Kosmor Forum Index
 Search Imprint      SearchSearch     Log inLog in 
 Search Legal      MemberlistMemberlist     ProfileProfile   

K2 Development Media Feedback

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aurion
Member of the House

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:52    Post subject: K2 Development Media Feedback Reply with quote

I think we should have a general feedback thread, before everyone makes his own (good joke with all the activity here, i know, but still, it doesn't hurt).

I really like what i saw. Well, except the guy in the lower..nah, joking.

To be honest, it's really good. I like that it's more of an overlay or additional window instead of switching like it is currently, as you often need to look something up (where was he again? Did he jump today or was that yesterday?), so you had to open like 3-4 windows, especially when dealing with multiple different messages.

The zooming is a nice and useful feature too. I don't use it much currently with the .svg map, because it's way to slow and doesn't allow you to interact with the game in any way, but with the new map, it will definitively be easier to project the course of people or measure the distance, which currently is a bit of an effort when it's not within 200 LY (half the visible navigation map, cause clicking one target causes it to center on it).

Also, the grouping sound good, especially with the ability to send messages to group. Maybe allow autoforwarding of messages from a chosen sender (player/group/gpu) or even with specific type (like battle report, resignation of subordinates and so, basically all the messages from the gpu).

I also got a question, is everything there sortable? Like the messages or address book, for example by sender, subject, house, date etc.?

And will messages be kept longer then 60 days? Or only if archived? Any limit on the size of the archive? Or number of notes? As archived messages and notes are there to stay, so it could bloat if one decided to archive literally everything and to take extensive notes.

How long can messages be? Like, 60000 characters or something? Do formatting options, like bolding count, too? As you need to do [b][/b] for example here in the forum. It wasn't shown like that, but it could be invisble. With a sufficient mesage size, thats not a problem, but still.

Another thing, any news on a house forum? And any plans on when you will do a beta?
Maelstroem
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 15:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Aurion,

thanks for your feedback. To answer your questions:
* standard messages are kept only a limited number of days as in K1, maybe 120 days or so.
* messages in the archive are not deleted after this number of days, but the maximum number of messages in there is limited to 500 messages, which should suffice.
* notes are also limited to 500 pieces, which should suffice even for the most insane note-takers Wink
* maximum message length is limited to about 50.000 characters. Regarding this, battle reports will be shortened, even for large battles. Formatting code counts, too. It uses basic html markup internally, but the editing is done using visual tools (click buttons - you do not write <b>Blah</b>). Also, it will feature full UTF-8 character support, so you can have nice and not-so nice characters all over.
* all list views in K2 are sortable, so you could sort for subject, sender, date in the messages list, or for tags in the notes list for example.
* no news on the house forum (called house board), which i have nice dev plans for, but not realized them yet. do not want to outsource to india Wink
* also, no news on a beta date. sorry. need to work harder Sad
Assisi
Councillor of the House

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked the video and these improved aspects makes me sure that the rest will exceed my expectations also.
But when we will see a video about how the game will work ? I mean about the engine ...

Also ... Maelstroem seems to be a nice guy Smile. Am I right or not ? Very Happy
Cleric
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 20:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is K2 up and running yet?
Aurion
Member of the House

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 20:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, not yet. And no, there is no official (or unofficial) word on when it will start yet, but i would expect it no later than this century.

And in case you wonder: Maelstroem removed all traces of the video we were talking about, because he somehow felt unhappy about it or something. The exact reason is only available in the facebook Kosmor group.
Cleric
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 20:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok. I was hopeing that K2 would be up and running before my return, but oh well. I looked for the clip and could'nt find it, and thats why. lol. thanx.
Aurion
Member of the House

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 21:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice work @Paradyne
Nikoy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 17:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Development goest slowly, but steadily. So I have one question to Maelstroem: how the transfer between K1 ---> K2 will be arranged?

1. Is the Galaxy the same?
2. Will the current structures and stocks on our planets be kept as they are?
3. Will the ships be kept?
4. Will the planet settings (tax, transfers) and properties be kept?

If in any of this cases something doesn't fit how it will be re-arranged?

Happy New Year!
Nikoy
Aurion
Member of the House

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 00:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

He once said that everything will be transfered in proportion, so the total values will change, but the relative values will be the same, so it will not change the power balance, at least not the transfer itself.

To answer some things as i understand them from what i know about Kosmor 2:

As the galaxy features now clusters, unless he simply "randomly" categorizes planets into clusters, it can not be the same.

Also, there will be different goods and structures, not sure how he is going to manage this, with old ones disappearing, new ones coming into play?

Same with ships, he said the relative power will be preserved, but if ships change? Unless it's still perfectly possible (while not advisable) to build exact the same ships as they are now.

And with the new universal storage (he did mention that..or was that somewhere else? Way to late/early to look it up now), transfer shouldn't be needed/possible.
Maelstroem
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 19:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there,
as Aurion said, everything from K1 can be converted into K2 entities, maybe not everything is the same, e.g. some buildings are not present anymore and others will appear, but it will all stay in relative proportion... meaning, if you had four stars of size 2 before, you will get one star of size eight... ships will be converted as far as possible (they will have a slot system and cannot be converted 1:1). But surely, there needs to be some reorganization and ship refitting, once it has started. But the test games, first!

Greets,
Maelstroem
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kosmor Forum Index -> Kosmor Talk All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: