Kosmor Forum Index
 Search Imprint      SearchSearch     Log inLog in 
 Search Legal      MemberlistMemberlist     ProfileProfile   

how this game engine functions ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Giner

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 09:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

the WP movement and attack is done in ID order, if you look at the GN it will show the players with lower IDs conquering planets first however this rule is disregarded when a WP jump happens.
michimike

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 05:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would neither call it bugs nor features.
It's just the way the processor works and it could be a little advantage if you know how it works.

But this ID-thing, which Maelstroem just called "random" - maybe because it would be difficult to explain or maybe because it should stay a secret, as it is never mentioned anywhere - is less important than the game processor order in the technical datasheet, appendix A in the help file, which every player can read. This, in fact, IS important for real gamers. And there is just a little thing to add to point 10 and 11: it is not "move & fight", it is more like: first move, then calculate fights, then all fights. This explains nearly every "mystery" that appears to those of you, who don't understand, how the processor works or who didn't read the datasheet. Although if jumpdrive moves happen before normal warplanet moves, there won't be earlier fights. first all warplanets move, then: fights calculated. this thing with the jump is just important for following other warplanets, not for fights, but I think this is a thing you easily find out ingame, if you once try to follow a jumping warplanet and once by jumping to a moving warplanet.

I admit, this thing with the 1 LY range for fights (but exact coordinates for moves) is a little unfair as it is not shown in the help. So this was an advantage, but know everybody knows and the rest you can calculate on your own out of the facts. If you are able to think rational you don't even have to do trials.
Assisi
Councillor of the House

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 09:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why it should stay secret ???
If the older players have a small advantages it's ok. But we should at least know about it. Now it's fair enough.

You say that was not so important. Maybe ... for a basic kind of play. But in a serious war ... this intel was very important !!!
But once again ... we knew that. We didn't knew about the jump move that happens before a normal WP move. We didn't payed attention to this and cost us. That's why he had mixed up results and we didn't trust the data we had.

Regards !
Assisi
Ayur

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 02:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

it would be unfair if maelstroem had explained it in private for some of the players, leaving the others in the dark...
but that's not the case and so you cannot call it "unfair" if either one player uses his intellect more intense or correcter than the other or has made more or other experience. that's just life!
Thaumaturg
Commander

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 04:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is unfair because the engine of a game is like the laws of physichs in this universe.

And i think that few people discovered this (maybe those are not even playing anymore) and now too many are geting credit for it RazzRazzRazz. This would be embarrassing Embarassed

I believe that is more about experince than inteligence. If you don't need that information and don't know about it's existance you will not try to discover.

So chill out guys and thanks to those that shared !
Thaumaturg
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 07:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

I come to you with another problem.

Game processor order:
11) Warplanet movement (move and fight)
17) Ship retreat processing

Yesterday Nikoy tried to destroy some golis of michi that he didn't intended to destroy before in case michi is coming back. He did it now for experience of his ships.
The day before i integrated michi so those golis were on a planet of mine.
In the same time, yesterday, Aurion integrated michi and Nikoy attacked only my planet and a goli that was mine because michi's fleet moved to a planet of Aurion.

But as you see in the "Game processor order", the retreat of the ships should have happened after Nikoy's attack.

Do i miss anything ?

Thaumaturg
Maelstroem
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

wait for k2 to get rid of all concurrency problems
Assisi
Councillor of the House

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 14:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see a similar situation ( with that that Thauma had a while ago ) with Claudiu fighting the sly.

In 313/07 Claudiu was 2 LY from a planet of sly with the order to attack it. Sly had some 35 K there.

On 314/07 charles integrated sly and sly's fleet jumped away. But the game processor order say that "Ship retreat processing" is on position 17 while the the WP movement is on position 11.
So the attack should have happened first !!!

Don't know if helps ... but I believe that in 313/07 sly gave the sell order for that planet to mac.

So ... why these things happens over and over again ?

Regards!
Assisi
Maelstroem
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Assisi,

sorry, fixing the problem in the old K1 engine is not very easy, but K2 is already visible on the horizon!

Greets,
Maelstroem
Assisi
Councillor of the House

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 06:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey there,

At least the data from Game processor order should be modified so we know what we are doing ...
Also ... I want to know if this kind of situation works like this all the time ...
This way ... we can also use it in our advantage.

And please don't tell me that is random Razz

Regards !
Assisi
Maelstroem
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Assisi,

the game processor order listed in the documentation appendix is correct, but there are certain situations, where parallel execution of things should occur, but cannot occur in the old V1 engine. An example would be two WPs with fleets, ships attacking each other... Who will strike first? It is undefined, and some cases in conjunction with retreats (e.g. triggered by planet sales to an imperator that gets conquered in the same turn) can make things really difficult to understand. Thatīs what K2 will really simplify, as every event has a certain "ticked" date and every game entity (wp, fleet) never has the ability to travel with "infinite speed", which is the case in K1.

Greets,
Maelstroem
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kosmor Forum Index -> Questions and Answers All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: