View previous topic :: View next topic  
alphabravo
Major

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 12:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok thanx
Ancient

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 07:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Merthos wrote:
You'll allways end in free space if you use the jump drive.

Why ?
Liam

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 08:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because it won't be fair, if you could jump over 600ly and attack an imperator in the same turn, so he maybe won't have the chance to react, because he can't see you. One day reaction time ist the less somebody should have.
Ancient

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 09:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking of jumping to your own solar systems side of things and was not thinking about the attacking part of it.
so in that case it makes sence.
michimike

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 15:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

The jumpdrive is exactly 150 LY (or 300 or 600) and you are never "exactly" 150 LY away from your target.
Ancient

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 16:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I found out after trying a few days ago to get an exact postion to jump onto a solar system of mine 300 LY away.
I spent a lot of time trying but the nearest I got was 299.9 LY the xp and xy always ended in .7 and .5 so I gave up in the end Smile
michimike

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 17:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

It wouldn't make any difference if you some day get "exactly" 300 LY. What I said was only an aid to understand, but of course you will never come into combat after using the jumpdrive.
Tremor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 07:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

michimike wrote:
It wouldn't make any difference if you some day get "exactly" 300 LY. What I said was only an aid to understand, but of course you will never come into combat after using the jumpdrive.

I just was attacked by somebody who jumped into combat. Has the rules changed since 2006 or was this a bug?

More details:

I attacked a planet using normal drive, somebody else (not from the planets house) appeared out of nowhere. We fought, I lost.

On the navigation map I can see a move trail that looks to be exactly 150 ly long, so I assume they jumped.

confusedly yours,
Tremor of Trem-Ori
michimike

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 07:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it was due to some changes of the coordinate-system, but if you are "exactly" 300 LY (or 150, 600 however) away from an enemy planet and jump, you'll get into fight like a normal warplanet, who targets a system. I tried it out some days ago against Giner and now representing Nella he did the same against you!
Ancient

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 08:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

michimike wrote:
I think it was due to some changes of the coordinate-system, but if you are "exactly" 300 LY (or 150, 600 however) away from an enemy planet and jump, you'll get into fight like a normal warplanet, who targets a system. I tried it out some days ago against Giner and now representing Nella he did the same against you!

Indeed this has change from the past when we where talking about it and is used alot now so just sitting somewhere and seeing no WPs in a close range is now risky nowadays as is moving to the next planet you can not be predictable either.

What I did not know at that time is you can key in coordinate numbers into your address bar and this will give you exact cordinates to position your WP can go too and then get exact jump coordinate distance too planets etc (some testing calculations and adjusting may be needed in some cases)
This is a very useful tool to use for many situations (something older players failed too mention in this thread at the time).

Link to added info about the bug.

http://www.kosmor.com/forum_int/viewtopic.php?t=9193

==============================================
Yesterday my KP followed another (blanka) and ended at (nearly) the same point. But there was no fight. Today the ship attack of a thrid party (APOcalypse) hit both of us in one fight!! (although the warplanets after the fight went in different directions) - also blankas and my ships were included and it became a three-party fight. So how could we be at the same point today in the ship-fight, when we where not on the same point yesterday, so no combat was possible yesterday?

Another strange thing: Yesterday I tried to "occupy" blanka, who I did not reach with my warplanet, with my ships, but when I entered the orders it showed "to warplanet michimike fly" on all ships! I also tried this with only one ship - the same. I tried to order "to warplanet of michimike fly" afterwards - "0 ships got new orders". And I tried to do the same order (occupy) afterwards: "0 ships got new orders".... BUG??
sorry for the late answer!

Regarding #1: when ships enter an area, they can trigger a combats with other units not farther away than 1LY.

The second thing is an interface problem, when in very close distance, you cannot easily give certain orders because of the vicinity grabber algorithm - you have to click on the outermost corner of the vicinity circle to obtain the command selection you want to have.
This shall be fixed in interface V2.

Bye,
Maelstroem

=============================================
Claudio wrote:

They CAN trigger?

Is there a chance to do so or a must?

Thats a important enhancement in v2, thx Maelstroem!
=============================================
Regarding #1:

it depends on the coordinates: if their non-fraction part is the same (e.g. 100.5 and 100.9 as x-pos and 500.1 and 500.9 as y-pos), they will trigger a combat.

Bye,
Maelstroem
============

When Claudio and I where working together in attacks and wars we tested this exact distance jumping to almost 0 distance away and it was triggering combat so it worked.
I forgot too add that info to this post at that time.
Tremor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Argh! Evil or Very Mad

I carefully placed myself 600.04ly away from the target. I jumped.

Result: No combat. Distance to target: 0ly. But. No. Combat.

Just how accurate do you have to be here?

Edit-Add: On rereading the Ancients post, I reallized that planets live on 123.00 coordinates while I jumped to 122.95. Different integer parts. Sad

Tremor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kosmor Forum Index -> Questions and Answers All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: