Kosmor Forum Index
 Search Imprint      SearchSearch     Log inLog in 
 Search Legal      MemberlistMemberlist     ProfileProfile   

House Map
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kosmor Forum Index -> Feedback / suggestions for improvement
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should the House Forum be able to display our house map?
Yes
60%
 60%  [ 15 ]
No
40%
 40%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 25

Locutus

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 07:22    Post subject: House Map Reply with quote

Do you think that we should be able to post our house map on the house forum? It would help so that we won't expand into our own house's area.
Liam

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 07:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your leade is able to do so. He only need some webspace and he can link to it in the forum.
SwordSorcerer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 07:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is a good idea.

Keep them coming
BattleKing

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 11:22    Post subject: Re: House Map Reply with quote

Locutus wrote:
Do you think that we should be able to post our house map on the house forum? It would help so that we won't expand into our own house's area.

Hi,

This is a very bad idea because if there is a spy or two in the house you have a big problem!!! The best idea is to continue sending maps by email and use Adobe SVG to read it!!!

Wink Cool
Locutus

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 09:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, now that presents a new element of strategy into the game, now doesn't it? Espionage and sabotage will be more widespread, and it will be like the Cold War all over again.

I'll be with the Soviets.

Merthos

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 09:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is already a map sharing feature on Maelstroems ToDo list (somewhere in the 20th I think Wink). It would allow to enable your own view to other members of your house so they can see it in their map.
Locutus

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 10:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. Yay Laola
Emperor_Thrawn

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 10:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol, if they had of done this a while back, I could have really skrewed templar Very Happy
Shadowmaster

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 12:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree with BattleKing
Emperor_Thrawn

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 12:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awww that means my spies have to be clever Crying or Very sad
alphabravo
Major

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 13:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

using the latest builds of mozilla/opera or firefox (with mozilla + firefox i mean the LATEST builds... ie 1.0.4+ or 1.0.3+ or Deer Park Alpha 1 or a nightly for firefox and not just the last official releases) svg works fine...

however... due to the particulars of the script, and incomplete implication of scripts into the mozilla svg project... the script doesnt work, and due to the requirement of a height and width declaration... they also cant work without modification... or else you will just see the top left "screenfull"

i, of course have made a simple script to add the height and width elements, and maeli said in the german forum that it was on the list...

but when those are done, firefox has complete ability to run both svg and svgz... and i use it for my kosmor maps

regarding the issue of map sharing/merging i have subperfect but useful (will recommence changing the code after my last exam on wednesday) scripts to join maps together (not including radars or WPs on planets) and would expect that maeli's job here would be much simpler - although i use perl and he uses php, and i dont know php, so i cant really say for sure... given that i (or any other user) has to extract the information first and then put it into a map, whereas the original map scripts come from the database, and this should make it different

only possible questions would be:
different maps = different radar colours? - that's what i use [changing the opacity works here... so you can see all the radars underneath the top one]
same thing for planet colours?

but firstly... it's maeli's holiday time
secondly... im sure there are other more important things (esp if this is about 20th on the list)
and thirdly... it's not the end of the world atm... just MUCH MUCH better since the use of SVG maps for people to do it on their own... as they contain actual information, which a bitmap does not

/alpha
LinDze

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 16:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would be carefull with that because if u got more then 10 members in your house, there will be at least one spy Wink
BattleKing

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 17:44    Post subject: Mozilla.... Reply with quote

alphabravo wrote:
using the latest builds of mozilla/opera or firefox (with mozilla + firefox i mean the LATEST builds... ie 1.0.4+ or 1.0.3+ or Deer Park Alpha 1 or a nightly for firefox and not just the last official releases) svg works fine...
/alpha

Greetings,

Why to drive a moped on your Mozilla when you alsa can drive a free spaceship? Here is a link to Mozilla 1.7.8; http://www.mozilla.org/products/mozilla1.x/

If you don't trust your IE-Internet Explorer use this free PhaseOut that integrates with all your security; http://www.download.com/PhaseOut/3000-2356_4-10168999.html

Here is a link to SVG map reader; http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/11832
Remember that after you have installed it you most restart your machine. Then you just have to click on the map attachment you have recived and a new window in your browser will open. You can then see the total map in detail!!! The SVG alsa works with IE-Internet Explorer!!!

Good luck++

Wink Cool
Locutus

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. This post started with the house map and ended with something about your browser and espionage.

Mod: image removed
Locutus

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 10:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well perhaps, we could make it so that you can only view so much around your territory for your command tier. Ex: House leader- tier 1, 1st lvl of subs- tier 2, sub's subs-tier 3, etc...

The house leader views everything, but his subs view their own territory and about 500ly around it. Tier 3 views 200ly, Tier 4 sees 100, Tier 5 sees nothing. The area revealed is only the area controlled by the house. The house leader could show the whole house map to anyone he wanted to, though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kosmor Forum Index -> Feedback / suggestions for improvement All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: