Kosmor Forum Index
 Search Imprint      SearchSearch     Log inLog in 
 Search Legal      MemberlistMemberlist     ProfileProfile   

Private Trading

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kosmor Forum Index -> Feedback / suggestions for improvement
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Yes?
Yes
45%
 45%  [ 9 ]
Oui
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Ja
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
No
40%
 40%  [ 8 ]
Non
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Nein
15%
 15%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 20

Locutus

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 14:46    Post subject: Private Trading Reply with quote

(I originally suggested this in this thread: http://www.kosmor.com/forum_int/viewtopic.php?t=7709)

I think that the game should make it possible to have a private trading network between players, so that we can trade resources to each other without having to mess with the marketplace.

The trading network would be accessed through a menu, and records of each transaction would be stored in this menu also. House leaders can request to see the records of subs, but there will be a delayed transaction time (2-3 days). This would add new strategies to the game.

I added three options to answer. I think it's better now
Gshock

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 15:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO, the existing market desn't generate enough volume to support private markets. While I agree it would add more strategies and add new levels of sophistication to the game, with market volume being what it is, I expect private markets would only constrict supply more than it already is.
alphabravo
Major

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 18:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

i vote NO

it would
a) make the marketplace less open
b) encourage multiing
c) boost players pushing others
d) kill the main marketplace, which smaller players especially rely on
e) those in large houses can already trade with each other by selling planets -- with an appropriate time delay
Locutus

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 09:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Alpabravo
a. Yes, it would make the marketplace less open. However, consumers and producers can always find someone willing to pay/sell at a certain price via the market forum if they are unsatisfied with the current prices.
b. Well, the trade records could be easily scanned. The trades that have the most transfer of goods without any communication could be used as evidence for multiing.
c. I don't see how the private trading would make players push others. Please clarify your point.
d. A solution to this is making private trading pro-only. This would mean that the smaller players who rely on the market could still trade.

-Gshock
Well, the market volume in Kosmor is not much compared to the other games that I have heard of, but the other games also have a lot more members. Once .com reaches the size of .de, and maybe larger, we should have no problem with this.
Grey_Wind

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 03:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think the advantage being a house member is that you have the option of private - planet selling -trading with other members of your house

i think a new system would be too difficult to implement / police

we all know there are multi players out there who would take enourmous advantage of this

cheers
Steve
Agnar

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 05:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont thinkit is a good idea. I agree with the reasons listed by alphabravo.
Locutus

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 08:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, if you can scan the trade records, you can see which people continuously transfer large amounts of their stuff to one person, without any mail trail, or without any money paid. If a trade limit was put between interhouse trading, it would also discourage multi playing.

However, I do see that the market volume is a bit low:
Sellers: 20
Buyers: 21
Traded products: 22

Volume (units): 332482 Units
Volume (credits): 15104430 Credits (My income was greater than this last turn.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kosmor Forum Index -> Feedback / suggestions for improvement All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: