Kosmor Forum Index
 Search Imprint      SearchSearch     Log inLog in 
 Search Legal      MemberlistMemberlist     ProfileProfile   

Peace
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Liam

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 14:34    Post subject: Peace Reply with quote

Me and the honourable Lord Agnar declare Peace between the houses Agnari and Zamonien.

Zamonien will accept all conditions, especially not to do anything, which will damage Agnari.
Liam

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 06:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

With this post, I accept that I lost the war. Here the points out of the contract:

I will not attack anyone in Agnari, nor anyone that has Agnari in their name (except fake people, like the pirates that once stole our name).

I do not aid Agnari's enemies, and do not join their houses.

I declare, that I started the war and that it was not Agnari's war.
ZayN

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 14:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

I, lord blanka, have to congratulate lord Agnar for what he did.

It was not his war and he just had to defence his honor.
Let us celebrate him and let us hope, that the house Agnari will exsist further on.
michimike

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 15:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a bit exaggerated, isn't it?
You'd almost think this was planned

On the one hand he rips off innocent members and here he he exceptionally does not rip an enemy by integrating him only once (of course only after having destroyed all his ships)... so what's so honourful? Is it honourful "not to rip"? I would call this normal, but for Agnar it may be something very special.
Gozer

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 15:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

This did start as result of a plan, but it was a plan to destroy Agnari. Fortunately, it hasn't gone well for some who participated in that plan. With luck, that misfortune will spread to the other participants in the plan.
Manann

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 15:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Sir, We got a public message about our neighbour"
"Which neighbour?", I asked.
"A message from emperor michimike about our neighbour Agnari", answered my foreign minister
"Ah,about my friend Agnar. Let me show the message..." (Reading the message)
".... I know Michimike from many contacts in the past", i said a little bit sad." And he is a good emperor. But about Agnar... in this point... no... he isn't right."
"What do you mean, Sir", asked my minister.
"I know Agnar very long. He is not perfect. Nobody is perfect. But Agnar and we fought many fights against many tyrants and against many dictatorships...And I know one thing: He was always honorable and fair."
"But this big fight yesterday night..Sir...ALL ships destroyed...ALL men are dead,Sir!"
"Thats Business. Surst is a professional. He was one of my best Commanders. We both survived many houses which were evil and...history. He knows, that ships will be destroyed in fights and men will die in fights. This is a part of war and he had known this as he gone to war against Agnari...But I am happy, that HE is alive and can rebuild Zamonien..and that this war hasn't found a bad end for him. Agnar had only defend himself. It is his good right to protect the innocent and to protect his empire. Every emporer will protect his empire as best as possible."
"But Sir..."
"No, no, this is my opinion! No discussion any more. It is late and we must go Pirate hunting tomorrow...Good night and may be we will go on discussing tomorrow...may be.."
"OK Sir, good night!"
michimike

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 16:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gozer, I think an attack is always aimed at destroying a house. And when the agressor is shot down once, he is member of the house he fought before and so no enemy anymore. Ripping them is a really bad method to stop someones plans.

Dear Mannan, I really respect you and your house and I don't doubt wether you respect Agnar. But I had contact with one of his victims, who was called BattleKing, and now I think different and more distant... once I thought he was an imperator of honour as well, but now I think he is only good in pretending to be good.
Gozer

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 17:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is wrong to continue attacking a vanquished foe, unless that foe makes it clear he has no interest in peace and will resume hostilities as soon as he is able and other threats require immediate action. Is one obligated to turn their back on a foe who is down, but waiting for an opportunity to strike? After Abdul's initial defeat, Agnar tried to make peace. What did Abdul and his allies do during this time? The attacks on Agnari that followed seem to answer that question.

Remember that my attack on Abdul followed attacks on me, paveyj, and One-of-Many, in addition to ongoing attacks on other members of the House. Had Agnari not been under attack on several fronts, the immediate elimination of Adbul as a threat would not have been required. Had Abdul accepted peace, it would not have been required.

Surst took the honorable path, admitted defeat and, accepted peace. If one is concerned about the destruction of his fleet, maybe Surst should be asked what orders were given to his fleet.
ZayN

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 17:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is all a question of the view.
A war will never be friendly. fleets will be destroyed, men will be killed and the moral is going down, but if someone can't accept their fate, if they can't see, that he has been destroyed and tries to fight again and again against his conqueror, he will be destroyed again. If he can't see, that it is over, it is just his own fault.
Agnari did very well. They still defending theirselves.
Shadowmaster

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 20:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, and as being one whom had been defeated again and again, i along with my subs, are still with Agnari! We will rebuild and defend Agnari with our lives.
michimike

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 02:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did never reproach your ripping of Abdul, although he was already member of Agnari and accepted it as far as I know, but I wonder why you are so proud one time, when you beat an enemy, who won't fight you anymore with no fleet? If it is something so special that you integrate someone only once, then it must be usual for you to integrate normally more often...

But for Surst, of course, I congratulate. I wish it would be made everytime like this and not ripping off someone immediately after integrating him the first time, also if his fleet is not destroyed.
Gozer

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 09:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where did I indicate pride in this? I simply stated what happened and why. If you're looking for pride, look at Abdul(roundhousekick) and yourself with your "war for fairness".

If he won't fight us, why won't he accept peace? If he has no fleet, how does he keep attacking?

It is obvious that you do not like Agnari, but I believe you've only listened to one side of the story.
paveyj

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 12:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michimike

I would love to hear what Battleking (BK) has told you about Agnar and Agnari. Did he tell you about the foul, abusive messeges he sent to a fellow Agnari member? Did he tell you about his constant tantrums and bizare moodswings? I assume not, and i dont expect you to believe any of this as it is obvious you prefer listening only to information that slanderizes my House, and im getting sick of it. Your basing your entire opinion of a house of over 20 members on the testimony of a player who has, as you could look up in the galatic forum, a most intriguing imagination.

You can ask any (permeanant) member of Agnari and they will tell you that we all work together for the good of the House, and, despite your attempts to demonise us, we will remain a close-knit team.

Im sure your a reasonable person deep down, Michimike, so why not just apologize for your false accusations, yeah?

Good lad
Paveyj
michimike

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 12:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

paveyj,

I mentioned that I had a good opinion of Agnar to be an honourful imperator until I made bad experience and than I heared about this story. There was no bad prejudice before. And I know Agnar is someone I could talk with.
But BattleKings story, he can tell it to you himself if you want, was very believable - why should he tell me lies? And it supported my new opinion.

Why did you slap him out only because he was not on same opinion with Agnar and because he did not everything Agnar wanted him to do? Everybody has an own opinion and it should be accepted - especially in a great house with many members this is important.
Sometimes you are even better if you accept "bad" feedback and if you implement it then in your house.

Gozer,

you misunderstood me. Of course Surst can't fight you without any ship. And he is member of your house now, one cause more not to be able to attack you. So why do you make such a hassle out of it? Offer him independence and everything is fine. You don't have to show it up as very good like this, because it's just normal - maybe only for someone like Abdul it is not... but do you think you want to be like him? Is he your role model? On the other hand you say how bad he is...
Keule

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 12:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

After having followed the debate carefully, Major Keule felt like nodding to the voices of those who painted a positive picture of Agnar and Agnari. Keule's own experience so far with that particular house's respectful and honorable approach appeared confirmed more than everything else.

Major Keule decided to continue following the further developments in this war with interest.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kosmor Forum Index -> Kosmor RPG All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: