Kosmor Forum Index
 Search Imprint      SearchSearch     Log inLog in 
 Search Legal      MemberlistMemberlist     ProfileProfile   

The greatest Fight ever
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nikoy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 18:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, both of you are right: The fleets indeed increase with the time, but in any case "kknz" can not be calculated. Small example: I could build great fleet during my years in Kosmor, but most of the time (as right now) I am simply NOT building ships! One builds as many ships as he (1) can and (2) needs.
Aurion
Member of the House

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 07:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, fleet size increased all the time. Both in .de and in .com. Why shouldn't it increase more now?

When looking at my finances, and taking into account what i know about other people, i can say that you can sustain a 300k+ fleet quite a long time. Of course your planets might not be enough. But i actually have more money now then i had when i began expanding my fleet.

The issue is not about planets, about the upkeep, about subordinates, but about war. Given enough wars, you can sustain a fleet indefinitely - or you will lose it.

If you lose it, you will get that much money that you can support a huge fleet again, or someone else will conquer you and get a huge chunk of money. I believe that you are right that we had more conflicts in the past, but until now, most, if not all players had always enough money as far as i know.

I believe it didn't become more difficult, maybe it became even easier. If your sub got conquered, you would suddenly lose quite a lot money.

Now, you either own the planets yourself, and you won't lose them without losing your fleet, or someone else has way more planets then he should have (as in, the 56th planet is taxed with 95% star redistribution tax).

If i would not have any fleet, i would make more money that i have now in less then 3 months.

About the first years: I don't think people could have built that much more. There were, as you said yourself, a lot of conflicts, and everything, every planet, every factory had to be build first.

kknz may not be that realistic, but it's good to compare stuff, we don't have anything better. Fights really should be bigger by now. Michi had 600k alone, both you (Templar) and we (Noldor/Brotherhood/Thalgados, whatever) had enough cp to counter that, maybe not on a single wp, but in total. Look at .de, 8 fights with more than a million cp destroyed.
Thaumaturg
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 05:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

My fellow templars tried to give kosmor.com a big battle but michi prefered to run away Sad. that's why we were forced to split and to get his subs and himself one by one and not together.

Aurion is maybe right when he says that battles should be bigger but Assisi is right too when he talks about the actual conditions in .com that does not allow that, excepting some unusual situations like this war was.
Now is how everyone prefer to see the situation. Like Nikoy said, being a diplomat Smile

Dont know how this kknz calculate things but in 4-5 years the war between Templar&Allies vs. AustrianAlliance&Ori& pirates will not be so actual. So the diferences in time between Aurion's fight and Assisi's will not be so big. So in time this 950k fight will be biger even if it will be adjusted. at least i guess so.
Aurion
Member of the House

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 09:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know the reasons, i was there Wink

Depending on how it's really calculated, it might be that the fight is bigger then, though i would say it wouldn't make sense. If a fight is not as big as it should have been, that doesn't change with even more time passing.

I understand the other way to see it, too.

Well, who knows, K2 might bring some reason to fight more often.
Paul_Atreides

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 22:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Credits for upkeep of massive fleets become a limiting factor. In a large house with many subordinates, the leader's WP can hold more fleet than he himself could pay to upkeep. Smaller imperators must pay to maintain their own ships rather than use fleet of others.
Thaumaturg
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 02:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Galactic news of the day 360/3508:
Lord of the House Assisi (house Nemesis) conquered a solar system
from Major mac (house prinz) (destroyed combat power: 1456502

Is this the greatest battle ever in kosmor?

Go go Nemesis !
Geier

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 02:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it is the greates fight... (greatest for us ^^)

http://kosmor.ath.cx/com/gn_top_50.php
Aurion
Member of the House

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting, it's only slightly bigger then a four year old battle when adjusting. I wonder what cp we would have if it would have grown steadily.

Still, very impressive. Though nearly a month too late for the big fireworks Wink
Assisi
Councillor of the House

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 08:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaumaturg wrote:
Galactic news of the day 360/3508:
Lord of the House Assisi (house Nemesis) conquered a solar system
from Major mac (house prinz) (destroyed combat power: 1456502

Well ... I am still fighting the toughest "battle" of my life until now ... as my 2nd child (a boy) was born a week ago. I don't sleep too much and I have little time for kosmor.
Luckily ... I planned everything before the "bang" and things went preety smooth Smile

About the battle ... it is indeed the biggest in .com until now.
Too bad that Tyr and mac refused to fight my house fleet in 359/08. They were forced anyway to do it in 360/08. Instead of 1456K CP ... would have probably been around 1600K CP. But they choosed to let goddes fleet to be destroyed first (around 96K CP)

About the adjusting system (kknz)... hmmm I told my opinion before and I maintain it even now Razz
Also ... in between the "four year old battle " (64/3504) and 360/08 the house Nemesis participated in 2 other major fights and many small ones:
- the 2nd position (951K CP) - lost my entire fleet there.
- the 11th position (354K CP)

My last comment is just to atract Aurion here once more. I didn't wrote on the forum for so much time and seems that I've missed it Wink

I will log here later and write more details about the parties involved, etc.
Assisi
Councillor of the House

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 04:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assisi wrote:

I think that a good PRO account allows anyone to maintain around 220 K.
The rest should be from:
- sales (the market in .com is almost dead BUT was active enough in the first years)
- feeders ( but if you took my example: Thaumaturg and Thingol were my feeders for some time; Thauma became more active and involved in war so he is not my feeder and Thingol just told me that he will be active again now that the war is done - this can happen to the rest too; there is also the situation where a feeder of you quits the game ... this can change a lot your strategy.
- subs ( the number of the subs is much smaller compared to the situation from 3501 - at some point Kodro had at least 10 subs )
- wars - I believe that the number of conflicts were greater in the past.

From my late calculation ... a single very good PRO account can pay for a fleet of at least 300 K (without any aid from subs, etc.).

I believe it was harder some time ago because of a bigger start redistribution tax
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kosmor Forum Index -> Kosmor Talk All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: