Kosmor Forum Index
 Search Imprint      SearchSearch     Log inLog in 
 Search Legal      MemberlistMemberlist     ProfileProfile   

Reset the game & implement some better security measures

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kosmor Forum Index -> Feedback / suggestions for improvement
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lordling

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 03:23    Post subject: Reset the game & implement some better security measures Reply with quote

This is probably going to be my last post here at Kosmor.com.
Before the drum-pounding & jeering begins, I must say this: I am not a newbie at games like this. I've been playing and excelling, if not holding my own, for 20 years in the RTS/TBS online world.
Here, I've witnessed nearly every honorable player (regardless of nationality) which I have had the good fortune to associate with, leave this game.
Why?
It is quite clear that an unfair advantage has been acquired by certain groups of players. This is only evident if you actually play the game, you are not on the High Council, and are not a member of one of those groups. I do not know if this advantage is due to multi'ing, orchestrated account highjacking, exploits, or access to secure game data. However, I can say with absolute certainty, that despite the framework and architecture of the game, players in those groups have reacted with an uncanny prescience, even taking into consideration possible traitorous action within the house. There is absolutely no way that certain actions could have been so accurately predicted after a complete communications blackout. If they were truly predicted, then someone needs to contact the Rhine Institute, and get some psychic researchers on this case ASAP.

In summary, I will not return to this game when my account expires, unless I am notified that steps have been taken to correct this situation.

To all those who have fought (and still fight) the Good Fight, I salute you.

Strength & Honor
Maelstroem
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 01:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Lordling,

first and all: thanks for all your game improvement posts, a lot of them will be incorporated in the next version. There will also be an additional new game (which is close to the restart you wanted).

Then, I would really like to know what has happened exactly, so I can investigate things (send either via contact form or to kosmor at knoblach. de) There are some players around playing very sophisticated, but also there also may be multi accounters, who can spy information on your empire.
When I can find out anything and do something against it, I will do it.

Bye,
Maelstroem
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kosmor Forum Index -> Feedback / suggestions for improvement All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: