Kosmor Forum Index
 Search Imprint      SearchSearch     Log inLog in 
 Search Legal      MemberlistMemberlist     ProfileProfile   

Off Topic: Summer '06
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Locutus

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 17:39    Post subject: Off Topic: Summer '06 Reply with quote

Hello there, all my European friends! I am planning to visit parts of Europe in the summer of 2006. Places I will be visiting are:
-Amsterdam
-Heidelberg
-Munich (home of Kosmor! YAAY!)
-Innsbruck
-Venice
-Verona
-Lucerne region
-Alsace region
-Paris
-London

I need some recommendations on what places to visit, what food to eat, and other stuff.

Last edited by Locutus on Wed Oct 05, 2005 14:02; edited 1 time in total
Shadowmaster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 17:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey, send me some money, ill go with you....lol=)

house of Agnari.....
Locutus

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 17:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Believe it or not, I used to live in Houston.
Agnar

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 18:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

i can recomend some damn good places to eat and drink in the (north) east end of london, slightly off the "beaten track", but good eats for £5-6 aint something you turn ur nose up at in London, and i guarentee you an experience.

Send me an IGM if ur feeling brave. Wink

(Same applies for nightlife)
Neireh

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 02:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah if you would visit Stuttgart i could tell you some places, but Heidelberg is not my region Wink
BattleKing

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 13:38    Post subject: Re: Off Topic: Summer '06 Reply with quote

Locutus wrote:
Hello there, all my European friends! I am planning to visit parts of Europe in the summer of 2006. Places I will be visiting are:
-Amsterdam
-Heidelberg
-Munich
-Innsbruck
-Venice
-Verona
-Lucerne region
-Alsace region
-Paris
-London

I need some recommendations on what places to visit, what food to eat, and other stuff.

If you should get off track and fall down in Oslo you will have a open door+a free bed!!! My car will guide you around the capital and you will enjoy every moment!!!

Stay Cool+have a great trip++

Wink Cool
Locutus

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 14:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Battleking, but I'm afraid my mother won't like me wandering off to another country. Wink

I'm thinking of keeping a photo album of everything and maybe some of you could be in it?
Shadowmaster

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 16:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you used to live in huston, then i know you know about austin....(the capitol) =) i live there....
Pokel

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 12:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try to visit Hamburg! Theres no town more beautiful than this one.

What places to visit there... start with Beer in the early morning (round about 16:00) at the hotel, then go to the "Kiez" and just try to have fun there. Later in the evening (~10:00) you can go to the "Fischmarkt" and ask for a "Fischbrötchen", thats good to get energy for the next day. Laughing
fern

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 10:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skip all the rest, only go to London.
You should go see chelsea play football....tho it'll cost you £50 quid Very Happy
paveyj

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 10:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noticed chatham wasnt on your list, for shame
BattleKing

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 15:12    Post subject: No prop... Reply with quote

Locutus wrote:
Thanks, Battleking, but I'm afraid my mother won't like me wandering off to another country. Wink

I'm thinking of keeping a photo album of everything and maybe some of you could be in it?

It only cost me 20USD$ to pop over to London for a drink and a hello from here!!! So if you keep in touch we can always gather a gang over there for a party!!! Agnar lives in London so he would be a excellent guide!!!

Have a perfect weekend++

Wink Cool
alphabravo
Major

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 15:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pokel wrote:
Try to visit Hamburg! Theres no town more beautiful than this one.

What places to visit there... start with Beer in the early morning (round about 16:00) at the hotel, then go to the "Kiez" and just try to have fun there. Later in the evening (~10:00) you can go to the "Fischmarkt" and ask for a "Fischbrötchen", thats good to get energy for the next day. Laughing
i think Lübeck is a nicer city nearby... because Hamburg is a little bit... but still Hamburg is nice i believe
Keithyg

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 06:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

kinda hard to say the best places to go out and eat in london just because its so big, ya got one bloke on here whos north london, i'm south (greenwich) myself and we'd probably have problems knowin where eachothers on about Razz. My advice re london is go round all the touristy things and just walk into places that look half decent. Der arn't really that many places i'd say were rubbish in central london to be honest.
Locutus

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 15:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few days ago, we had a meeting about our travel plans, and our tour director placed much emphasis on the pickpockets in Europe. I have lived in many cities (Houston, Beijing, Singapore, Nanchang), and I have never been pickpocketed even once.

Is my tour director being overly cautious, or are the pickpockets there as dangerous as she says? (And are they especially sensitive to Americans, because I would be safe, in that case.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kosmor Forum Index -> Kosmor Talk All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: