Kosmor Forum Index
 Search Imprint      SearchSearch     Log inLog in 
 Search Legal      MemberlistMemberlist     ProfileProfile   

Diplomacy & Relations

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kosmor Forum Index -> Feedback / suggestions for improvement
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lordling

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 11:56    Post subject: Diplomacy & Relations Reply with quote

I read through the posts but didn't see any suggestions for this, but if there were , my apologies.

My suggestion is:

Possibly using the existing Houseranking page, make each house name a hot link to a page with profile information on that house; a public 'homepage' for the house, if you will. Only the house leader would have the ability to post information to this page. Information, for example, might be posted on the origins, history, and philosophy of the house. More importantly, political status' could be posted here, as to formal states of war, NATs, alliances, etc. Optionally, (standard RTS games have had this feature for years) provide a table view of political entities, with their official political standings, in regard to the other houses.
Obviously, it only need mention those houses with which an "other than neutral" public relationship exists. I realise that this is more demanding than in a standard RTS, due to the number of Houses. A more realistic approach might be a button on the Houses' public homepage, for "View Treaties", and "At war with".

In use, for example, by a House leader: The leader for House "A", would click on the link for House "B". A page would load, displaying the publicly disclosed information for that house, by that house leader. House leader for "A", would have the option on this page of selecting a political position for his house in relation to House "B", i.e, "Ally" , "NAT" , "Neutral" (default) , "War". Selecting any of these would result in the generation of an IGM to House leader "B", to inform him of the status change, as well as a window to propose the terms, or state the cause for the change in relations. Both of the House leaders would have the choice of making the information public (and to what level: House members only, or all of Kosmor) on their respective House homepage. Optionally, if desired, this could also be fed to the RPG forum, or appropriate House forum. Of course, this does not, in any way, prevent one house from just arbitrarily attacking another, but at a more complex level, during gameplay a warning might be issued if you are about to attack a house with whom you have friendly relations.

In use, by a House member: Much the same, except can't make political stance choices (only "View Treaties", and "At war with")

This is just a quick stab at the issue, and I'd like to hear comments and suggestions from any & all interested parties. Thanks!
e1567

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 19:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this idea alot mainly the part of a link to a "homepage" for houses. If mael does not comment on this I will forward this topic to him so he knows about it, if it is new to him of course.
Nikoy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 06:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

O yes - I like it too!
It's kind of standard for other games... Wink
Pokel

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 16:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kosmor is not made for gameforced alliances and peace treaties. You can proclaim an alliance in the forum, but you dont have to. You can "sign" a peace treaty and attack the next round without any warning. If you would do it just for the information of a treaty and integrate an option were you can define it as secret, you can not trust it, cause half of the informations wont be shown (secret). So, its easier to write it down in the forum.

Kosmor is a playground for secret alliances and conspiracys, betrayals and ambushes.
PaulAtreides

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 17:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is true, what Pokel said.
Shadowmaster

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 22:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree, but not for all players, only some.
Keithyg

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 05:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would be cool if it showed the members of the house with quick links for messaging aswell Smile.. thought it was abit odd when i started playing and you can't click on the houses :S
e1567

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 14:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pokel wrote:
Kosmor is not made for gameforced alliances and peace treaties. You can proclaim an alliance in the forum, but you dont have to. You can "sign" a peace treaty and attack the next round without any warning. If you would do it just for the information of a treaty and integrate an option were you can define it as secret, you can not trust it, cause half of the informations wont be shown (secret). So, its easier to write it down in the forum.

Kosmor is a playground for secret alliances and conspiracys, betrayals and ambushes.

What you said is true pokel but that is not what lordling was trying to say at all. He was just saying that each house should have a page where they can proclaim there formal alliances among other things. This of course would not be binding. A house could break them at anytime or rogues could still popup or what ever.

I mean formal alliances are in the rpg forums but have you seen those lately. To me it looks like alot of people are posting one line out of game posts that are sort of a waste of time so why should people have to dig around these posts to find answers to allinaces or stipulations if they can just click on a link to a house Charter. Since mael hasn't commented on this I think I am going to give him the link just in case. Because I really like this idea.
Shadowmaster

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 22:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think that it would be a good idea as well! it would also make it easier for new players to see what houses are friendly or not. would also make it easier on house leaders, thier subs wouldnt be asking if said house has a NAT or treaty with other said houses. anyone could just go to the link and see for themselves which houses are friendly and which are not.

anyone else still like the ship carrier idea other than me? lol
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kosmor Forum Index -> Feedback / suggestions for improvement All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: