Kosmor Forum Index
 Search Imprint      SearchSearch     Log inLog in 
 Search Legal      MemberlistMemberlist     ProfileProfile   

Jump Drives
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kosmor Forum Index -> Feedback / suggestions for improvement
View previous topic :: View next topic  

should everyone have a jump drive
yes
38%
 38%  [ 14 ]
no
61%
 61%  [ 22 ]
Total Votes : 36

chitown

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 10:58    Post subject: Jump Drives Reply with quote

I was wondering if the game would become much more leveled out if everyperson had access to a jump drive. Seeing that know there are only a select few of people who can use a jump drive, but if every person had a jump drive then the game would be much more interesting. Please post your opinion.
SwordSorcerer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 11:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone should have a jump drive
Emperor_Thrawn

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 12:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be too unpredictable and unstable
Rupsie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 12:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

then we just could give everybody 60ly in one day or somthing like that. it's not verry smart. it's good that there are only a few people. if you real want this. that there most be limmits. explain wat you want to do.

example:
60ly non pro
100ly pro
300ly house leader

rupsie
SwordSorcerer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 13:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

But it is unfair that only independant users can have a jumpdrive
BattleKing

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 13:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

rupsie wrote:
then we just could give everybody 60ly in one day or somthing like that. it's not verry smart. it's good that there are only a few people. if you real want this. that there most be limmits. explain wat you want to do.

example:
60ly non pro
100ly pro
300ly house leader

rupsie

rupsie is right!!! But God-Merthos has deleted my previous messages concerning my statment on this issue!!!

Pro players should have access to a jumpdrive at all times. Because we have paid for playing here. I paid $25.00 USD and it came up to $32.00 USD in total. So of course we deserve to get something more out of this!!!

I would then again say that I would rest my case concerning protection for newbies if this came into action!!!

Best regards,
Emperor_Thrawn

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 14:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about non-pro house leaders like myself?
Xilento

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 15:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Emperor_Thrawn wrote:
It would be too unpredictable and unstable

What about something where there was some sort of jump (for non leaders), but, you could only use it within your houses territory? This I think would rule out alot of the problems that I think you think could occur with the "unstable" things... We would then of course need some way of determining what actuly was your houses territory, and such. Houever, it would be nice, just because its annyoing for people like me (who are stuck at a far end of the universe, away from all enemies (and even most house members), and whom cant get to anyone without taking a ton of time going at that slow 30lgs a day...

Mby sompting like we could jump, but only into and through, territory that members of our house could see, whereas it was not hostile, or sompting...
Emperor_Thrawn

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 15:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

But then the game suddenly loses the planets idea, and turns into terrortry, maybe you should be able to go into a "hyper space" and spped up, but be unable to fight in the first three rounds of any fight while in the hyperspace
Hunter315

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 15:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

um, only 2 things in hyperspace can fight at the same time so neither one could be peanilized because they would both have to be in hyperspace Razz
Emperor_Thrawn

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 15:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, cos a non-hyperspaced object, can pull the hyperspaced one out
Shadowmaster

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 16:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

the jump drive should stay how it is, but being pro, the wp should move anywhere form 60 to 100 ly a day instead of the slow 30....and im still all for the ship trasport thing....lol for pros only
BattleKing

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 18:35    Post subject: Good answer.... Reply with quote

Shadowmaster wrote:
the jump drive should stay how it is, but being pro, the wp should move anywhere form 60 to 100 ly a day instead of the slow 30....and im still all for the ship trasport thing....lol for pros only

I totaly agree!!!

But the non-pro players could get upto level H7 in ships, that would give them some interesting power and give the scale some balanse?
chitown

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 09:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

What i meant was if everyone non house leader had access even to a limited jump drive. like a leader of a house keeps his full jump drive while a subordinate gets half the jump drive power and finally the pros would only lose 1/4 or none of his jump drive but i belive a 1/4 lost is acceptable seeing that you were conquered so you can't be conquered without consequences
Jo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 12:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

In all games I have been I never saw a black market. So why shouldn't anyone have the possibility to buy a jump-driver or something else on the black market? Of course there could be some advantages for the pro players like the possibility to build a jump-driver and selling it on the black market... but the ideea is to give anyone the possibility of getting such things evan with a very high price.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kosmor Forum Index -> Feedback / suggestions for improvement All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: