Kosmor Forum Index
 Search Imprint      SearchSearch     Log inLog in 
 Search Legal      MemberlistMemberlist     ProfileProfile   

NATs Suck - What's the point?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pengarth

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 04:42    Post subject: NATs Suck - What's the point? Reply with quote

Hey Fellow Kosmorians

Not sure if anybody else feels the same about setting up NAT's with neighbouring parties but with all these friendly agreements all over the place, people in some areas are afraid to attack each other in case it spoils their comfortable position. Guys (and girls), honestly, life will not come to an end if your NAT breaks down, this is a Wargame after all!! Hey, how about we say nobody should attack anybody and then we can all live happily ever after!! We could turn this game into a gardening simulator or something?? On the flip side of the coin you have these pricks who go around asking subordinates to put all their ships on the main dude's WP just so he can suck all the planets up in the galaxy. What a crap way of playing, so boring.

Pengarth
SwordSorcerer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 08:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do Non Agression Treeties suck.

They are peaceful

Engel Engel Engel
pengarth

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 08:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good question, another good question is why do you suck your own nob??
Emperor_Thrawn

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 09:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

NATS mean the galaxy has stability, otherwise we would be in a constant state of war, a nat, either said or unsaid, means that the houses aren't going to attack, meaning people can grow, without constant war, which would crete a very unstable world, and unfriendly to new players, which would choke the game
Nakana

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Emperor Thrawn put it very well in his statement. Sometimes it is in a house's best interest not to be at war with specific people. If this is mutual then they usually agree to a NAT so that both houses benefit. Recklessly charging into war will only lead to your house's demise (that's the theory, anway).
Locutus

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 12:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

A NAT can help you have peace temporarily, so that you can build up bigger fleets and have bloodier wars. Nothing lasts forever.
(Just kidding)

On the positive side, however, NATs can help with by making people trust you. If this game was all back-stabby and trigger-happy, then we would never have enough unity to actually do anything.
Emperor_Thrawn

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 01:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Nakana but really pengarth you cannot stop them, a NAT is just a spoken treatie, but they exist in the very ether of human nature, why don't you randomly kill your friend? Because you are, simpily put, at peace with him, see?
AX

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 03:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree to pengarth!

I think, there are to much houses around the kosmor-universe, which get really nervous...when some newbies/rookies get in range... Confused
hey...its a wargame!! so let them built their h4s...let´em make their own house in the neighborhood....
Hey...if every big-shooter-house in here gets everytime every little newbie...someday they will pay for it, ´cuz someone is pressing with 5-10 others the revolution-button...
But now Its just like cold-war in the 1950´s...everybody builds some really fat ass-kickin´ stuff...so noone wanna shoot first, ´cuz everyone´s afraid of loosing some fleet......
Emperor_Thrawn

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 03:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not true, there are at least two wars going on at tyhe moment which proves u wrong
AX

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 05:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

>Not true, there are at least two wars going on at tyhe moment which proves u wrong

ooohhhh..... Confused
two wars???
And how many houses are in kosmor.com.... Rolling Eyes
and how many houses fight against each other in that 2 wars?? Cool

garden-simulator... Razz
Emperor_Thrawn

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 06:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice garden simulator when its you cought up in that war, and all your fleets died, due to a trator, I have been in wars before, but they are slow ones taking months to finish, this is realism is it not, rather than a "garden simulator"
Emperor_Thrawn

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 06:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

You like war now?

Councilor of the House e1567 (house Order_of_Templar) integrates imperator
pengarth (former house Silvotar) into his empire
(destroyed combat power: 3775).
AX

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 06:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

>NATS mean the galaxy has stability, otherwise we would be in a constant state of war, a nat, either said or unsaid, means that the houses aren't going to attack, meaning people can grow, without constant war, which would crete a very unstable world, and unfriendly to new players, which would choke the game.

Very Happy
You are contradicting yourself!
...Ask the newbies. They will be attacked at first time you gettem in sight! And surely thats unfriendly!
And there are too much newbies, which quit the game, ´cuz noone wanna hear they prey to have an own house.
Besides its unstablenow with these big houses, there has to be more little houses...so we get more fights between them...thats what I mean Confused
No newbie can fight against kesh or underverse...or...whatever...

But if they splitted of in many....the nonpros can fight against with (for example) 20 H4s Very Happy
pengarth

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 06:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

BattleAX...at last, someone that has some balls, I was starting to think that everybody in this galaxy is a pussy!!! NAT's are fine in theory but when you have a NAT with something like 5 or 6 houses like ours (OrderofTemplar), it goes beyond a joke. When I first started playing, I@ll admit that I git pis*ed off if people kept attacking but at the end of the day, you can find other ways of getting people back. Guys, don't forget that if you're in a house, it doesn't mean you have to obey their rules. It can be quite good fun fukkin up their NATS actually? Isn't that right Spaceman? (private joke).
Nebbuchadnezzar

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 08:12    Post subject: NAT's are as useless as rubber lips on a woodpecker. Reply with quote

I don't give a sh*t for NAT's. I will build up my fleet (again) and attack whoever I choose. If my superordinate wants a good subordinate, he should at least meet me half way. And to re-itterate what Pengarth said: "YOU DO NOT HAVE TO OBEY THEM!"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kosmor Forum Index -> Kosmor Talk All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: