Kosmor Forum Index
 Search Imprint      SearchSearch     Log inLog in 
 Search Legal      MemberlistMemberlist     ProfileProfile   

War diaries
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tremor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:20    Post subject: War diaries Reply with quote

Lord Tremor had thought his career was going well. He had approached a number of neutral planets and made them the standard offer: Swear fealty and get Interstellar Cable TV. They had all accepted gratefully.

He had received a diplomat from a powerful house called the Ori. Their dental plan was simply fabulous and Lord Tremor gratefully signed all the documents put before him.

Ori was involved in a war, a retaliation for an injustice done to them earlier. Lord Tremor thought that while war was dangerous, it was also full of opportunities.

Life was good.

Then one day, he got a message from an even more powerful house, the Order of Templar. It would seem powerful houses makes powerful enemies. The Order had a different story to tell, one where Ori were the aggressor and they had to be stopped.

Lord Tremor spent some time pondering this dilemma in his favourite thinking spot, in front of a really big mirror. He smiled, showing off the beautiful new teeth his Ori allies had given him.

The choice was obvious: The Ori was right, the Order was wrong. He politely sent the Orders diplomat home in a beautiful new tar-and-feather coating.

One day, as Lord Tremor was sleeping in the Lords chair of the main control room of his war planet, he was awoken by a nervous technician. She just pointed at the main tactical tank filling the centre of the room. A very bright red light was blinking at the edge of it. VERY bright.

"Report!" Lord Tremor thundered, always a good order when you didn't know what was going on.

"This war planet just appeared, Sir, identifying itself as belonging to Nikoy of the Order. It is ... armed, Sir." The technician pressed a few buttons and a swarm of ship icons appeared above the enemy war planet. A big swarm. Of big icons.

At the centre of the map, his own war planet was only carrying a single big ship and a small group of smaller ones. It looked pitiful in comparison.

"Star map" Lord Tremor ordered, and leaned closer to the tank as it was populated with the closest stars and their distances. He began to plan.

A few days later, Lord Tremor was still in his chair, his eyes red from lack of sleep. The situation was approaching a point were he would have to gamble. If Nikoy out-guessed him, they would fight, and that fight could only end in a loss.

He made a hard decision: "Send the Orions away to Nibalar. If they catch us, we lose anyway. No point in making the carnage any bigger than it has to be."

The next morning lord Tremor was awoken by his second-in-command. The old man was clearly disturbed. "Nikoy stopped chasing us, Sir. They have started going for our planets instead. They ... they started with Nibalar. All the Orions were destroyed."

The Lords anger was frightful to behold. "They will pay for this! THEY WILL PAY FOR THIS!!"
Tremor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 13:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Tremor woke up well rested after a good nights sleep.

It took a few moments before he realized how wrong that was.

As he strode into the control room, his voice was at its normal deafening volume:

"Why wasn't I awoken! I asked for four hours sleep. NO MORE! There is a war going on!"

But then he saw it. The map tank, that had been filled with the angry red glow of enemy ship icons, was empty. His own remaining ships hung in blessed loneliness at the centre.

His Second-in-command, sir Percy, appeared at his elbow. "Yes sir, as you can see Nikoy has left us. They jumped out just before we were going to wake you. The war is over. I decided to let you sleep, sir." He looked a bit nervous at his presumption.

Lord Tremor shook his head. "The war is not over. This battle is over, but the war is not." His sighed. "Still, things will be slower now, and I could certainly use the sleep. Thank you." The next few seconds were a bit noisy as everybody started breathing again.

A sickly grin spread over Lord Tremors face. "I guess Nikoy were just playing with us while waiting for their jump drives to recharge. We weren't important enough to bother with after that."

Lord Tremor sat down in his Chair and leaned back. "Lets get back to where we were before Nikoy interrupted so rudely, shall we?"

"Actually, sir, there is another matter," sir Percy suggested, "We had more important matters before us at the time, but now things have changed." He smiled sweetly. "Lord Tikonda has announced their retirement, and you know what that means"

"Ooo! Undefended planets! I mean, it is our solemn duty to make sure that his subjects stays part of the galactic civilization. It is a sad and hard duty, but it has to be done."

"Quite, sir!" said sir Percy with a grin matching his lords.
Tremor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Tremor was sitting by the map tank, plotting the Tikonda re-civilization campaign and humming happily when the alarm went off. Again, the tank started glowing angrily red. Again, there was a big swarm of big ship icons.

"NO!" the lord bellowed, "It is too early! They can't have recharged and jumped back already!"

The technician pointed to a readout: "Giner", it said.

"A different one? Am I a relay baton?"

Still, two different house leaders had taken time out of their busy schedules to attend to him. It was an honour of a sort, even if entirely unwelcome.
Ayur

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 05:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Pirates' leader, leftover, had noticed that two of the best armed hostile war planets seemed to hunt the unlikely smaller war planet of Tremor. It seemed unfair to him. It was not the fact that two huge enemies were intercepting one small friend, no, it was something else that bothered him: the Pirates' war planet was trying to get some attention for weeks now and he, leftover, had been given a promise by Giner which he finally did not keep.

"Fortunate Tremor, he earns the action, we remain undisturbed.", leftover spoke to himself.
"We need to get into it deeper, if we want to earn credits and glory in battle!"

"Order to all ships: prepare for soon hyper space jump! We'll dive in!"

But still the best coordinates had to be calculated...
Assisi
Councillor of the House

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 05:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

" Hmmm ... that's what the most of the restless young guys don't get. They are rushing so hard to end their travel so soon. So imature.
Should we end this now ???
No, no, no ... let them fret a bit. This way ...maybe ...they will learn something. Though I doubt it.
But they are part of the spining wheel. They are somehow essential.

And please ... when the time will come ... be easy and quick on them. They simply don't get it "
Ayur

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 05:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

After some research, leftover found out that Assisi was a semi-professional class-b subordinate of Nikoy who had never performed anything glorious, not even destroyed many ships or conquered many planets.

leftover was asking himself, who was the one to learn something. Thankfully, the Pirates' experience pool was hidden to their enemy. Nobody could imagine, nobody knew the truth. That was a nice feeling which made the old Pirate smile...
Assisi
Councillor of the House

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 05:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

"They talk about glory ???
But what do they know about The Order ... nothing ... maybe that's why they will never evolve.

Maybe I will make some "glory" after this ... ripping them off.
My name will be greater then ...
Imature kids ...

I bet that they don't really understand that fact about the top of the aisberg. "

Last edited by Assisi on Sun Dec 20, 2009 08:12; edited 1 time in total
Ayur

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 05:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come and get me, Assisi...

Oh, i forgot, you're going nowhere without permission of your keeper.
Like a freak on a leash. Sad, really sad. I almost feel sorry for you.

Your talk bores me, just take some action! You remind me of Giner, who keeps promising and then doesn't do anything.

Next case...
Assisi
Councillor of the House

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 06:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

"This kid obtained what he wanted. Even if he will regret it. Let's finish our main objective though ... leave the small tasks later.

I can't believe I spoke that much with little guys.
I must rest a bit or I will begin to lose it.

Now ... it's time for the guns to speak.

Comunications channels closed."
Giner

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear the "pirate" leftover,

I apologize for not wasting precious time on you, giving you attention is what you crave, you will get it soon enough, as said before, I don't need to dirty my hands, I know of your actions before you entered this galaxy, do not think you are anonymous, your power isn't almighty.

Giner
Knight of the Order of Templar
michimike

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 18:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't get it, haha, you all don't get it. I'm the greatest imperator in this galaxy, the one and only, haha, Templar is the best, I'm not just the gofer, also I do nothing than texting with no content and no reference to others, I'm a no-content-texting-machine, haha, and you all are stupid! You'll never get it. I'm the truth and you don't understand it, 'cause you don't understand me. Hahahaha. You really don't get it. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA...

michimike closed his ears:
"What was that? Sounds like a really strange error in our translation robot. Send him to the repair station."

"No, michimike, that's no error. That's a summary of the last radio messages, we caught. It's from an sender, called Assisi. Allegedly from the Order of Templar, our enemies. Never heared of him."

"Assisi? Wasn't he this announcer of the Templars? Or maybe I'm wrong, can't remember. Hmm, maybe just on of those drones to interfere and desturb our signals. Put this signal on the ignore-line."

"As you wish."
Assisi
Councillor of the House

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 01:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michi , michi,
I said that I like you when you’re angry ? Even better … you are even more funny when you’re unsure, angry and want to look confident. And for that … you use some trivial techniques that every low creature can use.
Your humour is very basic but ... every drop of humour is good in this period.

I must admit that I though these techniques to be lower than you. But there are only lower then your status … status that will change soon to it's real condition.

Too bad michi... You could have gained some sympathy … that you will need at the end.
Also you made me lost a bet. Shadow is indeed playing much better his cards. He’s no suicidal.
Darius

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 15:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

We must offer our respect to our powerful foe, there is no right and wrong in this universe, only perspective. It is with that in mind therefore that I shall remain dignified in my responses to our enemies Michimike and Shadow, however, our pirate pond life friends here are a very different matter.

Regarding 'leftover', of whom I do not recognise as a state and therefore shall not enter into communication with; it must be rather frustrating to occupy such a small and lowly position in the universe, so frustrating in fact that the only way this entity can make himself feel better is to allude to a prestige and power that exists only on a communication channel, certainly not on the battlefield. With this in mind, I would ask that this 'entity's' commanders order the disrespect dealt to Assisi and Giner illustrated here to stop! This lowly 'entity' does not deserve to lick the spaceboots of these two great councilors of Templar.
Ayur

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 16:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Giner,

please tell me what you think to know about me on a private channel.
I kindly request to share your information and if it is right, i will not refuse to acknowledge!
Tremor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 16:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Tremor was sipping his breakfast and reading his newspaper. His staff thought him odd for printing out the news like this, but he liked the feel of paper and his word was law, after all.

"Hmm... another house removes Templar from their name. Interesting. Well, I guess the Templars days are over."

He sipped some more breakfast. "Ahhh... On the other hand Ori isn't looking too good either these days. I suppose I should choose something more fitting the Austrian Alliance."

After a bit of thought, he scribbled something on the corner of the newspaper and handed it to a servant.

"New house name. Make it so." The servant rushed out and made it so.

Lord Tremor leaned back and thought some more. "I suppose I should rename the ship classes as well. Ach, that can wait for some other day."

He emptied the bottle. Breakfast was tasting really good that day.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kosmor Forum Index -> Kosmor RPG All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: