, but it just requires a little more diplomacy, from both sides, to develop a relationship. Looked at like that, it aint all bad, is it?
Agnar

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 17:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

... and its much more real!

Our race got to the technology needed for stella travel relatively late, it seems. There are already some large groups of imperators out there. gulp Smile
Jo

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 06:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a point in the BattleKing's original question...

I can understand the idee of this game and I can accepte the existance of some powerful houses wich will integrate me/other newbies... Still the begginers does not have right now the smalest chance to prove their skills.

Just an example, I was lucky to became independent from the start and evan luckier to get a subordonate the next day. But, after a week it seems that I am in war with House Kesh. There are "only" 2 enemy WP close to my planets Smile . So it seems I will lose some hose members before I will be integrate in the House Kesh.

This will give me an evan more disavantage as beginner. Right now I see my career stoped for some time (how long?!?) and this is not quite faire (at least desapointing). I am not complaining (I am quite perseverant) but there is a point in BattleKing's question...
BattleKing

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 07:10    Post subject: Thank you Joanne!!! Reply with quote

Joanne wrote:
There is a point in the BattleKing's original question...

All Respekt! to Joanne Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

Finally someone who got the point!!! It is not funny to start up like Joanne did and I feel real sorry for what happend, iven do I have nothing to do with that!!! My point is that the people who was in from the start had equal chanches, that's why I would like a little chanche too Question Exclamation

Any way I am happy that so many great players are saying their opinion, thank you Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

Wish you all the best of luck++

Best regards,
BattleKing Wink Cool
Claudio

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 08:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

When y new players enters the stage, he usually is automatically in a greater house, that's the idea of the game.

The house helps the new player to grow and come up, when the player works well, he can get so some subordinates, good connections to other players and houses and has in the end a very good fleet.

When this point is reached, he has to decide staying in the house and helping to bring it to TOP1 or leaving it and doing his own way.

Starting as a member of house has a lot of chances for new players, getting advice, ressources, hints and tipps AND theay can grow in peace.

My personal opinion, why so much players leave the game is, that for many people it's too "slow". This is the point, why i like it so much Wink

P.S: I'm one of the very earliest imperators here! I started as a member of the High Council, which know has fallen...
Neireh

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 08:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

tja there isno protection for newbies.. the universe is an verry hard place Wink so try to be harder ^^
maybe joanne could contact the leader of kesh and asking of joining ?
whats the matter? People conquering smaller ones.. if they are not complaining they assume that this is an already inactive account. So be quick an take some planets before the accounts will deletet of inactivness.

The problem is the communication. Say that you are there and say that you could join freely and would like to get some help...

or if you are pretenting to be stay independent.. then asking for peace with your neighbours. Even if they are bigger.. Some would say ok.. some don`t... but this you could never change.. but you could try to communicate at least... if you aren`t have bigger arguments like some Goliaths in you hands, use your brain and try some diplomatic...
Better to write to the houseleader and the emperors involved.

Try to speak with each other Razz !
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kosmor Forum Index -> Kosmor Talk All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: