Kosmor Forum Index
 Search Imprint      SearchSearch     Log inLog in 
 Search Legal      MemberlistMemberlist     ProfileProfile   

Multi punishment

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kosmor Forum Index -> Feedback / suggestions for improvement
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alphabravo
Major

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 13:52    Post subject: Multi punishment Reply with quote

when a player is declared a multi account, the accounts are usually deleted, or in some cases in .de, simply a proportion of the player's planets are returned to neutral...

however, unlike the deletion of a normal account, multi accounts usually disappear instantly, which causes some problems

when the accounts are deleted, the player who was previously suffering to the multis loses more, as the multis have a habit of taking some planets before they are deleted -- happened to me in .de

i was lucky, and got some compensation, but still only 1/2 the planets i lost
my 3 suggestions regarding multi deletion are:
0) - as is

1) - delete the account after x number of days (maybe 1.5 or 2x the normal deletion period)

2) - randomly distribute the planets owned by the multi to:
a) random players in the galaxy
b) those who "lost" out to the multi most

3) - leave the account active, but the WP position fixed and it impossible for the multi to login until deemed necessary - for other players to take planets back in their own time
aquadus

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) Might want to put this in the news as well. So that people know that they are multies.

2a) Another suggestion for this would be to distribute the planets to those that are closest to the multi instead of making it random.
alphabravo
Major

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

aquadus wrote:
1) Might want to put this in the news as well. So that people know that they are multies.

2a) Another suggestion for this would be to distribute the planets to those that are closest to the multi instead of making it random.
yes, that was kinda the thought with option b)
however i was thinking that some multis help friends, or other multi accounts, so if you give it to nearest only, you might give them the planets to the bad side
Ad_thrawn

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 11:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best way to do it, is just to make the planets neutral, if you say who lost the most to the multi, then opinions enter, someone has to decide, time is wasted, the planets should be neutral, if ya can't reclaim em, you wouldn't have been able to hold em Razz

thrawn

Cool
BattleKing

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 19:07    Post subject: Re: Multi punishment Reply with quote

alphabravo wrote:
1) - delete the account after x number of days (maybe 1.5 or 2x the normal deletion period)

3) - leave the account active, but the WP position fixed and it impossible for the multi to login until deemed necessary - for other players to take planets back in their own time

For me a multi is a multi... The whole Empire of that multi player has go in my opinion!!! No one should profit from a false player!!!

Wink Cool
alphabravo
Major

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 19:50    Post subject: Re: Multi punishment Reply with quote

BattleKing wrote:
alphabravo wrote:

For me a multi is a multi... The whole Empire of that multi player has go in my opinion!!! No one should profit from a false player!!!

Wink Cool
but sometimes the multi exists only for taking cheap planets from a player, and then if the multi gets instant deletion, the player loses more than if the multi was not deleted, as after a few weeks, it's easy to travel over to the problem area and take down the offending WP, or reclaim planets

however if you are on your way to take back your planets when then account is deleted, this is when you lose the most
BattleKing

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 12:09    Post subject: Re: Multi punishment Reply with quote

alphabravo wrote:
BattleKing wrote:
alphabravo wrote:

Wink Cool
but sometimes the multi exists only for taking cheap planets from a player, and then if the multi gets instant deletion, the player loses more than if the multi was not deleted, as after a few weeks, it's easy to travel over to the problem area and take down the offending WP, or reclaim planets

however if you are on your way to take back your planets when then account is deleted, this is when you lose the most

Well, yes...

This makes the picture look different... If it is proven what you say is right, I agree to take back what was yours!!!

But as I say, it has to be proven that it is a multi that RIP's!!!

Wink Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kosmor Forum Index -> Feedback / suggestions for improvement All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: