Kosmor Forum Index
 Search Imprint      SearchSearch     Log inLog in 
 Search Legal      MemberlistMemberlist     ProfileProfile   

Issue Class Order

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kosmor Forum Index -> Feedback / suggestions for improvement
View previous topic :: View next topic  
UNSCRAPIER

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 22:42    Post subject: Issue Class Order Reply with quote

Well since we seemingly can't create Battlegroups, or squadrons, it's increacingly hard to mold my fleet for each mission.

I have a lot of H10s, and a lot of support ships for those H10s.
How the support ships are simply cannon fodder. When do I really wanna use them? When someone actually attacks me.

Furthermore, whenever I have to disable an enemy's ship to capture a planet, I have to move my fodder off my WP or risk losing them. I'd rather lose them in defence of myself, than lose them to greed.

Sometimes this can be done by using the "Issue Fleet Order" command. This helped in getting all ships that could travel a specific distance off my WP. (Basically this left the H11 behind.)

But what if I wanna leave all my H11, AND H10 behind? I have to go through, Issue a fleetwide order to get everything off, then tediously go through every H10 and tell it to get back on my WP.

This could be allieviated by an Issue Class Order command (Class meaning Hull Level. I don't really know a better word for saying Hull Level that also sounds cool.) While you would have to go through every hull level and issue them an order, it still would be better than going through hundreds of ships and doing it one by one.

What does everyone think?
One-of-Many

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 00:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Usually, if you have enough H10s and H11s, the enemy will be destroyed without loss of your fodder ships. If large numbers of your fodder ships were killed, chances are moving the fodder away would have resulted in far greater losses to your expensive capital ships.

The suggestion is still a good idea though.

Also, it would be very useful if attack strategies can be set similarly to fleet commands. Let us say you have 300 H1s and want to change from 'attack weakest' to 'attack strongest'. Surely you do not wish to click every single one of them. Those players with >300 small ships would greatly appreciate this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kosmor Forum Index -> Feedback / suggestions for improvement All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: