Kosmor Forum Index
 Search Imprint      SearchSearch     Log inLog in 
 Search Legal      MemberlistMemberlist     ProfileProfile   

attack failed (118/3506)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
michimike

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 13:03    Post subject: attack failed (118/3506) Reply with quote

On day 118/3506 I got this conflict report:
Quote:
Conflict report - participating houses:

House AustrianAlliance:

Ship M10(H10) von michimike

Nothing more! (actually I got 2 of this, one for each ship!)
And in the news from 118 we can find:
Quote:
An attack on the warplanet of
Commander lumberjack (house Nemesis) has failed
(destroyed combat power: 0).

And before the conflict report, there was another message, titeled "Retreat":
Quote:
After a separation, your ship 'M10' was orbiting the warplanet of 'lumberjack', who is hostile now. Thus, it retreated to friendly territory and is now orbiting the solar system Hexcon.

And here are the facts:
I attacked lumberjack with 2 fully equipped Goliaths (916 cp each) and chose "occupy". The Goliaths were on warplanet of Hugo_Stiglitz before. Both, lumberjack and Hugo, decided to "only allow own ships in orbit" this day. But as the battles happen before the retreats the option of Hugo should not play a role.
There were NO other fights, neither on Hugo nor on lumberjack (he was NOT integrated before, which would explain the situation - even not by homeplanet)

The problem: there was no fight!
lumberjack stayed in the house he was before, although I attacked him with 2 Goliaths. The two Goliaths were then on solar system Hexcon the next turn.

Summarised: I attacked lumberjack with 2 ships, but nothing happend!

I thought there are no real bugs anymore in this game. But how can this be explained else??
Maelstroem
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 14:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess it is explainable nevertheless... someone with experience in this?
Aurion
Member of the House

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 21:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually got an empty report several months ago (74/3506)

Quote:
Conflict report - participating houses:

House Thalgados-Sissyhood:
Solar system Webvarno von Aurion

Thats as far as my experience goes.

No addtional messages that day, No system messages the days before or after, especially not that planet.
michimike

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 20:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

This happens for example, when an empty warplanet, which was conquered in the same turn before, goes for your planet.

But the empty report is a usual "bug". What's so "special" or complicated about my case is that a simple ship-attack just failed in a very strange way!
Aurion
Member of the House

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 21:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats not *that* special in Kosmor Razz

Either your ships tried to occupy it, found a warplanet that did only allow own ships (lumberjack), and therefore retreated, or they got displaced from the warplanet they where on (Hugo) because of the change to "allow only own ships", and therefore retreated.

And then it executed the fight without any of your ships participating, because they were already on Hexcon.

Doesn't make sense, as the change to "allow only own ships" should not happen during ship movement, unless it's like that to avoid ships ending up who knows where (which it ironically caused (?)). And it should execute the fight before your ships retreat.

Maybe it put your ships in a temporar orbit reserved for retreating when they found out they could not stay, and so no ships where in the "fighting" orbit, or something like that? Maelstroem should know if there is such a thing like different orbit.

The strange thing is that it actually executed both the fight and the retreat, but maybe it's reproducable? Then Maelstroem could fool around with the options and probably even change the sequence the orders get executed. Which could lead to new problems, if they where like that for a specific reason, like to avoid ships ending up who knows where..

Just some thoughts i had. Seeing my past experience and the time, i doubt any of this is even near the real events though Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kosmor Forum Index -> Bug-Reports All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: