Kosmor Forum Index
 Search Imprint      SearchSearch     Log inLog in 
 Search Legal      MemberlistMemberlist     ProfileProfile   

Why did you join
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LinkyLuke

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 02:53    Post subject: Why did you join Reply with quote

I have started this post to see why you all decided to join Kosmor. It is a brilliant game in my opinion, and I really wanted to join. What about you.
LinkyLuke

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 02:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

I joined because I wanted a game to play on the computer to play. I searched them all, and found that this one was best. Huge grin

Go Kosmor Laola

LinkyLuke Wink
michimike

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 04:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Years ago I started to play the German Kosmor because of a friend, who played it already, but he left the game after some time. I did not because it was so captivating and so much fun. I tried other online-games, but they were all not so much fun compared with Kosmor and not so well balanced. Your only real target was the ranking or you had to play the game in predetermined time to be better, but Kosmor you could do each day when you felt like it.
And as the English version started, I started to play there, too.
Aurion
Member of the House

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 06:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

My story is like michmikes. Heard of Kosmor from some friends, startet to play, they left, but i still played it. Then the English version started.. and now i play almost only the English, 'cause of the bad luck in the German Version Confused

But i don't think that Kosmor is that well balanced, it is just a bit better then most games, and it's not so fast, so you do not notice that much.
UNSCRAPIER

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 06:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Came across it when I clicked on an ad for one of those Get paid to clikc ads sites. (quickerclickers.com or something) I'm sure the site is gone now however.

I made an account then it got deleted due to inactivity then I made this account a few months later when deleting bookmarks.

Been playing ever since.
Carboneater

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 09:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like UNSCRAPIER,
I've found kosmor by an ad on another online game.
I've registered and left the other sites, one because the game is really different:
1.in other games you pay once to build the ship, after he's always yours, you can't dissamble any ship and you don't pay an upkeep... so the ones with the more planets (and cash) have a real giant fleet in a real short time. the ones with a lower number of planets (and cash) can build a similar one, but in a longer time only (I found it was stupid compared to Kosmor)
2. the kind of "Brotherhood" I found in Kosmor: when I began, Locutus and Ratman helped me to become a better player. I didn't even knew them before playing.
3. The concept of houses: I can't compare it to the concept of alliances the do in other games: the alliances are only for the war; houses grows with all their members.
4. The RPG concept, absent almost in every other games

So, when I played this game first, I loved it, it's so different... the others are all almost the same...
Locutus

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 10:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

I joined because I saw an ad on a RuneScape fan site. Now I hardly ever play RuneScape, but I'm still playing Kosmor.

I like it because you don't have to spend hours and hours doing the same repetitive task to level up. Kosmor is much more fun.
Shadowmaster

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 10:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

i found kosmor on a web page banner, was curious so i click'd on it. i beleive my account was deleted twice due to inactivity. kept using the same name. finaly when i stayed with the game everyday i was in templar under briac, he helped me out. took me a little while to learn the game, i kept wanting to be indi so i kept getting out of templar and kept getting reintegrated. finaly i stayed in for a while. made some friends, made some enemies. i tried some other games, but like others said kosmor is a more rounded game, and more fun. it easy once you get the hang of it, i like that fact that i can get on when i want, and if i cant get on i can have someone sit my account. dont think any other games really do that. i intend to play this game as long as i can, never know where the game will be in a couple of years.
we need to get the word out on kosmor though, so we can get more people playing! i think that the game will be more interesting with alot more poeple. i know alot more play .de, i tried but can read german so its hard, and i only play .com...i also like that meali uses the suggestions that people have for the game. (still want a ship carrier) lol aslo, want to say to link, good thread....
Paul_Atreides

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 12:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

same for me as aurion or michi. Friends played it but they dont or hardly dont play it now.
lachieboy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 04:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started playing because my brother asked me to. He said that I would enjoy the game. After my first few accounts got deleated I got this one, and here I am.
Pokel

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 08:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started with some other Omline games. Everywhere the same: start up, grow strong, need much time, do any day the same boring things.

I started Kosmor as I heard from some others to try smaller games. It was boring at the beginning and I just logged in any 3 or 4 days. Suddenly I was surrounded by more experienced players. I joined them and after some time I learned about the complex structures of politics and diplomacy in this game, about tactics for greater wars etc. I ordered pro and started this international version. Now I rarely miss a turn and tried but never found an similar alternative game.
Manann

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 13:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

A coworker show me a few years ago a browsergame (never heard before) and i tried and played many different kinds of game (not only sci-fi).
But the most games have disadvantages like:
-after a time, you reached everything or
-it needs too much of real time or
-you are offline only two days and have lost everything you made over the last month or
-you have reached a level, which becomes really interesting and the game is resetted Sad or
you play the game 2 weeks, 1 month or longer but than you are 1 day out of the newbee-protection and you will be destroyed without a chance...

This are the disadvantages of the other games (no names of course!) and these are also the advantages of kosmor:
-regardless of the hour - you have 24h hours time to make your move.
-there is no game-reset - the world will be more or less resetted due some big wars which come up every 8,10 or 12 months.
-if you have reached everything you wanted - there will be always something left you can do and find fun and it will be a endless work to hold up your house or support your house.
-If you are not ripped- you will not loose everything (only a part).
-You can choose the way you play this game for yourself:
-to play as a supporter for the house
-slowly grow to become stronger and become your own house
-hold up your house as friendly player
-expand your house as evil player (which is also legitim)
-do not want to become big and only act as a pirate (hello BS Wink )
and so every day can be different...

These are my reasons to play kosmor and because it always remembers me a little bit to the good old vga-planets (if someone knows this BBS-Game *smile*)

Best regards

Manann
BattleKing

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 15:11    Post subject: Re: Why did you join? Reply with quote

I was playing in the AstroWars - still is as PrinceZato.

Then one day I came across the Kosmor banner and I got hocked on this game from the first moment. Just like playing the real Star Wars story (almost...^^).

I started as PrinceSaturn, but had to go to Dublin for work and had 0 time for the game. I try to start up the Sacred Round Table story with real holy knights, but there was to many negative players at that time. Account got deleted because of inactivity. Then when I came back to Norway I never forgot this great game and returned as BattleKing. I started up under AX who has now left and we got forced into Agnari. Because of communication problems between me and Agnar I chose to leave the Agnari and headed down into the southern arm. Down here I am all alone with thousands of empty planets awaiting my friends to join me.

When the new house has become a fact I will then awake the Holy Knigts from their graves and make the Sacred Round Table become alive again...^^

Good luck to everyone++

Wink Cool
Alteron

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 23:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

For my part, I started playing AstroWars. That was an interesting game, but with one tick an hour, it is impossible to combine it with work.

From an ad there I got to learn about Kosmor. I decided to join, and have been here ever since.
Black-Skull

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 00:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did enter the german Kosmor on Summer 2003. Before it i did only play 'play-by-email-games' how any "atlantis"-clons, the german Pbeg "Universum 5" and "War". All this games needed much time and was only playable through the editing of a Play course. Okay i do afraid - that i need for kosmor today not less time, but it is a bit comfortable to play Very Happy

Well - Kosmor.com i did start as one of the councillors. To lead a empire cost much time, did bring not so much fun - but of course - "Many old cont(r)acts" and so i did cancel later this first mightful gameposition.

As Privateer i did restart here, in the hope that i need a bit less time for that, have the chance to try new fight-tacticals and have more fun. Very Happy

Blacky (BS)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kosmor Forum Index -> Kosmor Talk All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: