Kosmor Forum Index
 Search Imprint      SearchSearch     Log inLog in 
 Search Legal      MemberlistMemberlist     ProfileProfile   

Galactic news of the day 185/3506
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gondor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 14:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not known as a person that often speaks here, but Darius, Assisi: the main difference between you and michi is that your defeat (Assisi) can't and didn't end the war, but michis defeat would. If you faced michi on your own, you definitely wouldn't have done your move just to become a "brave man". You can't tell me that. And I'm sure that michi would have sacrified himself for an allied person to end this war in his favour if that's the only solution, no doubt. Just be honest, standing alone against an overwhelming number of enemies, you wouldn't react differently as michi.

And just to add one more opinion: I don't wanna seem like a smart ass, but to fight a single person, with a superior number of men and material, and not beeing able to defeat this person over this long time now, that's ashaming, and so there is not really a reason for you all to fall into an arrogant ecstasy as some of you do as this war seems to come to an end. You can be relieved and be pleased with your work, but nothing more.
With your possibilities, michi would have dissembled your house within a month, that's for sure.
Darius

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 15:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your feedback Gondor

In all seriousness and without arrogance, I really do commend Michi on his tactical conduct in this war, he has acheived an awful lot (albeit with the help of some of his friends of course). I guess I am simply disappointed on the way this war is now playing out.

At the end of the day Michi was happy to enter into a war with a house that, through whatever means, had and now has, in the final moments of this war, a superior force. It seems to be me that Michi is happy to snatch the victories when they come along, however will not accept the inevitable defeat when it is long overdue. War is a road of ups and downs and you can not deny that us Templars have learned to accept the downs with good grace and humility. Any one of us could have ran and avoided combat, I just thought when embarking on this war that it was accepted and understood by every member of these two great houses that the war must be concluded in one way or another - the defeat of Templar or Austrian Alliance. It seems to me a little like the concept of the German Wehrmacht running away from the Allies in the closing moments of WWII, rather than stand and fight to the bitter end as they did even though they knew too well they would be overwhelmed and defeat was inevitable.

The fact is Gondor, Assisi did indeed make the ultimate sacrifice through bravery. I know myself that Assisi's manouver into the path of Michi was on the cards long before anyone outside of Templar knew this, it surely was not a mistake. I guess the most frustrating thing about this situation is that Assisi made this sacrifice on the assumption Michi would play by the rules of war and fight Nikoy and hence, bring the war to an end. It turns out that Assisi's losses were perhaps futile in many ways because, unexpectedly, after Michi snatches the hollow victory put before him by Assisi, he then runs from Nikoy. Sure, Nikoy will catch up with Michi, but we dare not underestimate Michi's ability to evade defeat for many days, weeks or even months and frankly, that is purely self preservationist and disingenuous.

Terrorists and pirates flee, not great leaders like Michi! Michi took the victories along the way with pleasure and an ounce or two of arrogance... (he can claim victory in the biggest battle ever to take place in .com for heavens sake! - no-one can take that away from him), but please Michi, now learn to take the defeat!

BTW Gondow, in the response to your final point - Michi too had many conspirators working with him in this war so please, do not present the story of Michi the lone knight! (the treachery of Marion for instance or the slyness of Shadow who resumed his attacks on us from afar even though he had been defeated in battle and was granted freedom from us of ripping or further attacks on the basis he would retire graciously - X1, Empi and probably the pirates mac and co, the list goes on my friend)...

Yours

Darius

Last edited by Darius on Wed Aug 18, 2010 06:43; edited 1 time in total
Assisi
Councillor of the House

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 16:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings Gondor,
I am very happy about your post. First because there is a big lack of posts and any new one is welcome. Second because gives me the chances to explain some others things that may be not so clear.

Gondor wrote:
If you faced michi on your own, you definitely wouldn't have done your move just to become a "brave man". You can't tell me that.

You are so correct !!! And I already explained why I did that move.

When I said about me being brave was a mistake made because I was in holiday and I didn't wanted to spend too much on Kosmor. More correctly from me would have been to say "brave move". I apologize if some egos were offended Smile

Gondor wrote:
And I'm sure that michi would have sacrified himself for an allied person to end this war in his favour if that's the only solution, no doubt.

This is yet to be proved Smile But maybe you know him better.

Gondor wrote:
Just be honest, standing alone against an overwhelming number of enemies, you wouldn't react differently as michi.

If you talk about his tactics ... there is some truth in your affirmation. Otherwise ... this is incorrect.

Gondor wrote:
I don't wanna seem like a smart ass

I respect that !!!

Gondor wrote:
but to fight a single person, with a superior number of men and material, and not beeing able to defeat this person over this long time now, that's ashaming
With your possibilities, michi would have dissembled your house within a month, that's for sure

When this conflict begun Michi had a similar number of men and resources!!!
We only had many more planets ( though I remember that for one single day michi was the no. 1 - he was very proud about it Very Happy ) but this didn't had any effect regarding this war.
If you want a complete discussion about this we can do it ... but let's wait this to end so we can speak more freely.

I will just say this:
- Michi, Shadow ,Gondor, SPOT, Empi, treacherous Marion, X1, Tremor, several smaller but important players ( Lumberjack, Hugo etc ), some episodic appearances like Ayur, Transporter and I believe that some pirates are cooperating with michi too. Sorry if I forgot someone. In those moments we had about the same number of people. Even now we are similar if we don't include the pirates that maybe are working for your side

- at some point michi got all your fleets( including Shadow's). At that specific moment he had the courage to challenge Nikoy because his fleet was bigger. After 2 days WE split their fleets and his courage vanished. So we are not the first to challenge someone when we have an advantage Idea

- almost the entire war was/is taking place on your home ground. This is a enormous advantage!!! WE battled so hard to build outposts and begin to develop/build more then you all.

- Michi and some of you had a greater experience ( but was your achievement so ... good for you ). We had to learn this ( with sacrifices ) but I think WE learned a lot.

- game engine that gives him a small advantage but capital in some situations!!! Sadly we are not in Kosmor from the beginning.

SO ... you got the tactical position, the men, the resources, the experience and the fleet to win this. I don't want to neglect the "brilliant" mind behind all this Wink .
Why didn't you already won it ?

Please tell me Gondor when michi won a war ? Or maybe he always didn't had the resources, men ...etc ?
This should raise a question about his other qualities. A leader must think about many more areas to win a war. It's not enough to be a "brilliant" tactician... though until now he proved good especially in find escaping routes Smile and running fast ( forgive my small arrogance )

Gondor wrote:
and so there is not really a reason for you all to fall into an arrogant ecstasy as some of you do as this war seems to come to an end.

I am not ecstatic as this war is not end yet.
I am arrogant only when I speak about michi but I have my reasons ! Maybe I lose some towards others also but is not with a clear intention. If someone feel offended by something I said ... I apologize.

Gondor wrote:
You can be relieved and be pleased with your work, but nothing more.

I am indeed pleased with our work because WE did all those above and many more. You sometimes give me the impression that you think that a superior being ( Maelstroem ?!? Rolling Eyes ) gave us everything we achieved just because we are pretty. But no ... WE brought your alliance to it's actual state and dimension.
That's why I wrote "WE" ... to harden our humble contribution. Don't see it like an arrogance cause it isn't.

And I would have been delighted if we would have been more active and involved in this game. For sure the war would have ended sooner.

Also Gondor ... why don't you speak about yourselves and your contribution to this war ??? You and Empi had some fine moves ...
All of you speak mostly about michi ...

Best regards !
Assisi

P.S. : can I be banned for such a long post ? Razz

EDIT : when I begun this post, Darius didn't posted his yet. If I said something that he already wrote ( making you to lose your time) ... I apologize.

Last edited by Assisi on Wed Aug 18, 2010 05:51; edited 4 times in total
Aurion
Member of the House

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 22:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assisi wrote:

P.S. : can I be banned for such a long post ? Razz

I'm sure i can arrange something.

About this thread.. ah.. feels like old times already.

I think i'm gonna stay a while and listen, so to say. It's good to see there are still people capable of posting in Kosmor.com. I wonder where you hid when Maelstroem requested feedback. But that's probably a story for some other time..

Please, proceed.
Giner

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe i should show my face, figuratively, let me just say, be prepared Wink.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kosmor Forum Index -> Kosmor Talk All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: