Kosmor Forum Index
 Search Imprint      SearchSearch     Log inLog in 
 Search Legal      MemberlistMemberlist     ProfileProfile   

Absence
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kosmor Forum Index -> Kosmor Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
michimike

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gozer wrote:
The difference is in the limits. Aren't Jagdkommando candidates put to stiffer tests than reqular officer candidates?

I only know how it works for normal officer candidates. I never tried to get into the Jagdkommando and don't know anyone, who tried that.
I'm sure they also do a psychic capacity tests, but much harder Wink

Gozer wrote:
I'm sure they did. I'm not saying anything bad about your nation's special forces, just disputing what you said about mine. You said yours had ten times the training and skills, I showed you that mine undergo twice the training. Does that say they're better? No. We can compare training numbers all we like, but the true measure is how they do their job, and it is very hard to measure that.

I concede, 10 times was an exaggeration. But I heared that the seals can't keep up with our Jagdkommando Twisted Evil
The training time you said - isn't that only the basic training ("Grundkurs")? I think they have to do much more until they are ready soldiers Wink

PureEvil wrote:
way back it was said that greece's mountain special forces were the best in the world because of the terrain they trained in. but what if they were in the desert?

I totally agree with your statement. Maybe the Austrian Jagdkommando has an advantage in mountains, forests and lakes and the Seals are better on desert and ocean? I'm sure it's very hard to compare special forces. They all won't make many mistakes.
Agnar

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 13:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

michimike wrote:
Oh, I forgot, of course the psyche is important, too. For sure this is the most important exclusion criterion!
I assumed it as self-evident that a IQ of 130 is minimum

The psyche and intelligence are different things. I did not mean intelligence really (though again, all forces would require a high level of intelligencce).

I meant the psyche. Personallity if you like. Endurance, stubborness and strength of mind. For dealing with tasks under extreme uncomfort, lack of sleep, food, etc (even torture perhaps?), and still be alert and able.

michimike wrote:
I'm sure it's very hard to compare special forces.

True.

There are probably different specialities within the various forces too. For example, perhaps the Israeli forces are best at dealing with suicide bombers, while the SAS are best at prisoner rescue in middle-eastern war-torn/unstable areas.
Shadowmaster

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 13:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

all special forces of countries that are americas friends all train with other special forces. (they intertrain) difference special forces have different missions, but most are very capable in almost any situation, wether it be land or sea.

navy seals are the main special forces group whom take on missions that have anything to do with water. etc etc.

i have done some training with some S F and delt guys and some of them are crazy as hell. Twisted Evil it was fun using some of the weapons that they use when they go on missions. we wanted some of their stuff for u8s to use. lol
Carboneater

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 20:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok well, in Canada, we currently don't have known special forces...

The only one we have are soldiers deployed in Somalia(1993) in forest-cloak. They served as targets to rebels on witch to train.

Same year, Jean Chrétien, the PM of the time, wore his Helmet of the Blue-Helmets the wrong way. It took a soldier that broke the line to replace is helmet because he didn't understood that.

Also, in the Afghanistan (2001) deployment, the soldiers were once again in forest cloak.

Last year, Canada's forces bought 4 submarines to UK. We are now proud to claim that we have the only submarines that burn while in the water!

With all this, it is easy to understand why Canada hosts Trident Fury. It's only to show all the others that: "Even if we aren't strong, we got a couple o' good friends!" Laughing
Gorgar

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 20:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

special forces are not hard to compare.

the mostly have the same things to do.they operate in small groups and have to be quick und very lethal.

the austrian Jagdkommando wins the last 5 competitions of special forces....in mostly all categories.

they are not special to fight in the mountains...therefor we have our Gebirgsjaeger....mountainrangers.

das ich auch mal meinen senf abgeben kann.hehe

michi!!welche lage???
Shadowmaster

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

the british SAS have one of the hardest selection programs of the SF. they have to navigate something like around 40 or so miles in under a day. thats hard with full gear! but thats the point. all SF's want only the best!
alphabravo
Major

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

Galadrel wrote:
the british SAS have one of the hardest selection programs of the SF. they have to navigate something like around 40 or so miles in under a day. thats hard with full gear! but thats the point. all SF's want only the best!
the standard marines selection procedure is almost this tough Wink

Code:
The commando tests are taken on consecutive days; they include;

* A nine-mile (14.5 km) speed march, carrying full fighting order, to be completed in 90 minutes; the pace is thus 10 minutes per mile (6 min/km or 6 mph).

* The Endurance course is a six mile, (9.65 km), course across rough terrain at Woodbury Common near Lympstone, which includes tunnels, pipes, wading pools, and an underwater culvert. The course ends with a four-mile run back to CTCRM. Followed by a marksmanship test, where the recruit must hit 6 out of 10 shots at a target representing a fig. 11 target at 200 m. To be completed in 73 minutes (71 minutes for Royal Marine officers), these times were recently increased by one minute as the route of the course was altered. The Course ends at the 25m range where the recruit must then put at least 6 out of 10 shots on target without cleaning their weapon.

* The Tarzan Assault Course. This is an assault course combined with an aerial confidence test. It starts with a death slide and ends with a rope climb up a thirty foot vertical wall. It must be completed with full fighting order in 13 minutes, 12 minutes for Royal Marine officers. The Potential Officers Course also includes confidence tests from the Tarzan Assault Course, although not with equipment.

* The Thirty miler. This is a 30 mile (48 km) march across Dartmoor, wearing fighting order, and additional safety equipment. It must be completed in 8 hours for recruits and 7 hours for Royal Marine officers, who must also navigate the route themselves, rather than following a DS with the rest of a syndicate and carry their own equipment.

anyone who has never been to dartmoor should know it's an amazing place, but famous for being quite hard to travel over - hills, bogs, uneven ground, and most of the hillsides are covered in tussucks

i did 45 miles in a day and a half over it last year, and it's a *fun* experience, and ~30 miles 2 years ago in 3 days, and a few smaller expeds on it

then the SAS is much tougher
the SAS's little known cousin is the SBS - special boat service, which is much more similar to the SEALs, but on a smaller scale
Keule

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

*sees his Royal Marine LtCol colleague with different eyes now*
michimike

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 14:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm back!

(... hoping to be able to log in to kosmor each day as from now)
Angron

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 16:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome back michi Very Happy glad to hear it.
Giner

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 16:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Cough* Suck up... *Cough*
Angron

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 05:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha say wat you will he is a friend of my current house, and i shall say wat i wish *cough*..gimp..*cough* Very Happy
Ancient

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 06:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ancient wrote:
GinDragon wrote:
Here is your proof.

http://www.kosmor.com/forum_int/viewtopic.php?t=6948&highlight=

Make sure you read most of the posts after Globbos first.

That was before the temporary replacement module.

Posted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 13:04 Post subject: Activation of Temporary Replacement Module

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Imperators!

We have just activated the new temporary replacement module.
It is accessible as a new sub menu of the warplanet menu.

Here is the new help text, published in the documentation:

Using temporary replacement, you can assign a representative, which can take over control of your houses' affairs, when you are absent for some days (e.g. in holidays).

It is not possible to permanently transfer control to another imperator. You may assign 30 days of temporary replacement within 120 days.

On the right hand, you see open requests for temporary replacement, which have been created by other imperators asking you for temporary replacement. It is not possible to accept more than one request for temporary replacement per day. Also, be aware, that you can only perform one active temporary replacement at a time!

If you are actively performing temporary replacement for another imperator, you can switch to his account or cancel temporary replacement. Some features are restricted in temporary replacement mode, you may not delete the account or delete incoming mails, for example.

We strongly advise you to NOT give away your account passwords anymore to anyone, but use this new feature. Giving away game passwords for use by other players can be regarded as multiaccounting.
Note: this will be effective, when we activate the map-sharing feature, but we would like all imperators to prepare.

Have fun!
The High Council and
Maelstroem

Seems that Mich was away for 5 weeks I see no reason he had to have special treatment ?

Makes me wonder how often this account sharing has continued over the years.
Aurion
Member of the House

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 07:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand your concern, and i'm not sure about every user here, too, which may or may not include Michimike, but please mail Maelstroem directly about this, as nothing good will come out of this.

I also would like to remind everyone of the forum rules, especially about

Quote:
2. Incriminations about bug or exploit using, misbehaviour, multiing, ... have to be reported directly to the admins (Maelstroem).

Threads like this usually derail. Like the other did.

To contact Maelstroem, please use the contact form on the main page ( http://kosmor.com/index.php?action=kontakt ).
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kosmor Forum Index -> Kosmor Talk All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: