Kosmor Forum Index
 Search Imprint      SearchSearch     Log inLog in 
 Search Legal      MemberlistMemberlist     ProfileProfile   

GPU Trader

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kosmor Forum Index -> Feedback / suggestions for improvement
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Giner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:39    Post subject: GPU Trader Reply with quote

With the marketplace pretty dried up, how about a GPU controlled trader or however you wish to call it.

I would think it could buy your unwanted products for a fixed price generally alot lower than you would receive from trading with other guys.

And then sell the products it has bought for a price generally higher than the price you could receive from trading with other guys too.

With this it could add more traffic to the marketplace and compensate for the lower amount of players.

Last edited by Giner on Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:12; edited 1 time in total
alphabravo
Major

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

the GPU already buys and sells a number of supplies and resources, I think that if you want to promote the use of the marketplace more, you should offer stuff / request stuff, or kill people's fleets so they need to rebuild. Rebuilding always means people use more stuff.
Locutus

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the GPU only buys 800 of each resource, hardly enough to make any effect on the actual market.

I think one big reason behind the lack of market activity is the lack of players.
Giner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes the lack of players, and if it only buys 800 of each resource then like Locutus said, wouldn't make much of an impact. But if the GPU bought/sold more then trade could become abit better.
alphabravo
Major

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, the 800 is a bit low then I guess for ressies, maybe selling 10k or something of each resource at above production prices (maybe 30 credits per unit), and buying at 5 credits per unit.
Aurion
Member of the House

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 17:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, destryoing fleets does not increase the demand for, like Laser Tech 8 or D9.

Sometime, when i trade planets, i just put all stuff i don't want on them and get rid of it, as there is no other way.
alphabravo
Major

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 17:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

why would there be any demand for L8/D9 ? they're components for not very effective ships.
Giner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 18:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

God alpha it was only an example "GAWWWD" Wink
Aurion
Member of the House

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats the whole point. Not needed for the ships currently used, so no one buys/builds them (except if they don't know/by accident/to trade money..whatever). So its like this goods would not exist.

Maelstroem could rename everything to correspond to the hull level, so a H4 would use Tech 4, and not 6, and H10 would use Tech 10, and not 12 and so. And then, he could delete everything except 1, 4, 10 and 11, and no one* would notice.

*The amount of H9, and even more so the rest, is negligible

A GPU trader would not solve this problems, but at least you could get rid of the things you acquired.
Locutus

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

This doesn't really pertain to the GPU trader topic, but earlier I (and someone else in DE, I think) proposed an idea for a 'disassembler' pro building that would take any parts and disassemble them into their components/resources. This would make some of the useless parts somewhat useful, at least.

Edit: On another note, what the heck? Resources are going for only 1 credit a piece? This is madness.
Giner

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 13:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madness? This is KOSMOR.COM!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kosmor Forum Index -> Feedback / suggestions for improvement All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: