Kosmor Forum Index
 Search Imprint      SearchSearch     Log inLog in 
 Search Legal      MemberlistMemberlist     ProfileProfile   

UI & Gameplay Enhancements
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kosmor Forum Index -> Feedback / suggestions for improvement
View previous topic :: View next topic  

UI & Gameplay Enhancements
Some of these are good (post reply)
20%
 20%  [ 4 ]
These are all good!
50%
 50%  [ 10 ]
I want to keep everything just like it is
10%
 10%  [ 2 ]
I fear that these will imbalance gameplay (post reply)
20%
 20%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 20

PaulAtreides

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 12:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

It still isn't fair. If you get into a war and are losing, you can abandon all your planets before they are conquered. Then the winner has 10 days to grab whatever is close and then everything else dissappears and you can colonize again far away from him.
alphabravo
Major

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 13:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

as for the planet abandoning, i think that is bad, it gives options for players to change the planets for strategical reasons...
HOWEVER, suppose a newbie takes 9 size 1 planets before he realizes what the advantages of a size 3 is? - sure, they can hope that they will meet supporting players, who can help the situation, but they might not

hmm... difficult dilemna, but still i say no

i suppose this highlights the question also of what is a fair period for account deletion, or even if idle accounts should be deleted at all/if people can delete their account

some possibilities:

instant deletion, no - used to happen, but was replaced with good reason

14 days (as is), maybe - but you can do more damage with an attack, then 2 week quit

a month, maybe better than 2 weeks, maybe not

2 months, basically giving time to take out all the planets except the homeplanet (and maybe integrate the player a couple of times for money)
- basically similar to when a player peacefully decides to quit and hand over all their planets to allies

just leave the WP floating there, or until it has only got the HP left
- basically: if delete button has been pressed, and total planets = 1... account is deleted

where the compromise between preventing suicide attacks, or giving advantages to multis is, i dont know

- a question: if i login and set a course to a planet which is 360ly away from me (a hostile planet or HP) and then i press the delete button, will i integrate the player 2 days before my account is gone? leaving no time to regain planets?
Lordling

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 21:04    Post subject: Abandonment Reply with quote

Very good points everyone....Thanks for your feedback!

Hmmm...It seems that the only real disadvantage that the aggressor would encounter (other than combat experience) is the loss of the house members & ownership of the potential target planet. This, since there is, as of now, no regulation preventing the owner, under peril of attack, from fleeing the planet, shipping away all resources, and destroying all infrastructure (scorched earth policy). This could be easily balanced by transferring ownership (along with the resident house members) of the planet, upon abandonment, to the imperator of the nearest WP (say, within 300LY), otherwise it reverts to neutral, with the abandoning owner salvaging half of the house members. I was also considering this point: Any ships on the planet, unable to escape to friendly territory would be automatically destroyed on abandonment, if it goes neutral, but I was wondering if it would be a good idea, if there is an aggressor present, for some/all of them to be captured? I think all these things would make it very painful to abuse the abandonment command.
Alteron

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 10:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

The suggestion of an "abandon planet"-option will give me a few sleepless nights here. Are you sure you know what you are asking? I personally would like for this feature NOT to be implemented.

The reason is that if a player conquers a large amount of planets, "abandons" them to keep them from its old owner or other enemies, there will be large stretches of uninhabited space - and a desperate lack of housemembers to re-colonise them.

This feature is to be compared with mass-murder, not a "scorched earth" strategy. You are free to disassemble a planets infrastructure in an instant. But you should not be able to be this destructive. I can only see negative effects of this - for the potential aggressor, for the defender, and for other imperators in the future of the game.

We are civilised imperators, here to build the galaxy - not to transform it into space rubble. I fear the potential of this implementation.
Lordling

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 13:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alteron wrote:

The reason is that if a player conquers a large amount of planets, "abandons" them to keep them from its old owner or other enemies, there will be large stretches of uninhabited space - and a desperate lack of housemembers to re-colonise them.

I see your point. What about some stability rules? A conquered planet must have been held for a sufficient period of time (suggestions?) before abandonment, else a rebellion & coups occurs, with all resident house members pledging loyalty to the previous owner (if still in the game), otherwise, a randomly determined imperator of the same house. Also, it might be logical to suggest that any improvements dismantled during this stabilising period, may create a cumulative percentage chance of fomenting rebellion as well.
Alteron

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 02:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not all against making the administration of the planets more important, such as adding moods, government types or something like that.

But in Kosmor, politics is a matter of the Imperators, not allocated to the planets, and I simply fear this implementation. Trying to balance it will simply be too complicated, and it will have radical effects on gameplay.

But your other suggestions; counting of ships on the WP, etc are good. I also welcome the opportunity to trade maps amongst the imperators.
Lordling

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 19:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your input, as always, is highly valued, Most Benignant Alteron. Smile
Alteron

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 21:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

As are your views, dear Lordling.
Thank you
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kosmor Forum Index -> Feedback / suggestions for improvement All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: