Kosmor Forum Index
 Search Imprint      SearchSearch     Log inLog in 
 Search Legal      MemberlistMemberlist     ProfileProfile   

Disassembly

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kosmor Forum Index -> Feedback / suggestions for improvement
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What do you think?
I like this idea.
77%
 77%  [ 21 ]
No, I don't like this idea.
22%
 22%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 27

Locutus

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 07:29    Post subject: Disassembly Reply with quote

Since the drive limit for ships is going to be removed soon, I propose that we should be able to disassemble components and supplies into resources. This is because of a few reasons:

1. To prevent from a market crash due to very low demand and high supply of the useless drives/supplies. Also, this may prevent massive inflation of the market when the high-level drives have very high demand and a very low supply.
2. To add a new facet of money-making into the game. Buying low-demand drives and transmuting them into high-demand drives. Also, this keeps some low-level components on the market and makes them not so useless.

What do you think?
Gozer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 09:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about inceasing maintenence costs when larger drives are added? Even without that, putting D12's on a small hull significantly increases the cost, without inceasing the survivability.
Agnar

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 07:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel that it is good idea to change the way upkeep is calculated, considering the change inn game dynamics introduced by these new rules. The goal should be to allow sensible choices over fleet composition, particularly in how one equips different hull types.

I would suggest four methods of calculating it:

1. Upkeep is based on *all* the different components of a ship.
2. Upkeep is based on shields, hulls and drives.
3. Upkeep is based on drives and hulls.
4. Upkeep is based solely on drives.

I think the first option is ok, but the new rules on hit probability will already have the effect of encouraging folk to put different sorts of weapons on their hulls.

I think that the second option is good, encouraging an array of different types of ship composition.

I think that the third option is also good, and it is the closest to the current system.

I think that option four brings difficulties, and encourages even more use of smaller ships over the larger ones. Under this sysem, H3s would be the best ship to build. I think this option should therefore be rejected.

Personally, i like the third option, where upkeep is based on hulls and drives. This would give a sensible reason to place smaller drives on some ships, rather than D12 on everything... Under the current new rules, we will construct *all* our ships with size 12 drives, and there would be no point in doing otherwise.
Agnar

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 07:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

One other consideration about having ships with different types of components on board, is that it would becomes very difficult to truely estimate the strength of an enemy fleet.

Perhaps this is a good thing?

On the other hand, perhaps some sort of sensors is appropriate, allowing a view of the combat power of ships on the nav-screen?
Agnar

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 07:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also feel that being able to reverse engineer components back into their constituant parts is a good thing.

This allows people to reconfigure their ships more easilly, and also make use of some of the lower drives captured from other players (or from re-configuring their old ships under the new rrules).

There could perhaps be a processing charge in credits, much as there is for manufacturing the item new, and it should use up factory production too. This would mean that it is *possible* to do reverse engineering, but not *profitable*.
Maelstroem
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 04:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. We were thinking of a "recycler" pro-user only building which transforms components and supplies back into raw materials.

Bye,
Maelstroem
BattleKing

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 09:31    Post subject: Excellent Reply with quote

Maelstroem wrote:
Yes. We were thinking of a "recycler" pro-user only building which transforms components and supplies back into raw materials.

Bye,
Maelstroem

If that is so I will go quiet from my front. Only that we need to get compensation for the cost we are going to have for all the new work!!!

Confused
Grey_Wind

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 22:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds great - bring it on - i especially like the reccler idea - buy up all the junk and turn it into stuff

when do the new rules take effect - my shipyard warehouses are bursting at the seems with all the d11 drives i have lying around - much cheaper for almost the same range and info
alphabravo
Major

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 16:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skrubber wrote:
sounds great - bring it on - i especially like the reccler idea - buy up all the junk and turn it into stuff

when do the new rules take effect - my shipyard warehouses are bursting at the seems with all the d11 drives i have lying around - much cheaper for almost the same range and info
sure, but if you can mass produce the d12s yourself.... think of the money you could make on the marketplace Wink
Shadowmaster

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 11:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

are the a11's going to be able to equip d12's instead of d4's?
Liam

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 12:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

No.
Rupsie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 13:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shadowmaster wrote:
are the a11's going to be able to equip d12's instead of d4's?

that will make them a super power, cable to kill a little non-pro in 1 turn.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kosmor Forum Index -> Feedback / suggestions for improvement All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: