Kosmor Forum Index
 Search Imprint      SearchSearch     Log inLog in 
 Search Legal      MemberlistMemberlist     ProfileProfile   

Euro or not
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xilento

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 07:28    Post subject: Euro or not Reply with quote

fern wrote:
the original kosmor(.de) was in german(im in zlick) so they all wanted a new file and came over here.....
......you know germany wants to pull out of the euro...............they should adopt the pound, much better, the euros going nowhere............

Some in Italy, I read, also want to ditch the Euro, and I suspect many more.

Houever, as I dont live in Europe, I dont know how this actualy affects people. I heard that it was hurting smaller businesses to an extent, houever, I would be interested to hear from some actual European residents (rather then a BBC correspondent). Can anyone expand on why they think it should or should not be ditched? (And I hadent heard about this pound Idea. Is this sompthing many support, or just sompting you have thought of?).

Last edited by Xilento on Fri Jun 24, 2005 14:50; edited 1 time in total
Emperor_Thrawn

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 12:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a englishman i HATE the euro, I am english not European
Merthos

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 14:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

And I hate that every time when I have to go to London I have to exchange money.
alphabravo
Major

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 16:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

british, proud... love france, love germany, like europe, hate euro

1st: dont wanna
2nd (the real reason): our economy is much more in sync with US/internation al trading and not european, so we would find ourselves working against the other nations in the Euro, not for

and it gives you some different coins to collect when different countries have different money (and dont tell me about the different types of euro coin... my old teacher collected the set of all 1 coins)
Agnar

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 16:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

im english and i hate all that nationalist bullXXXt. I am English AND British AND European.

It is certainly interesting times as far as the union is concerned though, with the "no" votes on the constitution, and the italian stance on the euro.

Especially now, while it is the UK's (and Tony's) turn to be president...
alphabravo
Major

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 18:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

dont get me wrong... what i meant to get across was a very clear European / british feeling

i also think that the BNP should be locked up... and anyone else who blames being a d*ckhead on being nationalistic
Agnar

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 19:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile

...and my coments were not aimed at your post in particular Alphabrovo.
Emperor_Thrawn

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 01:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

The euro is bad, we are different countries, ruled by different people with different cultures, we are NOT one big country
NobleSteve

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 01:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im British, my stance is that as a nation with an economy which requires careful management to ensure our rapid growth that trying to set inflation rates etc to one uniform level would cause us many problems.

As the rest of Europe has shown this idea of trying to make many different countries work with one economy but no constitution is somewhat flawed... im sure many would agree all the legal and policy making should have been worked out way BEFORE the single currency was brought in.

The Euro asked countries that farm mainly to work with some highly industrial based nations... it cant work without propar systems in place.. which we dont have... and with the no votes... cant get.

The Euro is somewhat doomed at the moment but it is not dead yet... but ill keep my and the money i have in US shares thanks!

oh and lastly.. im not nationalist... im Patriotic, and i quite like Europe, just not more than my home land!... incase anyone got abit passionate about what ive said and wanted to imply otherwise!
Emperor_Thrawn

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 01:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woot, Great post mr. noble steve, great post, clap clap, round of applause
NobleSteve

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 01:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh and one more thing i just thought of... to any Italians:

I know your doing badly with the Euro at the moment but the cost of reintergrating your old currency would possibly be devestating to your economy, the simple cost let alone practicalities could really put you back years in economic terms... so maybe await a more prosperous period before any more radical ideas come into effect
Claudio

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 04:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think, the EURO is very useful in europe, it made trading between countries very easy and without any risks at the markets.

That's the point, why it was invented and nothing else.

I'm also wondering about the "sink" of the EURO, if you look at its beginning it was even worse than today!
chitown

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 05:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

the european union can never and will never work like america. People will never be able to join all of europe into one giant nation. there is way to much history in each country and too many years of indepence and self ruling and for it just to disappear in a couple political decisions is absurd and praticly impossible. also the euro is good for the richer countries but no good for british. why would a country want to give up the strongest currency and follow the crowd.
Walker

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 06:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

chitown wrote:
also the euro is good for the richer countries but no good for british. why would a country want to give up the strongest currency and follow the crowd.

germany did exactly this and in my opinion it was the right decision

as the economic development of any european country (not sure about britan Wink) depends to a very high extent on the development of the rest of europe it just makes sense to introduce a common currency, that makes life easier for any european company that is in economic contact with companies from other european countries

the question is not "is the euro good or not" but "is it good to introduce the euro even before you have a constitution" or "why does the EU wants to become larger by any price, e.g. the fact that you hardly can make any decisions any more"
Merthos

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 07:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having the Euro before the constitution was the right thing to do because:
- Money makes the world go round (even if you don't like it).
- Money is the thing that the ordinary Joe will notice about Europe.

I like the Euro (I also like the idea of a world currency or language) but it's a fact the Euro makes monetary policy almost completely impossible therefore removes a usefull wheel to tune the economy.

But I agree with Walker that extending the EU as a economic and political area to the current extend is a bad idea. A military alliance (like the NATO) and a free trade zone would have been enough.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kosmor Forum Index -> Kosmor Talk All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: