Kosmor Forum Index
 Search Imprint      SearchSearch     Log inLog in 
 Search Legal      MemberlistMemberlist     ProfileProfile   

What does your name on Kosmor relate to?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fern

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 14:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

paveyj
Major

paveyj

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 18:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Youve learnt how to highlight the word kent, good lad!
However, if you were hinting that id made some mistake then your wrong. YES it does say my location is kent, but doesnt mean thats where i originally come from. Cant you tell from my accent!?
Paveyj
fern

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 02:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

what does it matter where you originally come from?
in that case, you chose to move to kent, which by you reckoning is more foolish than originally coming to Kent...........
Locutus

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 03:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where a person lives may not be their choice. Take me, for example. I am stuck here because my mom moved me here for a better job and a better life (or so she thinks).
paveyj

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 03:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Locutus for explaining that to Fern. I actually moved here cos its where my job sent me, so no im NOT as foolish as you. Sorry Cool

Can we drop this now?
alphabravo
Major

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 06:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

anywhere south of Watford and East of Southampton sucks anyway :oP
nice parts of the UK [for anyone who wants to visit]

South West England + Cornwall [no, cornwall isnt in england :oP ] have nice beaches and towns

Dartmoor is a stunning place for hard-core walking... but not for a country stroll
Exmoor and Cotsworlds are nice for country walks, cotswolds also have lovely quaint villages
Wales, the Lake District and Scotland are like Dartmoor => bleak, but good for serious walkers

York and Durham have nice Churches [York Minster and Durham cathedral] and are both nice old towns
Bath is a nice place to visit => roman baths + nice cathedral + some shops ;-)

some people like the northeast coast for holidays... but i'm not convinced -> although can be nice, yet very touristy
Alteron

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 11:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am Alteron, General Director of the Technocratic Federated Republic of the Charnooc.

The name emerged to me as I was playing Space Empires (on my PC) and Astro Wars (on the net). This name - and it's identity - have stayed with me forever after. I have used it in RTS games such as StarCraft and AoE: Galactic Battlegrounds also. I like the name. It feels harmonic, and it have become "me" in a sence.

As a civilisation, we rely on both genetic improvements and cybernetic implants to improve the efficiency of our society and government. We are happy to report that every single subject is constantly connected to our information networks; allowing us to handle diseases and other unwelcome events with an astonishing efficiency. True; the "privacy" that other people seem to hold in such high regard is somewhat, hm, limited. But on the other hand; that is considered a small price to pay for a safe and happy life.

We exist to serve. We prefer order and structure to any other principle or governal ideology. We wouldn't talk of Darth Wader in a bad way - he is a great comander that ensures the stability needed for a society to thrive. But then again; Darth Waders use of troops and materiell have not allways been economically sound. Other great commanders I have read of in our Central Library is General Grievous.

Glory to the Order of Templars whom we serve!
Giner

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 05:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought i would open this topic up again as it seems an interesting topic to talk about whilst the Talk Forum is abit abandoned it seems for the moment.

My name Giner is my nickname at school as it is the colour of my hair but shortened version Ginger = Giner.

My House name is a game i have called DragonForce for the Sega Mega Drive II which is one of my favourite games but i modified the name because it sounds better as The_Dragon_Force.

Bye Giner
Carboneater

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

My name is carboneater
origin: carbon/eater
I made this name for me because I remembered having heard in class that scientists expect that if there's life somewhere else in the universe, it might be a silicium-based life, and we're a carbon-based life.

my houses names:
tockoss: it doesn't mean anything, I just took it from a name one of my friend used in D&D. I soon changed it.
sylliksyans: some kind of a mix of silicium and "saiens" from dragonball...

Deities (my current): a thought to all those who refer to Stargate SG1 (I don't see much from Atlantis). Especially to the House Asgard, Jack O'neill (the one who killed so much false-deities), apophis, and the others I don't remember the name.
JackONeill

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 13:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

carboneater wrote:
Especially to the House Asgard, Jack O'neill (the one who killed so much false-deities), apophis, and the others I don't remember the name.

I have nothing to do with it Twisted Evil
Carboneater

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 18:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

I meant in the show Stargate SG1. Cool
Jay

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 09:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine real name is Jason. My nickname used to be Jay therfor having my name as Jay
Black-Skull

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have used in Kosmor two names.

In my first live, i was Krondor, imperator of the Kron-empire. This name
i have gotten throught a misunderstanding in a other game, ten years ago. I would call me there "A Condor", and the gameleader did change this name to "Krondor", how the Townname in the Romans of Raymond E. Feist. In DE is "Krondor" the father of all pirates, because i developed at first specially piratcy-tactics, which it make it hard to hunt me.

My second name "Black-Skull" is a special creation to describe my target in the game. The skull with the two crossed bones are a known symbol for piratcy, and so is Black-Skull also a symbol for my way of piratcy.
I think that i don't must explain that more. *g*
Giner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 14:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

You were Krondor?!? it just seems a massive change in tactics from a massive empire to a little pirate house.
stickey

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 15:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

My name comes from back when i got a packet of post-it notes and was sticking them every where. Stuck one on my friends door that said "Stickey Note Was Here." After that i played a variety of consol games and some of them wouldn't let Stickey Note fit so i droped it to Stickey.

As for my house(SNLA) it stands for Stickey Note Liberation Army.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kosmor Forum Index -> Kosmor Talk All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: