Kosmor Forum Index
 Search Imprint      SearchSearch     Log inLog in 
 Search Legal      MemberlistMemberlist     ProfileProfile   

Dumb/Funny Ideas
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kosmor Forum Index -> Feedback / suggestions for improvement
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Locutus
Guest





PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 13:16    Post subject: Dumb/Funny Ideas Reply with quote

None of these ideas are serious. I just think some of these might be funny or have funny consequences if they were implemented. Maybe we could implement some of these in a 'joke' tournament and see how the game goes Very Happy

Superordinate Tax:
What should you do if you think your superordinate is doing a bad job? Take their money!

100.000ly Jumpdrive that you can only use once per year:
Once you activate it you have to wait 1 year before you can do anything, and while you are there, all your planets will probably get taken. (I suppose an interesting strategy would be to convince a lot of new players to 'jump' to some area, and then establish a stronghold there.)

Death:
If your WP gets conquered, you lose everything. Obviously this would have horrible consequences, and it would be truly difficult to build a truly substantial empire.

Rename planets:
People who wanted to be really offensive would have a great deal of fun with this one Very Happy
Back to top
Black-Skull
Guest





PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 07:34    Post subject: Re: Dumb/Funny Ideas Reply with quote

Locutus wrote:
None of these ideas are serious. I just think some of these might be funny or have funny consequences if they were implemented. Maybe we could implement some of these in a 'joke' tournament and see how the game goes Very Happy

Superordinate Tax:
What should you do if you think your superordinate is doing a bad job? Take their money!

100.000ly Jumpdrive that you can only use once per year:
Once you activate it you have to wait 1 year before you can do anything, and while you are there, all your planets will probably get taken. (I suppose an interesting strategy would be to convince a lot of new players to 'jump' to some area, and then establish a stronghold there.)

Death:
If your WP gets conquered, you lose everything. Obviously this would have horrible consequences, and it would be truly difficult to build a truly substantial empire.

Rename planets:
People who wanted to be really offensive would have a great deal of fun with this one Very Happy


To Superordinate Tax :

Well, i think that this thing would be are very crazy. I believe this improvement would work how the corruption in the realworld. I think it would be are better, if the Superordinate must pay for ships of servants, which strengten his WP. That would prevent monster-WPs and would integrate a cashsystem where the Superordinate get money throught the tax, and give back this money throught the militarypayments.

To 100.000ly Jumpdrive:

No that would be a tool without any use-worth. It would only make problem, if for a example a newbie use this tool, jump 100.000 LJ and stand then in the planetless area. He would need to long to reach the next planet. To fly back, would need for example 595 days (incl. 600 LJ Jump)! I hope you see, which dimensions a such jump would have.

To Death:

No Yoke, but a such propose made Maelstroem in Kosmor.de 3 or 4 years in past. It would be very usefull, if the dying charakter are reborn and gets from his old position a number of Advantages, which a new normal player don't have. The factor to stand in a highscore, would be also a stimulus to play Kosmor ... But unfortunately it gives facts, which make it difficult to improve Kosmor with a such improvement.
Many players don't wont die. They want live endless, and don't want exchange his mighty empire against a mightless Newbie-empire. The Reborn-Advantages would help - of cource - but unfortunately would it give also players, which give all her Own to a Own-holder, do die, are reborn, gets Advantages, get her old Own. It would be, so a account-farming, to collect good Advantages and give them later to powerful players.

Rename planets:

To give the players the option to Rename Things would content a risk.
If a guy rename a planet for example in 'Adolf Hitler' or 'Jude-verrecke'
would be that a very great problem. Its are verbidden to write such slogans. Well - Ships we can also name, but it give a very big difference.

If a guy named a planet, are this planet directly visible on the map. Should this guy left Kosmor, will the bad name survive the dead of the bad player. Should a other player observe later this planet - he think 'Maelstroem is a Nazi', because this planet are neutral and it gives no remark which player have renamed this planet in this wise.

If a guy named a ship, he will always are the owner of this ship. Should a other player read the bad name, Maelstroem can delete the bad player, and so are all ships with bad names deleted too.

Okay - Maelstroem could build bad-Word-list -, but if a guy name a planet so 'A-d-olf-H-I-tL-er' he could pass the badwordlist and so we would have the some problem.
Back to top
Giner
Guest





PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 08:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

Black-Skull don't take this too seriously! Wink

Chuck Norris Class Ship Wink

When a player manages to pass a certain amount of experience on a ship, that ship is automatically upgraded to increase the shield points and combat power.

Special Ability on ships

The ability to create a special component for each ship class which when activated perform a special move in combat causing more damage or bonuses to the victim/attacker respectively.

100% Tax

To raise the tax to 100% on certain solar systems if they didn't pull there weight (figuratively Wink) or if you just don't like the name of the solar system Razz.

Super Ship Control

The superordinate/leader of a house is able to control the whole amount of ships on his/her WP, useful if an enemy integrates into the house and places a ship on the WP for recon purposes to seperate it far away as punishment or to enable more combat between WPs.
Back to top
Assisi
Councillor of the House


Joined: 25 Jan 2007
Posts: 314
Location: Bucuresti , Romania

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 08:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think that it is forbiden to name something "Adolf Hitler" ...
Well ... also I don't see the reason to do it Smile
But this simple name ... if there is no dangerous context is harmless.
So let's not exagerate .

Expressions like the 2nd you used ( don't really know what means but I can guess ) are indeed dangerous.

P.S. : If a stupid guy says things like this doesn't mean always that he is antisemite.
_________________
Councilor of the House Assisi in the house Nemesis
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gozer
Commander


Joined: 25 Oct 2007
Posts: 16

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 15:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Giner wrote:
Black-Skull don't take this too seriously! Wink

Chuck Norris Class Ship Wink

When a player manages to pass a certain amount of experience on a ship, that ship is automatically upgraded to increase the shield points and combat power.


A true Chuck Norris ship would immediately destroy all other ships in the galaxy and seize control of all planets, establishing a Galactic Chuckocracy.
_________________
Commander Gozer in the house Gozerian
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Giner
Guest





PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 16:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't want to take it OTT Wink.
Back to top
michimike
Guest





PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 08:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

"superordinate taxes" and "death" don't really fit. first you integrate someone, who loses everything and then he may get money from you? Rolling Eyes
Back to top
Nikoy
Guest





PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 19:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assisi wrote:
I don't think that it is forbiden to name something "Adolf Hitler" ...

Yes, such things are forbidden in Germany and as Kosmor is german game, probably german laws apply here too...?
Back to top
Aurion
Member of the House


Joined: 31 Jan 2004
Posts: 591
Location: Alpha Section

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

As the server hosting Kosmor is standing in Germany, i would say German laws apply. Also:

Quote:
9. Terms of use and game rules:
    6. If users recognize errors, illegal content or any other irregular things, they must instantly contact the administration.
    7. The user is obligated not to post any offensive, illegal, displeasing or objectionable content. In particular, any kind of radical, extremistic, youth-endangering or pornographic content is strictly forbidden. 8. If knoblach technologies recognizes an illegal action of any user, it may report personal information to the local law enforcement agencies.


Which means you would have to report it if you see something like "Maelstroem is a Nazi". Then, he could and would take care of it. If someone wants to break the rules, its always possible,we can only make it as hard as possible and prevent further damage. As there are enough ways to include offensive content, i don't think its a reason to prevent naming planets, even if it makes it easier, as you got an additional names.

Planets could also revert to standard names once neutral.
_________________
Member of the House Aurion in the house Ashera
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Nikoy
Guest





PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 18:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, offencive or at least "not politically correct" names may occur even by chance. There is one planet called "Gypsy" and at least in my country the gypsies do not like to be called gypsies! They prefer the term "Roma" although not all of them are from the tribe "Roma"... Other way around - in my country the black people were used to be called "Neger", which is not offensive at all and only the last years started to be avoided, because of the American influence... So it is practically impossible to be "politically correct" in the international scene, because it is so mixed with different cultures.

About German laws: In almost every law has a statement that "not knowing the law can not be an excuse for not following it", but in this case I think in the "Terms of use and game rules" of Kosmor MUST be written if there is NOT to be used the name "Hitler" or "nazi" or whatever... Such things are not illegal in most of the world's countries and Germany is some kind of exception... so we need to know that this is forbidden if it is!

To use your quote Aurion:
Quote:
9. Terms of use and game rules:

6. If users recognize errors, illegal content or any other irregular things, they must instantly contact the administration.
7. The user is obligated not to post any offensive, illegal, displeasing or objectionable content. In particular, any kind of radical, extremistic, youth-endangering or pornographic content is strictly forbidden. 8. If knoblach technologies recognizes an illegal action of any user, it may report personal information to the local law enforcement agencies.
Let me take the bold text and comment it:
offensive - what can be offensive for some people can not be offensive for others.
illegal - this depends on the different laws - as we commented we are from different countries and our laws are different - so WHICH laws? If as you say german laws apply because the server is in Germany, this will be valid only for the server! For Giner english laws apply because Giner is in England, for Assisi Romanian laws will apply and so on... Also it is a bit unfare to be expected that all the WORLD knows the german laws!
displeasing - the same as offensive - different people are pleased or displeased from different things. And even if there are some mild "displeasers" common for all, if they are mild if should be OK, so - who sets the threshold?
objectionable - come on - almost everything is objectionable! And there is nothing bad in objecting the things!
radical, extremistic, youth-endangering - also are not very finely defined terms...
From all till now only pornographic can be more precisely defined, but still not for absolute sure. Where is the border between the "Art" and "Pornography"? Who sets this border?

As conclusion I would say that this rules are there only to protect Maelly from getting in troubles with his laws, nothing else. Take it easy, but keep it fare and polite to each-other.
Back to top
Cleric
Commander


Joined: 31 Jan 2004
Posts: 311
Location: Behind you

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 20:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

As for german law goes, i couldn't care less. Im american always! Let them come get me here, lol. never happen, especially in Texas. Now if i went back to germany, then i would follow the law. Cops there aren't as nice as they are here. lol
i would not disrespect Maelstroem, because this is his game and site.

USA!
=)
_________________
Commander Cleric in the house LINERS--007
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Aurion
Member of the House


Joined: 31 Jan 2004
Posts: 591
Location: Alpha Section

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 09:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't matter where you come from, only which laws apply to the forum as far as i known. If you travel to China it doesn't matter that you are allowed to sneeze at home or whatever.

Its not unusual that people get sent back only because the home country agreed to the judgement.

And of course these terms are not well defined, but its not like Maelstroem would have used special terms. Even in general law its the same. Nothing to do with online.

It has much to do with common sense, previous judgement and case by case decisions.

Of course the rules are mostly there because there are laws about that, to protect him from getting trouble. But this is also the case if you make trouble. He can delete your account, even if you paid money, because you broke the rules. If he does without reason, you could probably sue him.

Most times the worst that can happen is that Maelstroem will delete your account, but thats because of the nature of this website. If you scam people...

And of course you can not know every single German law. Neither do i. Despite that, i did not get in trouble with law yet. So is it necessary to know them? No. Its common sense. Most times, laws do not differ that much, only in what will result out of breaking them.

And everybody should be intelligent enough to know that anything Nazi related is very special in Germany, and should avoid this as much as possible, and not try to find a single loophole, and then complain he couldn't know it wasn't allowed. You also do not have to break laws to be declared "undesired", and sent back home or whatever applies.

In general, German laws make more sense then American i would say. No "whirlwinds are not allowed to pass", and no "Attention: hot coffee may be hot" Smile

But there are so many different things you have to take into account, especially when different countries AND the web are involved, its nearly impossible to say what exactly will happen. We would need someone who's job it is to tell people exactly that, and even he couldn't be sure.

As i doubt anybody of you WANTS to find loopholes or deliberately breaks the law, i doubt anybody will get i trouble. But we where talking about the "if".

So yeah, take it easy, and don't do anything stupid.

@Prophet: If you would, for example, scam people the big way, or do anything other really bad, you would either face judgement from your own law, as its forbidden there too, or they would fine you/sent you to prison where you live to avoid extradition, or they would sent you to Germany, so that you could face your judgment there.

Same with nearly every country, for major felony online, usually, but still.

You are not safe to break other countries laws just because you are not there.

Oh, and while i do not know your police, i would say its generally the other way round.
_________________
Member of the House Aurion in the house Ashera
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Assisi
Councillor of the House


Joined: 25 Jan 2007
Posts: 314
Location: Bucuresti , Romania

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aurion wrote:
In general, German laws make more sense then American i would say. No "whirlwinds are not allowed to pass", and no "Attention: hot coffee may be hot" Smile


Laughing Laughing Laughing

I don't know if americans were the first who made stupid indications like that ( and I don't want to start a subject about this ) but sadly this kind of warnings are now in Europe also.
Last week I did a "training" where they told me that if I fall on a wet floor I might get hurt . Really ??? And many , many other stupidities .
_________________
Councilor of the House Assisi in the house Nemesis
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gozer
Commander


Joined: 25 Oct 2007
Posts: 16

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assisi wrote:
Aurion wrote:
In general, German laws make more sense then American i would say. No "whirlwinds are not allowed to pass", and no "Attention: hot coffee may be hot" Smile


Laughing Laughing Laughing

I don't know if americans were the first who made stupid indications like that ( and I don't want to start a subject about this ) but sadly this kind of warnings are now in Europe also.
Last week I did a "training" where they told me that if I fall on a wet floor I might get hurt . Really ??? And many , many other stupidities .


Has anyone seen the movie "Idiocracy"?
_________________
Commander Gozer in the house Gozerian
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Assisi
Councillor of the House


Joined: 25 Jan 2007
Posts: 314
Location: Bucuresti , Romania

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 14:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Croaker wrote:

Has anyone seen the movie "Idiocracy"?


I've seen it.
To bad that the film was a comedy and not a serious one because the ideea is very up-to-date.
_________________
Councilor of the House Assisi in the house Nemesis
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kosmor Forum Index -> Feedback / suggestions for improvement All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group