Kosmor Forum Index
 Search Imprint      SearchSearch     Log inLog in 
 Search Legal      MemberlistMemberlist     ProfileProfile   

Productivity

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Varth

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 03:57    Post subject: Productivity Reply with quote

So the first neutral I got has lower productivity than my HS. Is it even worth building mines on it?
Assisi
Councillor of the House

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 04:33    Post subject: Re: Productivity Reply with quote

Varth wrote:
So the first neutral I got has lower productivity than my HS. Is it even worth building mines on it?

If this means that the productivities are lower than 6 ... then in my opinion it does not worth it to build mines. Better buy from the market. The problem is that the market is not so active in these times.

But a lower productivity means a high growth coefficient ( most probably 160% ) that will make your population to grow faster ... population that at some point you can tax and gain credits.

EDIT : when I said lower than 6 ... I wrote 6 because that's the productivity on the home planet. This DOES NOT mean that if the productivity is 7 or 8 worth to build mines.
This depends on the market prices but my opinion is that you should not build mine in the productivity is not at least 9 ( for titanium, energium and optium ) or 8 for plasma. But this is just on point of view.

Varth

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Um my productivity on my Home planet is 10 across the board. On this planet they are 4,1,8,2

I'll just leave it as a tax planet then Cool
Assisi
Councillor of the House

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 14:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

On your HP you should build plasma mines because plasma is the most needed resource in Kosmor.
Don't know if a level 8 productivity for optium worth to build mines ...
Either way ... few planets with few mines will not allow your factories to build anything in a short term.
If you want to build now ... better buy from the marketplace.
Aurion
Member of the House

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 20:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mines cost literally nothing. One level costs 100 credits/day. With current prices, a productivity of 7 would be enough to gain something compared to buying it.

Prices are a tad lower than average i'd say, so a productivity of 5 or even 3 might be enough in the long run. Of course, theres no need to go that low ocec you got enough planets with higher rates, still it wouldn't be wrong.

While a few planets with a low productivity will not produce much in only a few days, many a mickle makes a muckle.

This doesn't have to stop you from buying the stuff you need right now, as you got enough money to do so.
Assisi
Councillor of the House

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 01:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aurion is entirely right if we reduce all to mathematics. But like this you will always have to look at the prices and at the market status. The market can be even less active than this period and the prices can go even lower.

For example ... let's take today's prices.
It's 16 for optium and energium. With some few exeptions in the past ... I believe that this is the average price. This means that with a 6 productivity it's not worth to mine. Must be at least 7.

The same with titanium where the average is a bit higher but not too much.
With plasma is a different situation because is much expensive.

I tried to write some numbers that will make anyone not bother about how the market works, etc.

Regards !
Assisi
Aurion
Member of the House

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 09:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

The current prices were/are slightly below the average, at least the average of the last 100 days, it doesn't keep the old data.

And as Kosmor is already running some time, and the timespan being tracked is 100 days, i think it's not like we have to expect a drop to a price of 15 or 10 for plasma, and 5-10 lower for the rest.

There is nothing wrong with not building mines on planets with a productivity of 5, but there is nothing wrong in doing so, either.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kosmor Forum Index -> Questions and Answers All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: