Kosmor Forum Index
 Search Imprint      SearchSearch     Log inLog in 
 Search Legal      MemberlistMemberlist     ProfileProfile   

Un Mapsharing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kosmor Forum Index -> Feedback / suggestions for improvement
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alphabravo
Major

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 22:27    Post subject: Un Mapsharing Reply with quote

it would be nice to be able to view your own map, without other people's map sharings displayed.
Yes, it is possible to do this with a big of tweaking... with luck, i think i made a way of doing it... but it seems to take for ever to run so far, so i dont know if it has worked.

it's one of those things that's much easier to implement first, rather than trying to retro fit it with a tool or whatever.

also, in the same way - being able to view each mapshare individually could be nice

alpha
Agnar

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 07:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, and would love to see this implimented.

It would also be useful for giving svg maps to people without compromising the security of other people who have shared their maps with you on good trust that you dont show others. You could pass on only the svg of your own territory.

Even better would be if it was possible to select *which* map-shares would display (if any). (Perhaps with some sort of check box on the navigation or warplanet screens?)
michimike

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 08:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agnar wrote:
It would also be useful for giving svg maps to people without compromising the security of other people who have shared their maps with you on good trust that you dont show others. You could pass on only the svg of your own territory.
If you use the mapsharin tool to show others your empire, no foreign maps, which are shared with you, will be sent to the recipient; only your own map informations Wink
Agnar wrote:
Even better would be if it was possible to select *which* map-shares would display (if any). (Perhaps with some sort of check box on the navigation or warplanet screens?)
You can do this easily by clicking on "cancel" near the name of your map-sharers Laughing

Well seriously, I would also love to see alphabravos idea implementet Wink
alphabravo
Major

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 14:14    Post subject: Re: Un Mapsharing Reply with quote

alphabravo wrote:
i think i made a way of doing it... but it seems to take for ever to run so far, so i dont know if it has worked.

what can i say Razz
i had a damned buggy loop in there.

i have now made a tool which can remove the mapsharings from a map - albeit a bit slowly for a large map, but it would be nice if maeli implemented this Razz

or put <g id="..."> </g> around map info, so it's determinable...
Maelstroem
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 19:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

@alphabravos original post:
Its quite difficult to "unshare" maps in the interface easily. The map sharing aggregation is a difficult process in the gpu, resulting in a huge garbage pile of map data, which would need to be filtered in the frontend.
For this old version of the mapping engine, iŽd say its a no-go.

Bye,
Maelstroem
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kosmor Forum Index -> Feedback / suggestions for improvement All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: