Kosmor Forum Index
 Search Imprint      SearchSearch     Log inLog in 
 Search Legal      MemberlistMemberlist     ProfileProfile   

Enemy wp around the orbit of one of my planets.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kosmor Forum Index -> Bug-Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
e1567

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 16:58    Post subject: Enemy wp around the orbit of one of my planets. Reply with quote

Ok here is the situation:

I was moving to attack a Haven planet and Manann sent an attack against haven's wp(also moving towards the exact same planet that i was going towards) so manann conquered haven and my wp moved to attack the planet which i took and at the same time Haven's wp moved to the planet.

But now there is Haven(house underverse) orbitting around my planet.

Does this mean he will be conquered by me next round?? or what.

And if any of the admin's do not believe me give me your e-mail and I will send you the captured image.
PaulAtreides

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 19:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is insane! I never thought of that possibility.
Claudio

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 19:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a possibility, what could have happened:

The nav-map just can show distances larger than 0,1ly.

So it is possible, that Have's WP ist now closer than 0,1ly to the planet for game processor (which calculates with a precision), but tha nav map shows it with the same coordinates.

This is a known bug.
e1567

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 15:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

See that would make sense but this turn he was taken over by ships on my wp that I know i didn't send at him and then both of our wp's moved away from the planet. This is very strange. I can only guess there wasn't a line of code written for this situation.
BattleKing

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 18:14    Post subject: What a heck... Reply with quote

e1567 wrote:
See that would make sense but this turn he was taken over by ships on my wp that I know i didn't send at him and then both of our wp's moved away from the planet. This is very strange. I can only guess there wasn't a line of code written for this situation.

Hm...

From what I can see it looks like there wasn't a code written indeed. Can't understand it no other way. Next time you know what to do if you move in the same way...

Continue as you where++
Claudio

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 04:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, this sounds strange indeed!

Hope that Maelstroem soon has time to look for it...
e1567

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 11:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it would be nice if a mod said somthing so i knew it was being looked at or asking for details or somthing...... Embarassed i feel neglected
Merthos

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 11:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

A WP can only be conquered once a turn. Therefore there was no fight the first turn.
e1567

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 13:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah I did not know that, that is not in the rules is it??? that would of been a good thing to know. Thank you that cleared it all up.
alphabravo
Major

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 15:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Merthos wrote:
A WP can only be conquered once a turn. Therefore there was no fight the first turn.
aaaaah... interesting, there goes my plan for conquering someone 3 times in a turn
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kosmor Forum Index -> Bug-Reports All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: