Kosmor Forum Index
 Search Imprint      SearchSearch     Log inLog in 
 Search Legal      MemberlistMemberlist     ProfileProfile   

Aurion's (and Locutus') Tourney Ideas

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kosmor Forum Index -> Feedback / suggestions for improvement
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Locutus

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:08    Post subject: Aurion's (and Locutus') Tourney Ideas Reply with quote

From http://www.cosmor.com/forum_int/viewtopic.php?t=8819&start=30
Pardon me for using your idea, Aurion, but I think it is a good idea, and I wanted to post it.
Aurion wrote:
...But this could be some new game mode, perhaps for some tournaments - one group has to defend him, the other(s) have to conquer him.

Or a more king of the hing like version, whoever manages to hold him longest in his house, to defend him from all attacks wins Razz

I think that having new game "modes" would be a great idea. This would add a lot of variation to the game and the tournaments.

Modes that I suggest are:
-King of the Hill (see above)
-Capture the planet/WP - there is a dummy target (planet/WP) that you have to keep control of; whoever has the control of it for the longest will win; also, we can make it whoever has control of it at the end of the time limit
-Deathmatch - this mode is pretty simple; once you are integrated, you are out of the match; 1/2 of your planets (including the ships on them) and the resources are transfered to the conquerer

There are a few others I can think of, and they all sound pretty fun
michimike

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 13:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

capture the flag! Wink Very Happy
Aurion
Member of the House

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 16:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's all fine, i find it good that someone likes it (besides myself Twisted Evil )

But your capture the planet/wp is what i thought of king of the hill.

A capture the flag like version would be, there are two dummy targets, one for each side, and the one who conquers it more often wins.

Perhaps a race is possible to.

Either with ships, from planet to planet, only knowning some checkpoints, or with wp - but for this, you would need to create a area where a wp can not fly to. Or an npc who's attacking all within range, so everybody would follow the set course.

Don't know if it would be that good, but it works out the one or the other way in almost all games Smile
alphabravo
Major

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 16:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 dummy WPs... A and B
A starts in the house A
B in B

each "day" that A is in house B, it moves 60 LY towards the goal (B's homeplanet)

and each day B is in house A, it moves 60 LY towards A's homeplanet

the first dummy WP to reach it's enemy dummy's HP wins Wink
Locutus

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 16:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking of another idea for more "classic" CTF:
-Each team has a flag planet. This planet contains the parts for the "flag" ship.
-The flag is a medium power ship (H5.5 or something; a class that does not exist).
-You capture an opponents planet, and "build" the flag at their planet.
-You have to bring the "flag" back to your team's flag planet to score.
-If in a battle, your flag is destroyed, then you have lost the flag.
-Whoever has the most points by the end of the match wins.
alphabravo
Major

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 17:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

interesting... flag return on capture Wink
like Unreal Tournament CTF... i was thinking of paintball CTF

would be interesting
Black-Skull

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 05:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope, you can read my bad english Smile

Capture the flag would be a interesting mode, but i think - Maelstroem
must change many rules to make it playable. If i remember me on the little Sharewarespiel "Capture the flag" so can i say its a run and hide game. The run are possible in Kosmor, but not the hide.

Okay :

- Neutral Planets should have in this mode a natural hide-effect. Of this way can a WP fly from neutral planet to the next neutral planet, and the enemy can't see him.

- Planets without ships have a reduced scanradius, perhaps 40 LY only
(60 LJ with radarstation). That build more areas, where a enemy WP can
fly throught the lines of the enemy house. The enemy must use his ships
to patrol his empire and defend his Flag-WP.

- A shoot down should not integrate the player, it should only destroy automatical all ships which he own. Capture the flag is a teamgame.
If a player are shoot down, he must fly back to his planets to build new ships.

- The Throw to friendly planet effekt for a WP should be deactivate to force a player to fly back to his planets after a shoot down.

- Each Player of a team must have the some jump-option - 150 LJ more not. Capture the flug isn't a jump-game.

- The revolution and the rebellionoption must be hide. It should exist only two houses in this mode.
michimike

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 05:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two unchangeable houses seems important for capture the flag... or maybe we try a complete different version?
But I don't think it should be a hide game. If you carry the flag on your warplanet, you should be marked somehow and you can only hide in the dark, where the enemy has no planets. Of course planets can be conquered. Neutral planets are like in the real game.
In real capture the flag games the player with the big cloured flag is always more visible.
Maybe in kosmor it should exist more then two houses with flags... maybe 3 or 4 with 4 to 6 members each? But how do you decide who of the team the houseleader is, if you can't be conquered?
This would be a new game^^
Locutus

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 13:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

We could hide only the players without flags, but the flag-carrier is a large open target. Very Happy
Black-Skull

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 04:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

michimike wrote:
Two unchangeable houses seems important for capture the flag... or maybe we try a complete different version?
But I don't think it should be a hide game. If you carry the flag on your warplanet, you should be marked somehow and you can only hide in the dark, where the enemy has no planets. Of course planets can be conquered. Neutral planets are like in the real game.
In real capture the flag games the player with the big cloured flag is always more visible.
Maybe in kosmor it should exist more then two houses with flags... maybe 3 or 4 with 4 to 6 members each? But how do you decide who of the team the houseleader is, if you can't be conquered?
This would be a new game^^

I believe we talk about two different "capture the flag". I know Capture the flag as a game, where a area are divide in two sides. Each team hide the flag of her area and after they have do that - it are not allowed to carry the flag to a other part of the area. Out this reason it are important to defend the flag. If the other team observe the flag, it can plan the last attack Smile

Each team must observe the other area and defend his own area.
Meet a attacker a defender he must fight against him. Should he lose he must walk (not run) back to the own area - that need time. Should the defender lose, he don't must wait a time - he can immediately follow the attacker and can attack him again.

Does a player reach the flag of the other team, he win !!!!
alphabravo
Major

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 14:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

download the unreal tournament demo version, and you will know the version i mean Wink
Maelstroem
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 18:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice stuff, thanks for the ideas!

Bye,
Maelstroem
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kosmor Forum Index -> Feedback / suggestions for improvement All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: