Kosmor Forum Index
 Search Imprint      SearchSearch     Log inLog in 
 Search Legal      MemberlistMemberlist     ProfileProfile   

Reservist Forces/Military Mobilization

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kosmor Forum Index -> Feedback / suggestions for improvement
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you like this idea?
Yes
47%
 47%  [ 9 ]
No
52%
 52%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 19

Locutus

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 06:17    Post subject: Reservist Forces/Military Mobilization Reply with quote

I think that you should be able to reserve troops on your planets that don't fight until you draft them. You pay a very small upkeep until you draft them. They activate the next turn, and then you get a bunch of ships depending on how many reserve troops you bought. Reserve troops also appear on the planet when you click on it in navigation. When you activate the reserves, the factories/mines on the planet will stop production, and population will stop growing till you deactivate them.

Also, I think that you should be able to put a planet into 'wartime production' mode. The planets generate extra resources, produce more things, and build ships faster. However, this would halt population growth and cost a bunch of money. It automatically goes back to regular mode after a certain amount of time, or when you stop it.
Emperor_Thrawn

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 00:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

good, idea, bump
Locutus

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 16:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

All right, for everyone who voted no, tell me why please.

Note: I said tell, not flame/spam/insult me.
Grey_Wind

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 20:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

i thought that was the idea of being able to have planets with only shipyards

so that each planet could quickly build ships from stored components

I quite like tha balance in this game

and the skill seems to be in the mobilization balance and tactics

cheers
Steve
Stargazer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 03:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy First I have to point out that this is a poll for TWO ideas.

The first one (troops on the planet) is nice but I don't think it will have any major consequences to gameplay. The only thing that changes is the amount of ships someone needs to conquer the planet.

If you make the ground forces more efficient their upkeep has to rise signifcantly. This leeds to the fact that only rich players can afford such troops => less chances for others to conquer them...

The consequence of the second idea (wartime production for planets) is the permanent use of wartime production after the planet population grew to a specific size (let's say 800.000 to 1.000.000) => higher production, NO changes to gameplay.
Locutus

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 12:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

It not only makes bigger players harder to conquer, but it also makes smaller players more resistant. More disadvantages for wartime production should be implemented.

Well, I started this idea because I wanted more strategy and planning in this game. If this works, it would be more fun, don't you think?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kosmor Forum Index -> Feedback / suggestions for improvement All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: