Kosmor Forum Index
 Search Imprint      SearchSearch     Log inLog in 
 Search Legal      MemberlistMemberlist     ProfileProfile   

shadowmaster
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shadowmaster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:18    Post subject: shadowmaster Reply with quote

shadowmaster callled me and told me that he hasnt been able to login all day! has no idea why. he was on last night, and today he cant login to his account. he said that he doensnt beleive that anyone has his password, so he doesnt thingk that anyone has changed it..?...can a mod help?
Gil-galad

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 13:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://kosmor.com/forum_int/viewtopic.php?t=8514
Shadowmaster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 14:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

it has been made known to many people that more than one person use this computer for Kosmor....
shadowmaster---chris wilson
bloodlust----james wilson-(shadows brother)
viviana garcia----(shadows girl friend)
Atorios----Matt beers (friend/roomate)
Prior----lisa seamans (shadow and bloods sister)

it was talked about a while ago about more than one player using the same computer. we dont multi! everyone wants more players on .com so shadow got us all to play. we rarely even access each others account, especialy now since we have the option for account sitting, if we have to we will use that. we are all roommates, except prior, she lives next door and uses shadows computer alot along with the rest of us. viviana has a computer, but ist a pile of junk!!! so we use this computer. prior has just recently opened an account, but the rest of us have played for a while now and enjoy playing and would like to continue playing!!!i know shadow has 2 years of prouser invested, and close to 3 years i beleive invested of time. if anything leave shadowmasters account, he is the only one that has invested money, although we all would like to keep playing.thank you for the time...nice birthday present for shadowmaster.=)
Black-Skull

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 00:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

...and who did use the other ... 47... accounts ? Laughing
RobinHood

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 05:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

roomate, brother, girlfriend and little sister and all using one pc? ^^
rofl
maybe i should ask my two little sisters, my parents and my wife to play kosmor too ^^
come on....thats bs
Agnar

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 06:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Until today, I was trying to get two of my housemates to play Kosmor. I think i will not ask them anymore.

If my housemates joined, then I assume that their IP would be the same as mine. We all have our own computers. Some, like me, own more than one. We actually have 7 machines in the house (more when boyfriends and girlfirends stay and bring their laptops). However, we use one broadband supplier for the whole house, and are behind a router, operating a LAN within the house.

While we have local IPs (192.168.x.x) inside the house (on our LAN), I assume that any external IP that is given is the IP of the router, and so all the machines in my house would have the same IP when operating on the web.

Given the recent events, this situation is a problem if they wish to join and play... As i say, i will no longer be encouraging them to play.

If those players that Lebia listed are truely mutlis, then they deserve to have been deleted. If they are truely different people, then i feel sorry that we have excluded some players from enjoying this great game.
Aurion
Member of the House

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 06:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

How can you explain that you will not get deleted, if you are all using the same pc, and nobody access each others account?

Either Lebia forgot you, or she has identified you as the only not-multi account.
Shadowmaster

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 07:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

we do have one other computer in the house, but its such a pile of junk we dont use it very often. and like agnar said, even if we all had our own computer, we would still have the same ip adress.

@robin, i couldn't care less what you think.

@ b-s- dont know what your talking about 47 accounts. like any of us here would take the time for that. dont think so.

if we cant all play from the same computer, than thats fine. its bs, but hey sh%t happens. our sister doesnt doesnt want to play her account now anyway (prior) but me, atorios, viviana and especialy shadowmaster have put alot of time and effort into this game and i think that the moderators should take more consideration in this matter, and if our accounts will still be deleated then so be it, but i wont play anymore either, and wont mention the game to anyone else, but suggest not to play.
thanks for your time
Black-Skull

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

@bloodlust :

Quote:
nord, ari, bolle, nessel, neues, oma, ulla, tressor, domestos, zitrone, cassi, saskia, kugel, unfall, renault, remus, stihl, benjamin, sammi, hdl, jordan, king, atorios, shadowmaster, prior,viviana, troy, walter, krustyklown, golden1, helm, aaragorn, cylon, elven, vorlon, jaspar, brian, overlord, prion, zungenschlag, lux, paulatreides, pegasus, zuchy, ender, garet, deadly, saad, ode, dominion, nazgul, alexi.

Bloodlust - i don't know the truth.

Do you write that shadowmaster, viviana garcia, Atorios, Prior are single players, with her own name and soul. But is that the truth ?

A Group of players, which use the some IP, should doing know that a IP-Sharing need MUCH trust in her honesty. If they do cooperate with each other, have the some friends and the some enemys, then are that very suspect. So play a multiaccount too.

A second characteristic of a multiaccountuser is the factor "Time" Multiaccountuser have not the time to write for all his accounts in the forum. Look the postingmatches :

Shadowmaster : 359 posts. That are OK.

But :

Atorius 2 Posts, Viviana 2 Posts, Prior : 0 Posts, and you, bloodlust 3 posts in older threats. Long posts ? No. Viviana did write 2 x 2 lines, Atorios 1 x 2 and 1 x 1 lines, and you in older threats 1 x 1, 1x2 and 1x5 lines.

For a english motherspeaker are that nothing !!!! Why don't write this guys and girls so much post how shadowmaster ???? They are also more as 18 Kosmor-month old !

Don't they have a soul ? Don't they have no targets ? Where is they diplomatic RPG and where write they her own opinion ?

Self a guy how i, which need 2-3 hours to translate and write a post in english, have written 32 posts - long post, not so small short-posts !

Okay this argument alone are not a proof for a multiaccount, but the IP-Sharing are a proof. It are the duty of Atorios,Shadowmaster,Viviana and Prior to proof her own identify throught a own unique way of gaming. It are perhaps okay if such charakters are banding, but it should be exist a reason for this banding. If a user of a IP-Sharing don't declare her cooperation throught RPG or other gamehistory datings then he pass in my opinion the chance to proof her own identify.

If i read now this four names in a gigantic list of 52 names -- then i don't trust more this player(s), because i missed a typical way of gaming of a single player. I see only too good cooperation without betrayals and periods of wars against a older ip-sharing banding guy, the some friends, the some enemys, see only enaugh post from Shadowmaster, but no post from Atorios, viviana and Prior.

I think - its a right decision - they are multiaccountuser, and that are not allow (and very unfair) Her Souls should burn in the hell...

Signed
Black-Skull
JackONeill

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 11:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agnar wrote:
We all have our own computers. Some, like me, own more than one. We actually have 7 machines in the house (more when boyfriends and girlfirends stay and bring their laptops). However, we use one broadband supplier for the whole house, and are behind a router, operating a LAN within the house.

While we have local IPs (192.168.x.x) inside the house (on our LAN), I assume that any external IP that is given is the IP of the router, and so all the machines in my house would have the same IP when operating on the web.

I brought a co-worker to this great game, and of course we have the same IP, and we are also working together ingame. But as here exists no "IP-Sharing"-Forum, I thought this would be ok.

I can easily arrange not to log into kosmor at work anymore, but the whole problem exists and must be solved by Maelstroem or GM_Lebia.
I would suggest an "IP-Sharing"-Forum like in kosmor.de ...
Gil-galad

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Normally there should be a way to seperate several pcs behind one IP.

A few, big providers give the same IP two or more people at the same time. Same IP is a hint for a multi, but no proof and I think the GM knows that. If an account is deleted, there must be some other hints, that he is a multi, not only the same IP.
JackONeill

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, if this is the case, I should not worry.
Keule

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 13:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

My understanding from a browser game with some 800k people allover the world is that there indeed are options available to identify different computers behind the same IP.
But then the GMs over there are not talking about cheating issues or discuss their decisions in order to prevent giving hints about their possibilities and options - and I'm not really an expert on this issue, so I might be wrong as well... Smile

What I DO understand with certainty is that games that have been taken over by cheaters will sooner or later go down the drain because a two-class society will play two different sorts of games within the game: one class according to the rules, and another by breaking these rules wherever possible.

From this point of view, I would rather accept one innocent account being closed down than two cheaters continuing playing this game.
Kosmor is too good to see it taken over and thus killed by cheaters, and the game officials should clearly refrain from justifying or explaining why they did close down certain accounts.
Gozer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 14:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

RobinHood wrote:
roomate, brother, girlfriend and little sister and all using one pc? ^^
rofl
maybe i should ask my two little sisters, my parents and my wife to play kosmor too ^^
come on....thats bs

Kinda like Liam's recent, complete change of behavior?
All of those ships Liam has built named "robin".
Liam attacking the enemies of RobinHood.
RobinHood appearing to speak for Liam, even after the temp replacement.
Is that the kind of bs of which you speak?
rofl, indeed.
RobinHood

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 18:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

so whats wrong with the names of the ships i built for him during my TEMPORARY REPLACEMENT??
i give you the answer: nothing! Wink
and the only thing i tried to make clear is: thats bs if 5 guys (or more) use the same pc/ip or whatever to log in and then tell the whole world it would be his sister, brother, girlfriend or whatever......
so or so if its true or not (btw. there have been some other reasons that made clear it was cheating Wink) it would be their fault! all players should know that ma isnt allowed and how stupid can you be?

and as i said if that would be allowed i would ask my two sisters my parents and my wife to play kosmor too ^^
we had the same discussion in .de and if i remember it right you can have ip-sharing if you write it in a thread but i cant remember that there have ever been 5 or more guys that used the same ip ^^

@gozer-you better be careful to call me a cheater! Wink
send a igm to lebia! she can check my account! Wink
in this list i can only find detected cheaters that are members of agnari and not troja or? ^^
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kosmor Forum Index -> Questions and Answers All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: