Search Imprint      SearchSearch     Log inLog in 
 Search Legal      MemberlistMemberlist     ProfileProfile   

Plasma
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BattleKing

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:33    Post subject: Boycott? Reply with quote

Yoo,

Have anybody seen the move or played the game Dune? Well this is also appart of Kosmor. Buisness is buisness and plasma is in the high middle of it all!!!

Boycott will not bring the price down... That is just a silly idea that will have no affect. If someone needs plasma badly because of high production then they will pay what ever price!!! The highest price in the de game is 87 credits per plasma and normally it's sold at 70 credits. So that you guys are jumping for the highest price of 60 credits and normally sold at 50 credits in here it's nothing!!!

I am as you all understand not for a boycott of plasma prices!!!

Wink Cool
alphabravo
Major

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 18:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

what is more important... selling the plasma to make money, or keeping the plasma so that your enemies are short stocked

for those houses who build ships at a fast rate... it's of a different importance to one which has a semi equilibrium

i am a nett buyer, but i think that a price rise is fair game
as mentioned... it's just economics theories in action
i also think that this forum thread, and an attempted boycott would be fair game => each must do what they need to do to ensure the best result for them (or their group)

i dont however think that a boycott will work Wink
there will be people willing to push up the prices, and then a lower market volume will raise it higher

if you really want the market prices to drop... through a couple of million plasma for sale at the lowest price that you think you can afford to let it go for
do this for a few days and it will be seen more as a norm price than as an exception

of course when it's lower, more start to buy => fewer sell => price rises => fewer buy, more sell => price falls

general life patterns would make me expect a constant rise / fall pattern

maybe i can simulate a "global" price pattern based on a random sample of people's production, production costs and people's needs

i expect that you would see it levelling, then rising, then levelling, then plumetting, then levelling etc
of course when the price is 100+ then even a plasma mine of production 2 is making profit, production 1 breaking even
so people will take down optium mines for example to replace with plasma => increases the plasma volume => reduces buyers and increases sellers => price drops back down

that's the way it's going to work
the only thing we can control is how high people will push it before it drops, as those who need to buy/sell will buy for more than the norm or sell for less than the norm

/alpha - just how i think the kosmor economic world works ^^
Lordling

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 19:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is all quite true, but................Boycotts can & do work. It just takes a little discipline from the disaffected group. It won't do the gougers much good to sit and drown in their plasma stock. Yes, they can build ships and/or other components out the wazoo, but if they are relying on these high market prices to support their fleets/factories, then it will start to hurt, and it won't take long. Let's see how it goes when someone starts having to dismantle their fleet. Wink
UNSCRAPIER

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 23:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah it takes way too much plasma to make stuff. I have a level 40 plasma mine and when ever I go to build stuff it always is the first mine to run out.

I'm for the boycott, however I only buy plasma once every few weeks. (I get a boat load tho)
if it works, great. If it dosen't, then give it time.
I remember back when you needed to remortgage your HP just to buy a H4.
Shadowmaster

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 00:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

UNSCRAPIER wrote:

I remember back when you needed to remortgage your HP just to buy a
H4.

i remeber the same thing. lol i do agree that the market is fair game, but even governments put caps on things. look at what they did to bill gates. they down sized him cause he was cornering the market.
Locutus

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 16:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

A totally free market cannot exist because it will end itself through rampant inflation and depressions (like the Great Depression).

However, I do not forsee this happening in Kosmor because after all, Kosmor is a game, and it is not a perfect model of a market economy. I personally believe that a boycott, or a conscious player-based effort to reduce the cost of an item will work.

For example:
http://tip.it/runescape/?times=28

If you scroll down to the graph of the party hats, and look at point #6, you can tell that organized price fixing (assisted with other factors) that is well supported by the parties affected can have an effect on the total market cost of an item.

I am not discouraging those who still want to buy plasma at 60+ per unit, but we must realize that in order to have such an effect, we must encourage more player participation.

Thoughts?
e1567

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 09:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

So when did this boycott begin? The price of plasma has gone up. I wonder if the promise of less competition meant some people just put more order in? It should fall eventually but in the german version it normally is around 50 or so for plasma. I think we were just spoiled in haveing low prices I would not be that surprised if we do not see plasma being sold for around 30 for a while......
paveyj

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, i bought some for 25 yesterday, and 28 the day before. Whether that is because of the boycott or not i dont know.
Locutus

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 19:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember when I joined, and the max was 42. I thought THAT was high.

Hahaha 42...

Reminds me of the situation with gas prices...
Aurion
Member of the House

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 08:00    Post subject: Re: Boycott? Reply with quote

Despite what currently is displaced at the german market, the highest price ever plasma was bought for was over 100 credits. So we are far away from over-priced.
APOcalypse

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

The price of plasma at the german version is normally around 70 - 80 credits per unit the last months. As Aurion said we are far away from high prices.
It is said some posts before. The prices are made by those, who are buying plasma. They fix the prices they are willing to pay.

Think about it Wink
Locutus

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 16:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, if there was a lower demand for plasma, and a higher amount of gas planets, then we wouldn't have this problem. There are plenty of those in the southern arm, if anyone is bothering to go down there.
Alteron

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 09:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

I disagree that high plasma-prices is a problem. It's more of an added dimention to the game mechanics. Wink

The game would be of an entirely different character of plasma was either easier available, or needed in less quanta. We would fight more, freshmen would suffer more (more attacks, worsen economies), and the marked would be less used.

As plasma is a scarce, and sought-for, resource, 60 is only a decent price!

Personally I love these little challenges of the game. Quite frankly; they make the game more worth-while.
paveyj

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 07:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, i think its fair to say the boycott has failed. I accidently added to the inflation today by selling 30,000 units of plasma for 107 credits each. I was actually merely trying to hide my assets during integration by selling stuff for high amounts. So a big sorrys and an even bigger thank you to the person who bought it!
Claudio

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 08:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wished the Plasma prices will increase even more....

I like to sell my Plasma for 1000 Cr each Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kosmor Forum Index -> Kosmor Trade All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: