Kosmor Forum Index
 Search Imprint      SearchSearch     Log inLog in 
 Search Legal      MemberlistMemberlist     ProfileProfile   

Supply vs. Demand - Market Place??
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shadowmaster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 22:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, many times i have lost to bids that were lower than my own, usually says that my offer couldnt not be concidered or something...i shouldnt have deleted the message, the next one i will sve and post it. this happens to me all the time! i can rarly by things from the market place, even when i have the exact price...most of the time i get a partial execution, but mostly a regected offered returned be a lower price...i will bid again, and see what happens.
JackONeill

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 02:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shadowmaster, I think that the case is that your are OFFERING at a price where the others are above, the BUYING-price is another case.

example:
Just one imperator (A) offers 10 L1 for 1 credit each.
Imperator B wants to buy 10 of them with 100 credits each (offering 100 cr.)
Imperator C wants to buy 10 of them with 90 credits each.

So B gets them for 50 credits (BUYING price), but C doesn't see any L1, because the other has offered more money.
Shadowmaster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 22:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

i copied the message that i was sent back, i think that this may be what your saing happens-------(Purchase order failed (you demanded 20 Torpedo Tech 12(T12) at a price of 150000 credits per unit). The seller with the lowest price has offered for 100000 credits per unit.
Unfortunately, other buyers had a higher willingness to pay than yourself. And there was also excess demand over supply, so your order could not be considered.)-------this also happens to me when i offer the exact amount the components are sold for...has gotten very old! i can rarly buy things from the market place.
Agnar

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 02:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a distinct lack of supply over the amount of demand on level 12 components.

It will always be difficult to buy these things, especially at a good price. (Conversley, you can nearly always sell them if you want, and get a good price too!)
michimike

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 08:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shadowmaster wrote:
[...] i can rarly buy things from the market place.

Offer more money and you will get some.
Shadowmaster

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 18:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

michimike wrote:
Shadowmaster wrote:
[...] i can rarly buy things from the market place.

Offer more money and you will get some.

i do and did offer more money, didnt you read my last post? here ill post it again..

---- Purchase order failed (you demanded 20 Torpedo Tech 12(T12) at a price of 150000 credits per unit). The seller with the lowest price has offered for 100000 credits per unit.
Unfortunately, other buyers had a higher willingness to pay than yourself. And there was also excess demand over supply, so your order could not be considered -----

see, i did offer more money and whom ever offered less than i did got the components and not me who offered more money!!!!
Charon

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 05:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uh? What is so hard to understand at:

"Unfortunately, other buyers had a higher willingness to pay than yourself. And there was also excess demand over supply, so your order could not be considered"

You offered 150k, so what? Someone else maybe offered 200k. Consequently he got the T12. As there was more demand than supply, your offer couldn't be processed.

Ain't that hard...
Shadowmaster

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 23:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

UH, can you not read? i offered 150k and the guy who got them offered only 100k. !!!
Shadowmaster

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 23:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shadowmaster wrote:
UH, can you not read? i offered 150k and the guy who got them offered only 100k. !!!

how is someone offering a less amount considered having a higher willingness to pay than i? answer me this!
JackONeill

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 04:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
---- Purchase order failed (you demanded 20 Torpedo Tech 12(T12) at a price of 150000 credits per unit). The seller with the lowest price has offered for 100000 credits per unit.
Unfortunately, other buyers had a higher willingness to pay than yourself. And there was also excess demand over supply, so your order could not be considered -----

i think you mix up some things... the guy who got it offered more than you, the guy above is the seller, it means that he just wanted 100000 credits, but got more.
Shadowmaster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 23:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

what im saying is, since i offered more $ i should at least get some of the components, not the guy who offers to pay less get them all. its something that i think needs to be looked at.
michimike

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 06:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you don't want to understand what we try to explain you.
The Marketplace-system is good as it is.
Aurion
Member of the House

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 06:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was more demand then supply, so only the people with the highest bid got some things.

Lets say, 50 T12 were for sale for at least 100.000/each.

Lets say, someone offered 200.000 Credits/each for 25 T12, and someone else offered 175.000/each for another 30. So for 55 torpedos there was a higher offer then yours, and only 50 T12 were for sale. So why should you get them?

It was like this, perhaps not the same amount of torpedos and not the same amount of credits, but for all torpedos which were for sale, there was a higher offer.
e1567

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 17:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I moved this because it is turned into a Q&A.

Aurion your example was incomplete and not actually relevent to what shadowmaster is saying but none the less true.

With shadow master he is offering x value for his components alright. but someone else is offering x + 1(atleast). Now x +1 wins the bid..but based on the differance on what the buying price vs. the selling price the actually purchase price goes down. Which means that the offer of x + 1 is different from the bought price which might(and probably) be less than yours.

But this situation only arises of the person who offers a higher price than you also offers a higher or equal volume in that case you would get nothing and they would pay a lower price.

This is how the U.S stock market works, except the actually stock market is updated every few minutes not once every 24 hrs. Which I think is fair and apparently alot of other people do too.
Shadowmaster

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 20:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

i wouldnt be able to understand the stock market if they had a manual for someone in a coma. thats how much beond me that is. lol.
i do understand what you guys are explaining, i thank you for the help. its just bugging me that this happens almost 98% of the time to me. difficult to stock up things while you are building others.

thank you again guys.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kosmor Forum Index -> Questions and Answers All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: