Search Imprint      SearchSearch     Log inLog in 
 Search Legal      MemberlistMemberlist     ProfileProfile   

Show us your fleet
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic :: View next topic  
alphabravo
Major

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well auri's named a ship after me, so I'm obviously better than apo.
Locutus

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone tried to spell out a message with their ship names? I mean, it is definitely plausible. If I'm not mistaken, Kosmor sorts ships lexicographically by name, you could prefix each ship name with a unique number/letter combination to make a sentence.

For example:
Probe(H1) 01-Lorem_ipsum of Player, House: House
Probe(H1) 02-dolor_sit of Player, House: House
Probe(H1) 03-amet, of Player House: House
Probe(H1) 04-consectetur of Player, House: House
Probe(H1) 05-adipisicing of Player, House: House
Probe(H1) 06-elit,_sed_do of Player, House: House
Probe(H1) 07-eiusmod... of Player, House: House
Aurion
Member of the House

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 16:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did not name a ship "alphabravo". But yeah, i got some inspiration from you Wink Oh, and i got a ship with "Apo" in the name.

I also did make some messages, as already stated before, but i did not include a "ID" (like in Locutus example) to make sure they appear in the right order etc. So its more of a easteregg then a message.

@Locutus: But if someone else uses a "01-" wouldn't it interrupt that? So you would have to make sure has ships, or at least no ships starting with the same "ID". Like, a "01-Do it now" or "03-You are cool" would mess up your message, while a "Do it now" would not interfere.

Probe(H1) 01-Lorem_ipsum of Player, House: House
Probe(H1) 01-Do it now of Another Player, House: House
Probe(H1) 02-dolor_sit of Player, House: House
Probe(H1) 03-amet, of Player House: House
Probe(H1) 03-idontlikestupidnamesliketheonesyouuse, of Another Player House: House
Probe(H1) 04-consectetur of Player, House: House
Probe(H1) 05-adipisicing of Player, House: House
Probe(H1) 06-elit,_sed_do of Player, House: House
Probe(H1) 07-eiusmod... of Player, House: House

Oh, and sometimes modding powers are nice if you are lazy. I copied the whole list, including code...as i wanted to keep the colors, but not format it myself Smile
Locutus

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's true. I suppose this relies on the people in your house being nice and cooperating Razz
If you integrated some unfriendly imperators into your house, he could just rename his ships and mess up your message. I guess there's not really a way to counter this, except rename your ships something else.
Lady_Sjet

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 04:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

H1 - FireMoth (fragile flyer, can be used as a seasoning in foods if properly cured resulting in a very hot and spicy dish.)

H2 - NightLighter (lightweight hunter that blinds it's prey by emitting flash pulses from two knobs above it's browline.)

H3 - DayFrost (another lightweight hunter similar to the NightLighter but this one can actually affect the temperature around itself enough that it's prey becomes to cold to either sustain flight or be able to move from it's night time roost. hunts only in the predawn or early dusk.)

H4 - NightWing, DeathWatch, SilentShrike, BloodHawk, CrystalWeaver, OrbAdder, DoomWing, ShadowScream, DeathKite, SpiralDancer (these creatures are all birds of prey, and have various methods allowing them to hunt. Some of these methods include speed, sonics, projectile poisoning, hypnotysm, and in the case of the SpiralDancer even deception, as it flys in circles around it's prey drawing ever closer until it's too late.)

H5 - NovaCat (a large and deadly cat, it is noted for it's ability to breathe fire by secreting two different chemicals from glands in it's mouth, which it uses to 'cook' its prey. being lazy by nature it uses this mechanism to wound it's prey so that it does not have to run it to ground, prides of these animals have even been known to set backfires to native plains grass in order to catch prey between the fire and some other certain doom like a cliffside.)

H6 - TigerShark (the largest shark in the oceans it regularly attains a size of 15 meters and preys on whatever sea life it can catch and kill sometimes even other TigerSharks. it has mottled grey skin with black striping which it uses to hide itself in reefs along the coastlines, or in very deep ocean crevices.)

H7 - GhostBear, LunarWolf (two night predators of note, the GhostBear has fur that is blueblack in color which hides it very well in it's woodland environment. it is approximately 1 1/2 - 2 meters in size and is very swift due to its six legs. it should also be noted that this creature is carniverous, badtempered, and highly territorial.
The Lunarwolf is actually not a predator as such but it's habits cause it to be listed as one, it's fur glows in the light of the moon and it feeds on mossy growths and lichens, hence the reason it's fur glows, the reason it is listed as a predator is that in order to continue to have a food supply it hunts down and kills anything that it thinks it can take down, it then marks it's kill by urinating around the body, which has the added effect of covering the prey with seedlings which sprout using the body for nutrients)

H8 - NightSpinner (a large and deadly arachnid, it moves during the night in search of prey, which it then paralyzes, encases in a webbing cocoon, and then feeds on. once it has reached a certain size it will lay eggs in the victim, the hatchlings then feed on this victim before departing in search of prey for themselves, fortunately only one to two hatchling survive as they are very canabalistic)

H9 - WaveSerpent (a very large ocean dwelling reptile, known to swallow people whole. sizes vary from 3 to 15 meters, the latter being rare. history reports 1 actually attaining a size of 30 meters in length with a girth of 10 meters)

H10 - FirePrism (one of the deadliest of plants, it focuses sunrays into a very tight laser like beam to cut down it's prey, it then uproots itself, ambulates to it's victim and then reroots and procreates using it's victims body for nutrients)

More names to be added in the future, and needless to say the homeworld of House Ulthwe is a very dangerous and yet extremely beautiful world, we have strived to mantain our homeworld in as pristine and natural a condition as possible, and strive to do the same to all he worlds under the control of House Ulthwe

H11 - Solar-Riis, Suul-Aaco, Androme-Eeda, Chriis-Taal, Veerak-Mohz, Kuun-Lan, Korrlahk-Tal, Faal-Corum, Phan-Larr, Bushan-Re,
Eventhor-Riizen, Redd-Warf, WiiteG-Iiant, Solbi-Anca (just to name a few, now see if you can figure out the real names of the ships and where they come from)

(OOC- I hope that you liked this little bit of fiction that i cooked up for the names of the Ulthwe ships, and i encourage all players to also come up with fictional reasons for thier ships as it adds to the roleplay of the game and also brings insight into our fellow players minds. examples can be found all around us, from plants and animals to historical figures and even historical events. how much fun do you think you might have in visualizing and creating a civil war from your planets past and hence the reason for your ships being named after historical figures in tha war? or is your race a nature race and therefore given to naming things after plants and seasons? is it a machine race and theredore names things based on mathematical equations(ie: E=MC/2) or do they use mechanical ideas? what about using Latin to name ships? or do as i have and take from your favorite games and then dream up a fictional background. remember, your imagination is the limit, and nothing is impossible, merely improbable.)

Lady Karen S'jet
of
House Ulthwe
Rose
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kosmor Forum Index -> Kosmor Talk All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: