Kosmor Forum Index
 Search Imprint      SearchSearch     Log inLog in 
 Search Legal      MemberlistMemberlist     ProfileProfile   

Facebook

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aurion
Member of the House

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 20:36    Post subject: Facebook Reply with quote

It looks like Facebook is that addictive, that people who use it are not capable of posting more then a few sentences elsewhere, without the use of excessive force.

Not even when it's on their own website/the website of their game.

I know of several games that basically stopped doing regular updates on their website/forum since they started using Facebook.

I find this lack of faith disturbing.

All news should be first be posted on the website/in the forum. I understand the use of twitter for status updates during downtimes etc, which do not contain enough information to warrant a real post (and even that is arguable), but the last "real" update on the status of development of Kosmor 2 is from May, 5th, and it basically contained only a link to facebook, where it got posted 9 hours earlier, and which got 2 additonal updates since.

I play Kosmor, not Facebook. I understand that developers want to spread the news as far as they can, and that people do not necessarily want to check the page/news forum each and every day, when they can have it on facebook, where they are anyways, but, as i said, i play Kosmor, not facebook, and not doing news posts on the own website is not "as far as you can".

I don't mind wether it's posted on Facebook first and then here, or the other way round (even if i would say that would be the only way to go, facebook is just an extra, a bonus, which wasn't even around when Kosmor was developed, and some of us started playing.

But when half a day passes before news travel from an external site to the official forum, and then the post only consists of a link, or if there is not update at all, even when the menu is shown for a first time, and a complete screen, so everybody can imagine how it will look on his own screen, and you even post a short story..

I can even understand doing beta contest on facebook, but not even posting news here anymore is lost on me.

And, to get back to my beginning sentence, Kosmor isn't the only place it happens. I alone know of at least 3, if i'm strict probably even more.

I do not use Facebook. I do not need it, i do not want it. It's insecure, both in terms of privacy and security, it does not offer me anything i want (except news on my favority games...). I do not even know that much people that use Facebook. To all of them i can talk to elsewhere, wether it's mail, instant messenger, voip or even meet in real life.

I admit, i can read news without account, but only because it's public, and because privacy is unheard of in online networks. But i can not comment, which is especially bad if you want feedback, and i do have to check an external site - which i couldn't care less about - to get news about the game i'm playing right now.

It's not about Facebook per se, it's about similar "services", too.

tl, dr: It's plain stupid not to post news here.
Assisi
Councillor of the House

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 00:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aurion is 100% corect !!!
I didn't even knew that are more news about K2 because I also don't use facebook and I am sure that I will not use it just for K2 news.
Maelstroem
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 05:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there,

i agree, that important information should be primarily in the game forum. The k2 pictures and stories on facebook are available even for non-facebook members (just click on the photos section on the bottom left) and it is just a bit easier for me to upload pictures there. But you are right. The kosmor background story (german) is also available in the german rpg forum section, if someone wants to translate it, iŽd be happy. But, facebook is good for reconnecting to old players and people who have quit the game, but are interested in the k2 development.

Bye,
Maelstroem
Aurion
Member of the House

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 09:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maelstroem wrote:
Hi there,

But, facebook is good for reconnecting to old players and people who have quit the game, but are interested in the k2 development.

Bye,
Maelstroem

As i said, i have nothing against you using Facebook, if it brings more players, even better. But first you should care about the ones still playing, and not about the possible chance of getting additonal.

If it's that difficult to do an equivalent post here, then do a short post with a link to the Facebook post, like on May, 5th. Thats the very least you can do.

*edit*

I sent you an email about the translation
Darkflame

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 19:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps you should appoint a new General Manager mael? Someone who can promote the news on this game, while you promote it on Facebook. I understand that you're very busy, and probably don't have enough time to do both, so it would be good to take a volunteer to do it for you.

I have a facebook, and I play Kosmor, and I would gladly post things for you, if you need someone. While facebook is great, I would have to agree with Aurion in the fact that not every member of Kosmor uses facebook.
Maelstroem
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkflame, thanks for your offer... I will follow Aurion's idea and at least link to new facebook content here in the forum, as soon as I put it up (usually screenshots, perhaps an interface video tour at a later point). If there is some text, maybe someone is willing to translate it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kosmor Forum Index -> Kosmor Talk All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: