Kosmor Forum Index
 Search Imprint      SearchSearch     Log inLog in 
 Search Legal      MemberlistMemberlist     ProfileProfile   

New Gamplay Logic Improvements!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Locutus

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 12:11    Post subject: New Gamplay Logic Improvements! Reply with quote

Maelstroem wrote:
Dear Imperators,

the following improvements are to be activated shortly (the activation timeframe is printed in italics):

.....(implemented material).....

3. Settlement of solar systems now requires different numbers of house members. Size 1 solar systems require 33 house members, size 2 solar systems require 66 house members, and size 3 solar systems require 100 house members. Imperators, that already own size 1 and size 2 solar systems will get the excess house members "shipped back" to their warplanet and can settle new solar systems. - activated shortly ~ 1 week

4. The speed of interplanetary transport drones is increased from 150 LY/turn to 500 LY/turn. - activated shortly ~ 1 week.

5. Marketplace trading is now taxed with a 5% sales tax (on the seller side). The proceeds go into the redistribution tax system. The reason for this is, that specifically targeted goods transfers between solar systems or imperators/houses, which mostly occur with constructed very high marketplace prices, should be dampened. - activated shortly ~ 1-2 weeks.

6. This is not directly associated with game logic improvements, but we are nevertheless very proud to activate a new set of lexicon translations provided by wyverns girlfriend. - activated shortly ~ hopefully tomorrow.

I will notify you in this thread, when the game logic items 3 to 5 are activated.

Maelstroem
Laola

I look forward to these game improvements very much!

Upgrade #3 will definitely change almost every aspect of Kosmor play, including economy/resource management, and strategy in battles.

Many, many size-1 and size-2 planets:
Good: hard to conquer, more territory covered, easier for ships to travel
Bad: hard to defend, need to spend a lot on pro-user buildings
(More suited to non-pros)

A Few size-3 planets (current strategy):
Good: easier to defend, less spending on pro-user buildings
Bad: harder for ships to travel, less territory covered, easier to conquer
(More suited to pros)

I think that there will evolve a new "ideal" strategy, where you colonize planets more based on location than on advantage. (e.g. No planet is more than 120 ly from a neighbor planet, so golis can travel.)
alphabravo
Major

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 16:06    Post subject: Re: New Gamplay Logic Improvements! Reply with quote

Locutus wrote:
Good: hard to conquer...
Bad: hard to defend...

Good: easier to defend...
Bad: easier to conquer
um... hard to defend AND hard to conquer?
i know what you mean, that it's harder to take anything of real value, but it's also harder to save every planet
i would probably say for many size 1 planets: easier to defend Wink
because
a) less appealing target Wink
b) easier to move ships around Wink
c) much more time before you bave "lost" to prepare you're last stand Wink
michimike

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 16:10    Post subject: Re: New Gamplay Logic Improvements! Reply with quote

Maelstroem wrote:
Imperators, that already own size 1 and size 2 solar systems will get the excess house members "shipped back" to their warplanet and can settle new solar systems. - activated shortly ~ 1 week

Muhaha, I will get "back" more than 2000 house members... or did I missunderstand something? Laughing
Lordling

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 11:52    Post subject: Re: New Gamplay Logic Improvements! Reply with quote

michimike wrote:
Muhaha, I will get "back" more than 2000 house members... or did I missunderstand something? Laughing

It is for precisely this reason that all of the excess house members should be put into a "pool" and redistributed fairly. A formula should be implemented, taking into consideration the number of planets already owned, assigning a value of 1,2 or 3 based on system size. The higher the total planetary ownership value is, the less house members should be gained. After all, these bloated imperators obviously did not originally colonise those worlds. The currently proposed method will only serve to make the stronger even more strong, and will have an egregious effect on game balance.
Ancient

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 12:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have thought that you would only get back at most to even up the maximum HMs you can have on your WP IE Max for Non Pro 1000 Max For a pro 1300 and should not have more than these numbers on a WP.
Once full you get no more HMs given back.
michimike

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 16:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lordfoul wrote:
I would have thought that you would only get back at most to even up the maximum HMs you can have on your WP IE Max for Non Pro 1000 Max For a pro 1300 and should not have more than these numbers on a WP.
Once full you get no more HMs given back.

Hmm, yes I think, this is the way it works. So I would get 0 HMs, but someone with, for example, 15 size 1 planets will get about 800 HMs.
Carboneater

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 18:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personnaly don't agree with the idea of a maximum HM possible to regain because if you've got these planets, it doesn't matter wether you conquered or colonized these, they're now yours. And all that's linked to it.

Neither for the idea of redistribution. Because those who worked hard to make big empires would be forced to give a part of their job to those who failed doing it.
Locutus

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 19:09    Post subject: Re: New Gamplay Logic Improvements! Reply with quote

alphabravo wrote:
Locutus wrote:
Good: hard to conquer...
Bad: hard to defend...

Good: easier to defend...
Bad: easier to conquer
um... hard to defend AND hard to conquer?
i know what you mean, that it's harder to take anything of real value, but it's also harder to save every planet
i would probably say for many size 1 planets: easier to defend Wink
because
a) less appealing target Wink
b) easier to move ships around Wink
c) much more time before you bave "lost" to prepare you're last stand Wink

I meant that you have more planets, so its hard to defend every single one of your planets from being taken, if they are spread over a wide area. The travel time between planets in your empire makes it more difficult to both attack and defend.
thrawn

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not nesc. true, for example, say I have my planets in a big square, 3 sides of which face my allies, one of which face my foe. Let'd pretend my square is 3 planets by 3 planets. For this i will also say that 1 planet can sustain 1 H4.

Before expansion I have:

3 planets in danger
6 planets that are safe (ish)
9 ships, therefore

3 ships per planet.

After 100% expansion (6 by 6)

6 planets in danger
30 planets that are safe (ish)
36 ships

therefore

6 ships per planet!!
alphabravo
Major

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 13:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

the big mistake in your logic being to assume that number of ships is proportional to number of planets

far more likely, is that it's proportional to size of economy - which is probably going to be roughly the same size, if you have more, smaller planets
Locutus

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 19:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now, I'm looking forward to the other things also (the 500 ly/day transport speed, and the fully translated lexicon).

Now I wonder when the other translations will be implemented... Very Happy
michimike

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 17:57    Post subject: Re: New Gamplay Logic Improvements! Reply with quote

michimike wrote:
Maelstroem wrote:
Imperators, that already own size 1 and size 2 solar systems will get the excess house members "shipped back" to their warplanet and can settle new solar systems. - activated shortly ~ 1 week

LOL, I was right!
Funny thing... a little unfair maybe?
alphabravo
Major

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 17:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

right... you take some nice planets, and give me some coordinates
michimike

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 18:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a too busy imperator to do something minor like colonising planets Twisted Evil
alphabravo
Major

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 18:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

even for 20 planets?
oki... send me to coords of your HP, i'll set a course, then i'll fly to your WP - pick up your ships... meanwhile i can be "your" WP while you take 20 size 3 planets or equivilent

ok?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kosmor Forum Index -> Kosmor Talk All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: