50%
 50%  [ 27 ]
Mostly Bad
50%
 50%  [ 27 ]
Total Votes : 54

Agnar

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 07:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not sure how i feel about this idea yet, it has come as a bit of a shock!

I do feel it is good to even up the balance between pros and non-pros though, the gap was just too huge. Now non-pros can become more active in the game, and the bigger non-pros can stand up to a smaller pro. Such narrowing of the gap good for the game IMO, although i am not sure if this is the way to accomplish it.

Personally, i would have just increased the size of ship non-pros could use to H6 or even as high as H8.
BattleKing

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 14:13    Post subject: Agree with Agnar Reply with quote

What the hell?

This is what I have been saying from the day one that I started in here. Give the non-pro up until H6 end of story, don't make all this complicated moves to loose Pro players. I went to the trouble to become a Pro because I want to have more power. Then when I finally get power it is taken away from me? Where is the logic?

If this game continue like this I will leave and waste no more time in here. Unbeliveable bullshit if you ask me. We are the one's paying for the server time in the end!!! Non-pro are non-pro, they bring nothing to the game in form of money. I have paid for this and now I have to refit my whole fleet? I have been playing almost everyday from mai in here to get up my fleet and just started to enjoy this game. I am really getting pissed of at the bullshit I am getting served right now!!! Waste day after day for nothing? Unbeliveable!!!

Maelstroem you have really loost in my eyes now!!! What a crap story this game is turning into!!!

Evil or Very Mad
e1567

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 14:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude calm down being pro still has its advantages just not as much. Now a group of non-pros could take on a single pro user. But now I think about this, this helping out of non-pros does make this game a bit more interesting people will be less likely to piss of non-pro's just because they are non-pro's and if you haven't noticed the number of active members have been dropping if this brings up the numbers mael will get more money from banners and hopefully improve things again.
Gozer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 15:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bigger hulls are still more effective than smaller, but I suspect they'll be more effective as part of a balanced fleet. It seems that one of the big complaints stems from the fact that people may have to think a little about fleet composition. Also, on average, bigger hulls should be able to accumulate more experience. All this makes me more likely to stay around.
Xilento

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 18:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

What if to help make this more "fair" to larger ships, and infact a bit more realisitc, it was made so that if a ship hits another ship, and the damage exceds that of the hit ships shield, then the hull can be damaged/destroyed by the remainder of the firepower left from destroying the shield?

This way, small ships would have the mobility/accuracy/etc advantage, while big ships high power weapons would still have appropriate advantages associated with them.
Maelstroem
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 04:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Folks,

... calm down ...

a few points from the game design viewpoint:

When we created the game back in 2001-2002, we made a big mistake: we made the small ships very slow, which resulted in building only the large, fast and powerful ships. We definetly want to see more different ship levels, thats why we decided to do this rebalancing.

But the effects are not as critical, as many pro users would fear:

a) the goliath still stays the most powerful ship as it has by far the best firepower/upkeep ratio.
b) as surst said, it is not necessary to reconfigure complete goliath fleets. It might be necessary to reconfigure a small fraction (say 10% at max) of the goliath fleet with lower techlevel weapons to ensure maximum fleet power.

We really don't want to disappoint pro-users, thats why we will now concentrate on building more Pro-Only Features, such as the new Fleet command screen (which allows moving multiple ships at once) and (thats at least what I want to do) add more and other buldings for starsystems.

Have fun, don't worry, the effect won't be as serious as many people are fearing right now.

Bye,
Maelstroem
Claudio

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 06:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm looking forward to this new feature!

I hope to see more exciting fights. Fights with an unpredictable ending!!!

At he moment you only attack if you're sure, you'll win, because every knows the opponents fleet has standard (maximum) tech levels and there is no surprise in the result.

But with this feature you can hardly predict, what tech level components the opponent has fit his ships! So, the fights we'll be more exciting!

Just go on like this, Maelstroem!

claudio (a believing PRO-User Wink
BattleKing

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 08:56    Post subject: Unbeliveable Reply with quote

So who is going to have the 10% hasle and who is going to pay for this, you? We have already fixed the fleet our economy can carry!!! Now we have to reconfigure our ships with money we don't have!!! Are we going to have those millions transfered to our accounts so that we can make those chances?

That the Pro players will have a new fleet command center and some new things for their planets is a good idea. But who is going to pay for the new things for the planets?

I spend almost everyday in here and have put a lot of hard, hard work into this game!!! I belive I am not alone in this game working hard?! So after all we have done it will be all for nothing, because we don't have the finance to get the new stuff that pop's up all of a sudden. It is always nice that you want new things put into the game. But what about the one's that has been in here from the start. Don't they have a saying in this matters at all? Just pay and shut up!!! Is that the policy around here?

I find this quiete rude!!!

Evil or Very Mad
Gozer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 09:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some advice on dealing with change:

Improvise, Adapt, and Overcome- US Marine Corps

Military tactics are like unto water; for water in its natural course runs away from high places and hastens downwards... Water shapes its course according to the nature of the ground over which it flows; the soldier works out his victory in relation to the foe whom he is facing. Therefore, just as water retains no constant shape, so in warfare there are no constant conditions. He who can modify his tactics in relation to his opponent and thereby succeed in winning, may be called a heaven-born captain. - Sun Tzu
Shadowmaster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 16:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

i guess my fleet being destroyed isnt such a bad thing now, i can just build my new..new fleet with the game upgrades in effect....???? maybe not though...
e1567

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 16:17    Post subject: Re: Unbeliveable Reply with quote

BattleKing wrote:
So who is going to have the 10% hasle and who is going to pay for this, you? We have already fixed the fleet our economy can carry!!! Now we have to reconfigure our ships with money we don't have!!! Are we going to have those millions transfered to our accounts so that we can make those chances?

Evil or Very Mad

Are you telling me that you did not have the foresight to at least keep a certain income per turn so you would have positive funds, man I wish I was near you, easy pickings even with out these changes.......You really should of grown slower and allowed plenty of growth and the reaped the benifits haveing plenty of credits.

I would like to retract my earrlier statement, I would of course like to still be a pro user I think that makeing it more fair to non-pro's will allow better growth.

You know battleking there was a group of people that shared your fear of change I think they were called the Catholics........(Newton rules!!!!!!!!!!!!! Laughing )
Xilento

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 23:53    Post subject: Re: Unbeliveable Reply with quote

e1567 wrote:
...there was a group of people that shared your fear of change I think they were called the Catholics...

They still are Wink
e1567

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 11:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

well I do not want to get into off topic but the catholics have retracted there "heresy say so" against newton about a decade ago and there has been no further out breaks to my knowledge.
BattleKing

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 13:29    Post subject: Re: Unbeliveable Reply with quote

e1567 wrote:

I would like to retract my earrlier statement, I would of course like to still be a pro user I think that makeing it more fair to non-pro's will allow better growth.

You know battleking there was a group of people that shared your fear of change I think they were called the Catholics........(Newton rules!!!!!!!!!!!!! Laughing )

No worries,

I am fine and money is growing like a beautiful flower...

Changes are great, in the de game they will just stop to play the game because of this great ideas. Do you belive it won't happend in here to?

I am new in here as BattleKing, but old in the game. When the old players don't have a saying in the game changes, something is very wrong. This great players have paid so that people like you can be in here and write.

I wish you the best of luck and welcome you as a Pro player.

Wink Cool
Gozer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 11:23    Post subject: Re: Unbeliveable Reply with quote

BattleKing wrote:
When the old players don't have a saying in the game changes, something is very wrong.

Yet, if the game is structured to ensure the happiness of the old players, it will be at the expense of new players, which means most won't stay, which means the game doesn't grow or evolve.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kosmor Forum Index -> Kosmor Talk All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: