Kosmor Forum Index
 Search Imprint      SearchSearch     Log inLog in 
 Search Legal      MemberlistMemberlist     ProfileProfile   

New Player, all ready quiting

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TigerBlood

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 00:29    Post subject: New Player, all ready quiting Reply with quote

LOL yup, I looked underneath my home planet and everything said inactive except for pro use. You all gotta be kidding me if you all think you will have any kind of new players that arent young kids who know no better that this "Game" is a "BIG" waist of there time. There is noway i would give anygame any "$" until i can figure out if its worth it. This game does'nt even give me that chance.
You all should put a "TURN" limit of those "pro player" only options, so players like me can figure out if its worth my time and "Maybe my $" but no way in "HELL" will this game get anymore of my "Time" than it took to get to where im at now.

Bu Bye.
Assisi
Councillor of the House

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 09:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I can say is ... Thank God !!!
Paul_Atreides

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 15:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

He has a point. The interface is poorly designed for several things. If I want to build batches of L12, T12, S12 every day, I can't use the buttons. There are buttons for 1, 5, and 10. The ships I build require 60 lasers. The buttons are designed for tiny imperators building Fighters, not large plaers with hundreds of planets. There should be a button for "Max possible" which would use all factory capacity if enough supplies were available. There should also be a way to build the inputs for something even when you already have those inputs available. As it is, you can only build the necessary supplies if you have run out of them. It should be possible to quickly build a stockpile of supplies for future use.

I want to be able to build the components for a H10 or H11 with just a few clicks. As it is now, I have to mess with the buttons and then the browser URL to make components and supplies. Very annoying and not at all fun. An emperor wants be be able to automate or delegate fleet production to some degree. What's the point of being ruler of a hundred worlds if you have to build every ship with 50 tedious clicks at 10 different factories? Interglactic emperor is a tedious job and I tire of it.
Aurion
Member of the House

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 18:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, he didn't talk about the interface, but thats really a thing that would need an update if not for Kosmor 2, which will be a usability dream (we can dream, right?).

But yeah, he has somewhat of a point, i like to try out things, too, before i pay for them, and i refuse to pay for a lot because i couldn't try it before (i'm not that inclined to buy myself some game advantage anyways though), but on the other hand, it's not unusual that you have to pay upfront before being able to try out what you'd get. Even full games, which cost you way more than Kosmor.

Kosmor 2 probably should offer some way to try it. Maybe like the 30 days the members of the high council (like me) got at the start of .com. Maybe let them choose when to use it, though theres the question if there has to be a time limit before it expires.

Also, there is the question wether all features should be available. Imagine a non-pro suddenly activating a 600 ly jump.

Maelstroem hopefully thought about things like that already Wink
Assisi
Councillor of the House

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 02:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't matter too much if he is right or not.
We and many before us discussed many times these issues that he brought up to our attention ...
What bothered me was his tone Evil or Very Mad
He could have said all that he said in a different way.

But like this ... I am very happy that this guy will not stay here with us !!!
Now he made me to waste time on his post Mad
Aurion
Member of the House

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 08:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course the tone was not appropriate. I initially thought about deleting the post, or at least locking the thread, but he has a point, and it doesn't look like he would post a lot more mosts like this Smile
Maelstroem
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 13:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

K1 certainly is a usability mess (designed in 2002 and still running Wink) - thats what K2 will fix, and I am more than sure that it will shine.

The main credo to not milk players´ money for "ingame items" as many other browsergames do will not be changed, that is why there will be "pro-features" and "non-pro-features". Unfortunately the original poster never had a deeper look into the game itself to understand that he will need planetary upgrade buildings relatively late in the gameplay, if at all.

What i´ve learned here is to not present anything saying "can be only used as a pro" on the basic interface screens. It may turn off newbie players thinking "man, this game is a total rip-off".

Good bye and have a great weekend!
Maelstroem
BLACK_BEARD

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 16:32    Post subject: Arrr..... a pirate in the making?! Reply with quote

(OOC) TigerBlood is not a knob/newbie by his comments. He would have been a fine addition to the game! If he had a few ships and support ohh... who knows..... could have given the powers that be a run for your money. Smile [TIGERBLOOD: BSE, RIP PLAYER OF OLD?]
Aurion
Member of the House

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 19:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless it's an "elaborate" plan, to do - well, to do what? , i assume that he is new, if he played before for at least as long as he did know, he would have known what awaits him, and would not have started.

Also, @Paul: I assume you know that you can copy and adjust the link? It's not much better for things like building a H11, but you really don't want to make 2000 m2 on the same day or something like that without (not that you have to that often, but if..)
Giner

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 18:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems ive missed alot...
Thaumaturg
Commander

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 10:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Giner! Yes, you missed some.
Darkflame

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 21:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maelstroem wrote:
K1 certainly is a usability mess (designed in 2002 and still running Wink) - thats what K2 will fix, and I am more than sure that it will shine.

The main credo to not milk players´ money for "ingame items" as many other browsergames do will not be changed, that is why there will be "pro-features" and "non-pro-features". Unfortunately the original poster never had a deeper look into the game itself to understand that he will need planetary upgrade buildings relatively late in the gameplay, if at all.

What i´ve learned here is to not present anything saying "can be only used as a pro" on the basic interface screens. It may turn off newbie players thinking "man, this game is a total rip-off".

Good bye and have a great weekend!
Maelstroem

Yeah, I own a game that charges for in game items, but has a status much like "pro". Although, it's in it's beta stages, as I just started to get into .php. Although mine is an RPG, but I'm really interested in incorporating some an strategy mod in it.

Have you considered breaking up k2 into smaller files though? Because I just went through most of the links, and it seems that everything correlates off of index.php and is decided off of an action. It would cause less demand off of the file as well, you would just have to update the database queries appropriately, which shouldn't change that much. Likewise will k2 be one game, able to be played in both German and English? If anything, it should be able to be easily switched out by modifying the header according to a user preference, with the exception of mails.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kosmor Forum Index -> Kosmor Talk All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: