Kosmor Forum Index
 Search Imprint      SearchSearch     Log inLog in 
 Search Legal      MemberlistMemberlist     ProfileProfile   

distance traveled
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kosmor Forum Index -> Feedback / suggestions for improvement
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shadowmaster

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 23:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

[
I mean, seriously, what would really (technically) keep you from using your jump-drive on your WP if you voluntarily let yourself be integrated?
In the event that your WP was aggressively integrated, I can see the case that your new superordinate comes and rips the jump-coil (or whatever) out of your engineering section, removing your ability to warp. But in the case of a cooperative (even desired) integration, the ability & permission for your WP to posess a jump-drive should rest with your superordinate, not be hardwired into the game. Very Happy[/quote]

this would kind of cool, but if everyone in a house, say they were allowed, had a "JD" then, that would still give bigger houses a dissisive advantage over the smaller ones..there would have to be a limit on the number of players in a house allowed to keep there "JD" (limited number being 4 or 5).. take Order_Of _Templar for instance, their head Knights, they along with the house leader would have "JD". or in another another house, their admirals/ generals....something along these lines would be feasable. would make for better organization, and would put to much of a balance of power in any one house. a draw back may be for smaller houses, but with alliences and nats as they are today, it still shouldnt be much of a problem...
Alteron

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 23:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shadowmaster and Lordling,

Your comments interests me. More power to the superordinates! That makes the game more interesting and challenging, as the political (internal) affairs migt be as hard to manage as the military (external) affairs.

I'd suggest that the house leader gets one JD for every 10th member of the house. The house leader should also be free to distribute these - he/she don't nessesarily need one for him/her self: it could be put to better use elsewhere. Perhaps a check-box in the hierarchy could make this possible?
Shadowmaster

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 17:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alteron wrote:
Shadowmaster and Lordling,

Your comments interests me. More power to the superordinates! That makes the game more interesting and challenging, as the political (internal) affairs migt be as hard to manage as the military (external) affairs.

I'd suggest that the house leader gets one JD for every 10th member of the house. The house leader should also be free to distribute these - he/she don't nessesarily need one for him/her self: it could be put to better use elsewhere. Perhaps a check-box in the hierarchy could make this possible?

thank you....i like the idea of the check box, but there would have to be a time frame before you could selecvt it again if it were deselected, so that the house leader wouldnt be able to keep changing who has JD so that they would be able to use it as a strategic advantage....
alphabravo
Major

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 07:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

"what would (technically) prevent someone from keeping using their jump drive?"

they are simply on loan fro the high ccouncil, who research all that is researchable in their lab, far greater than anything construcible in the rest of the galaxy
they also require access codes to use, which change on each occasion of use
the high council only send out the codes every 5 days to those imperators who it allows to have one

if someone were to try and use a jumpdrive without a code, it would simply explode in their face, taking down the whole of their kingdom
Lordling

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 19:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very clever, but disturbing. That would imply that no imperator is truly independent, and we are all (even the greatest imperator) just little pawns of the High Council. Yuck...I don't like that one..... Laughing
alphabravo
Major

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 04:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lordling wrote:
Very clever, but disturbing. That would imply that no imperator is truly independent, and we are all (even the greatest imperator) just little pawns of the High Council. Yuck...I don't like that one..... Laughing
we are not their pawns... but they try to control the universe
and since they were the ones who researched the jumpdrive power... they try to control it's use
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kosmor Forum Index -> Feedback / suggestions for improvement All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: