Kosmor Forum Index
 Search Imprint      SearchSearch     Log inLog in 
 Search Legal      MemberlistMemberlist     ProfileProfile   

List of notable rulers
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aurion
Member of the House

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 08:50    Post subject: List of notable rulers Reply with quote

This is the list of notable rulers. Please propose to add new rulers in a similar fashion to this list. Last updated as of 04/02/11.

• Walker : the first Templar, he built The Order of Templar and left this legacy to those that followed.

• Nella and Carboneater ( can't say about one and leave the other outside ) : they had a high spirit of sacrifice. They were in a colonization mission and got riped many times by the pirates, but they never forgot their cause and didn't left kosmor because of this. An example from this point of view.

• Kodro : the best Knight from those that are no more. He had 40 subordinates at one point.

• Michimike : the best experience in kosmor was when he fell down; he was also a very experienced player with a very big ego; he dissapointed me when he didn't continued.

• Tobi, well. For those who don't got to know him, imagine michimike, only worse Twisted Evil The wars where petty compared to todays, but they still involved most of the galaxy back then.

• Neireh was a good and dear friend of mine, and of many others i believe. Didn't have that much to do with each other in the beginning, but with a short detour involving Gil-Galad and Apo, our houses grew closer.

• Merthos.. Handuro was always fishy back then (to me). The great unknown danger in the south (?) Wink But nothing really happend.

• Chrysander was an important member of Kesh, until he founded his own house, BlackStar. I believe we drifted away from each others after that, so to say.

• Ahab: Well, he belonged to Gshock back in the days, and while i can't remember it exactly anymore exact how it allhappend, they ended up belonging to Kesh before long. Ahab took over from blanka, and proceeded to make Kesh/The Brotherhood prosper.

• Blanka founded Kesh with the beginning of .com, though we both ended up in Hommel for some time. With the fall of Hommel, blanka founded Kesh once again, this time it lasted longer, basically it's still there. The time i was actively working with blanka was the best time in Kosmor i experienced.

• Apo (Apocalypse) took over from Ahab, and proceeded with the line his predecessors did, though unfortunately it didn't last that long. He did a great job nevertheless.

• Sandal - The official (Templar) Grand Master in the times of Kodro, the house's WP, the BIG BOSS, alone and silent on his mountain peak, away from the mortals... Later separated from the house, but kept tightly cooperating with us, in several occasions fought hardly with and defeated michimike, Abdul and Bucan.

• Agnar - Leader of house Agnari, water-addicted amphibian, one of the participants in the great southern war with house Troja. Fought long and brave, but finally lost the war.

• RobinHood - Agnar's greatest enemy, finally victorious, great warrior, leader of big house, (one of) the first to put up more than a million CP on his WP.

• Bucan and Abdul - very skilled warriors, friends of michimike, long-lasting enemies of the Templars.

• Locutus - good ally of the Templars from the south (delta quadrant), together with Nella and Carboneater fought bravely the pirates in their first major attack.

• Giner - Templar Knight acknowledged by me (Nikoy), good warrior, very good coordinator and community builder.

• marion! Of course - marion! she was the biggest troublemaker I (Nikoy) have ever seen. Coming and going from the Order of Temlar, sometimes friendly to us, but mostly shouting against us, warmongering all the time, loving and hating, but also cheating and lying... very interesting and contradictory person.

• Tyr - I (Thaumaturg) know Tyr especially for the period when he became a pirate so don't know much from the previous period of time. As a pirate, alongside his slaves made a lot of trouble in the game.

• Mac - Mac needs no comment as all of us know him.

Last edited by Aurion on Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:49; edited 9 times in total
Assisi
Councillor of the House

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:20    Post subject: Re: List of notable rulers Reply with quote

## Posted by Aurion :

As the topic came up again in Kosmor.de, i wondered if we ever had something like this here. I didn't find anything right now, and i can't remember anything, so here it is.

The list would be there to preserve some history, and to make people think about the past - and about what is yet to come. It really shows how much has happend when you see a list of rulers and reasons for them being on that list, and half of them you never heard of, or only tales, and then you find someone who played with them right next to you etc.

I also think we need some rules, to ensure that. Here are some ideas of rules i'd like to discuss which i think would be a good start to make sure it serves the goal. The rules should not be to restricting, but if everyone ends up here, there is no point.

I'd also like to get an opinion if we should list both famous and infamous (if any) rulers alike, or make different lists.

Proposed rules:

1. You are not allowed to name yourself - In my opinion, thats just stupid. Everyone tends to nominate himself, which is not the point of this list. You would not even feel special anymore, when everyone else does the same, so aim for others nominating you (without telling them "hey, nominate me, then i'll nominate you"), but by being an example to others or accomplishing feats everyone talks about even years later.

2. You can name up to 3 rulers - To limit it to people you really would like to see up there, often people nominate literally everyone they ever played with

3. To make it on the list, there must be either some special reason, like "built the first H10 in .com", which could be decided upon on a case by case base, or generally being well estemeed/notorious, as shown by the number of people nominating the person.

4. To be named, the player must have left Kosmor.com (for longer then one month/whatever) and not returned. Could include known cases of other people taking over from the original player.

What do you think?

Listing could be done like

• Maelstroem - In possession of the finest tea plantation the universe has ever seen

end of Aurions post ##

-----------------------------------------------------------------

## Assisis original post:

Aurion wrote:
The list would be there to preserve some history

Would be great if many of us would post here and what you wish to happen

Aurion wrote:
Proposed rules:
[list=1][*] You are not allowed to name yourself - In my opinion, thats just stupid.

Indeed but I would have liked to see who is naming himself Very Happy

Aurion wrote:
[*] To make it on the list, there must be either some special reason, like "built the first H10 in .com"

Maybe we should be not so strict ... maybe someone just feel the way he does without no special/serious reason.

End of Assisis original post ##

------------------------

Edited by Aurion for Reason:
sorry to abuse your post Assisi, but i need my own post for the list itself.
Thaumaturg
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 23:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Walker : the first Templar, he built The Order of Templar and left this legacy to those that followed.
2. Nella and Carboneater ( can't say about one and leave the other outside ) : they had a high spirit of sacrifice. They were in a colonization mission and got riped many times by the pirates, but they never forgot their cause and didn't left kosmor because of this. An example from this point of view.
3. Kodro : the best Knight from those that are no more.
4. Michimike : the best experience in kosmor was when he fell down; he was also a very experienced player with a very big ego; he dissapointed me when he didn't continued.
Aurion
Member of the House

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 08:07    Post subject: Re: List of notable rulers Reply with quote

Assisi wrote:
Aurion wrote:
The list would be there to preserve some history

Would be great if many of us would post here and what you wish to happen

Aurion wrote:
Proposed rules:
[list=1][*] You are not allowed to name yourself - In my opinion, thats just stupid.

Indeed but I would have liked to see who is naming himself Very Happy

Aurion wrote:
[*] To make it on the list, there must be either some special reason, like "built the first H10 in .com"

Maybe we should be not so strict ... maybe someone just feel the way he does without no special/serious reason.

You did quote only half of it, you didn't forget the other part, did you? I just feel that if we do not set any requirements, we will end up with a quite big list where literally everyone is on again.

For example, i did have nothing to do with Nella, Carboneater, and i do not associate anything with the name Kodro, to take Thaumas list as an example. I played all the time while they did, and i can't remember a single specific thing they've done. If you asked me "was there ever a player named X", i probably could have told you, but anything else..

The best possible outcome would be that enough people want someone on there, which would guarantee that someone made some impact. Though thats probably not possible, so maybe we should really drop this requirement.

About the self nominating: Well, we can make another list for this Razz
Assisi
Councillor of the House

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well ... you named the topic : "List of notable rulers"

One single person cannot be fully objective about it. Everyone of us will be a bit subjective about what we will select.
Only the majority can be closer to the ideal of being objective ... which is what you also said. But I don't understand which requirement you wish to drop.

About Nella and Carboneater ... I agree with Thauma. They were the kind of guys that anyone of us would have liked to have them by their sides.
I can't believe that Kodro doesn't tells you anything. He was a very important figure in 3502 ... don't remember well the time. maybe you didn't have many links with The Order back than and what happened in that period of time.

Let's hope that this will not be a small chat between us 3 Sad
We have experienced people here that should give their opinion about it ...
Paul_Atreides

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that kodro and walker and sandal belong on the list of notable rulers. Kodro had 40 subordinates at onr point. I eauld slso nominate blanka bellastar chrysander agnar and locutus
Charon

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 14:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the list should be definitely Merthos as well as Agnar and of course Aurion... Smile
Thaumaturg
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 15:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

See, one important aspect is in which part of the galaxy we lived and in which era we were active or most active. From those places and times we have the best memories.

And Aurion didn't left Kosmor but he seem a good guy Razz
Aurion
Member of the House

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 09:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

I indeed did not have much connections with the Order back then. Was busy doing other stuff. You guys were suspect to me back then.

Maybe he wasn't that important as you think, and maybe i'm just getting old Smile

And i would drop requirement 3. Maybe even requirement 2, as you guys are not really paying it attention, and it's really hard.

I would nominate blanka, Agnar, Neireh, Apocalypse, Claudio, Chrysander, Merthos and Ahab.

We also shouldn't forget some of the more notorious ones, Tobi and Michimike.

To keep with the "do not name everyone", i would choose Neireh, Ahab and Apo, the others already got named.

Though there are so many more who shaped the kosmor universe to make it what it is now. I wonder if any single seemingly not important decision over the course of history would have lead to a totally different outcome.

Like, a small player conquered a specific planet back in 3500, and quit some time later, taking the planet with him. In 3505, this planet was exactly the missing link on the escape route of an important wp/fleet.

Did something like this happen? What would have happend if he didn't conquer that planet? Maybe the conquering of that planet somehow lead to the war five years later in the first place. Like, there was a shipyard there, the conquered halted the production, leading to a smaller fleet, which meant the original owner lost the next war, getting integrated to another house, and staying there. In 3505 he then lost some planets to the other side, leading to the aforementioned war, in which the fleet of the enemy got trapped.

Also, i will not leave just because i got nominated. If you want to get rid of me, you have to try harder Razz
Thaumaturg
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 02:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting would be if you say some words about those that you are nominating.
Shouldn't be something exceptional but something must be said. If not, it's pointless to just write some names.
I want to know a bit more about : Merthos, Neireh or if Tobi was more notorious than michimike. Also i remember another guy pimperkale.
So say more.
Aurion
Member of the House

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 07:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Totally forgot, was writing so much else..

Well, michimike should be known to most players currently here. About every year we had a war with him. The good old times, so to say. Though it didn't feel good, and they aren't that old yet. He really was annoying, with his - in my opinion wrong - posts (though nobody will ever think of himself as wrong/guilty, so who knows?), and with his warmongering, but it kept us busy, without him, we would have had to look for other enemies, and there aren't that many players left..

Tobi, well. For those who don't got to know him, imagine michimike, only worse Twisted Evil The wars where petty compared to todays, but they still involved most of the galaxy back then.

Neireh was a good and dear friend of mine, and of many others i believe. Didn't have that much to do with each other in the beginning, but with a short detour involving Gil-Galad and Apo, our houses grew closer.

Merthos, well, Handuro was always fishy back then (to me). The great unknown danger in the south (?) Wink But nothing really happend.

Chrysander was an important member of Kesh, until he founded his own house, BlackStar. I believe we drifted away from each others after that, so to say.

Ahab: Well, he belonged to Gshock back in the days, and while i can't remember it exactly anymore exact how it allhappend, they ended up belonging to Kesh before long. Ahab took over from blanka, and proceeded to make Kesh/The Brotherhood prosper.

Blanka founded Kesh with the beginning of .com, though we both ended up in Hommel for some time. With the fall of Hommel, blanka founded Kesh once again, this time it lasted longer, basically it's still there. The time i was actively working with blanka was the best time in Kosmor i experienced.

Apo took over from Ahab, and proceeded with the line his predecessors did, though unfortunately it didn't last that long. He did a great job nevertheless.

--

* Updated

Last edited by Aurion on Wed Feb 02, 2011 09:23; edited 1 time in total
Paul_Atreides

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 04:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please do post more about those historic times. I remember some but not all of those events. Kesh was the biggest house in the galaxy for a long time. The Order has been bigger and lasted longer, but at one point blanka had most of the north west quadrant and some of the south west. The Order was in the north east. The agnari and noldor were some the civilized inhabitants of the barbaric south. in the old days the fleets were small and the players numerous.
Assisi
Councillor of the House

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 14:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe we should find out much more about the past. It's about our and others legacies. We can also learn from the past and finds roots there.
Because of this ... I kindly ask those that have the information ... to share it with us. Especially the elders Smile
We can contribute more from the year 3503/3504. But I don't know too much about what happened on the big stage of the first years.

I also think that this may help a tiny bit to this game charm and fragrance.

I am ready to reward those guys that are willing to do this. I mean in game rewards and tons of beer if we will sometime meet. I also offer my help in this in many other ways.

Best regards !
Assisi

Last edited by Assisi on Sat Feb 25, 2012 14:46; edited 2 times in total
Aurion
Member of the House

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 09:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe this is not the right thread to be going into greater detail. I'll see that i contribute something useful if someone starts a thread about the history of Kosmor.com as a whole. Please try to be somewhat objective about it.

I allowed myself to edit your post Assisi to make the first post usable for the list itself. To put people like sandal on there, I need some words about them.

I will add everyone fitting the basic guideline (name + short outline) after a few days of no one objecting with good reason.
Assisi
Councillor of the House

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just realized that I wrote a lot in this thread but I didn't nominated no one.

1. Kodro : my first superior and the one that anointed me as a Squire of The Order. Was a worthy Knight, very respected by those that knew him. Also a man of word !
2. Michimike : the perfect archenemy for me Twisted Evil
3. Agnar : sadly when I returned to Kosmor ... he was on his way out (after his defeat in the Agnari-Troja war ) so I never spoke with him but I heard a lot of good stuff about him. And his rpg-post "A Lesson of History" is one of my favorites.
http://www.kosmor.com/forum_int/viewtopic.php?t=9199

[quote="Aurion"]I believe this is not the right thread to be going into greater detail. quote]
I believe that Aurion speaks about the attemp to revive the history of kosmor. And I agree ... this is not the place.

But I will write bellow a link where others before me tried the same thing.
http://www.kosmor.com/forum_int/viewtopic.php?t=6734
Those that want to involve ... should read it well ( also read : http://www.kosmor.com/forum_int/viewtopic.php?t=7626 )
and after this let's try to fill the gaps.

Let's not make the first years to become The Dark Age of kosmor.com.

Best regards !
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kosmor Forum Index -> Kosmor Talk All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: