Kosmor Forum Index
 Search Imprint      SearchSearch     Log inLog in 
 Search Legal      MemberlistMemberlist     ProfileProfile   

Finally peace
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BLACK_BEARD

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 17:24    Post subject: snickerings......... Reply with quote

BOOGGER snickers... Mad Cow... spungee brain... BOOGGER snickers....
Nikoy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 08:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul_Atreides wrote:
For any non-native English speakers, storm just said that Leper has Mad Cow disease. The one caused by prions. It was funny.

Storm is also non-native English speaker, but I admit - one can't notice it! At least I can't. Wink
"bovine spongiform encephalopathy" sounds very medical indeed, right storm? I hope you did not enroll in the Med. Fac. in Fra. Uni., did you? Wink If you did will be very difficult to understand you from now on, hehe... Very Happy

@LeperKing - hey, bring your friends LEPER, you certainly need reinforcements of your gang, I am sure! Smile

I hope more new people will join when K2 comes, we keep losing players, even some very keen on this game players are inactive since months, this becomes dangerous!!!
Maelstroem
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nikoy wrote:

I hope more new people will join when K2 comes, we keep losing players, even some very keen on this game players are inactive since months, this becomes dangerous!!!

my words... i quit all my job contracts as a tech freelancer (previously 3-4 days/week) and concentrate only on k2 until itīs ready or i have no money for food left Smile
Aurion
Member of the House

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who needs food when he can have K2?
BLACK_BEARD

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 21:57    Post subject: Arrr.... Reply with quote

Kiddles for two? (K2!) or them there tasty Tremor knuckles!! Mmmm... knuckles.... Arrr.....
Thaumaturg
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 16:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maelstroem wrote:
Nikoy wrote:

my words... i quit all my job contracts as a tech freelancer (previously 3-4 days/week) and concentrate only on k2 until itīs ready or i have no money for food left Smile

This quotation has almost 2 years.
Until now things went fine, there was still action (plenty if you were in house Nemesis).
But now things can become ugly or even critical. Maelstroem please hurry with K2.
Maelstroem
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 03:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaumaturg, I know your concerns, and while I love the looks of K2 on my dev machine, it is still not yet ready, especially the combat system, which will be the major "selling point" of K2 - it needs not be only good, it needs to be great, and that takes time.
Unfortunately, in the meantime I had to take some other development jobs, to pay for food and rent, so that I can continue coding on K2 Smile.
K2 will offer additional newly started games, so that even if thinks look bleak in K1, you can start new (same chances for everyone).

Many greets,
Maelstroem
Aurion
Member of the House

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem is, if everyone leaves before K2 is ready, i'm not sure how many will come back, assuming they even know it's ready.

Also, seeing the problems with the K1 combat system, it might be better if you let some people look at it while you can still actually change things, and not only add some make-up.
Assisi
Councillor of the House

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's why I try my best to stay in the game. I am almost sure that if I leave ... I will not come back. And that's not because Kosmor is not such a nice game ... but the time that I spend in it in some moments ... simply I don't have it anymore.
I had a delicate moment at the end of the past year when I realized that either I will try to do something against the pirates (that will cost me lot of time) or I should quit the game.
I choosed to stay and I am happy about the decision Twisted Evil
Don't know for sure what will be half year from now Confused

Regarding the combat system ... yes, it must be great.
Geier

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whats about a beta without combats?

in geman kosmor it seems to be a "final situation", too.

it would be nice to publish this trialversion on special websites. Maybe "old" gamers will return
Rolling Eyes
Maelstroem
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I understand your desire for a quick solution - but it is not wise to rush things like big software companies on deadlines delivering software with a lot of bugs, because if I do that, the people who were waiting for K2 for so long will be finally disappointed and not return.

Iīd recommend that everyone with an interest in K2 and who is leaving the game for whatever reason signs up at the Facebook page, so you can (if you have the time) rejoin and look how it feels.

There will be no quick conversion of K1 to K2, as we will first launch beta scenarios to finally balance the game, and even a few things are missing, that will need to be finished before K1 can be converted, so I would not recommend to count hours Smile.

Also, a big effort went into the development of those shorter running games, with new galaxies and the same chances for everyone. Also, these games are probably not as time-consuming as K1 can be now. If you are into that, please wait for a bit longer, something is about to happen.

Many greets,
Maelstroem
Assisi
Councillor of the House

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe the "conversion of K1 to K2" should be made also considering that the new guys should have similar chances...
If you keep too much of the actual structure of K1 ... maybe will be boring as it will be dificult for newcomers.

I guess I would like to start new ... maybe only with few small advantages at the beginning Razz
Aurion
Member of the House

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 15:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a difference between rushing something, not fixing bugs etc, and allow people to test it to discover bugs and problems you didn't notice.

There is also quite a difference between charging €60 up front for a game that never saw an honest beta test, and allowing fans play it earlier in exchange for reporting bugs.

Take a look at Minecraft. That was beta quite some time, nobody complained. Because it was not marketed as finished product.

Also, lots of people have an aversion against Facebook. In my opinion, Facebook can be an additional channel, but not THE channel. But i think i mentioned that before..
Gozer
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assisi wrote:
Maybe the "conversion of K1 to K2" should be made also considering that the new guys should have similar chances...
If you keep too much of the actual structure of K1 ... maybe will be boring as it will be dificult for newcomers.

I guess I would like to start new ... maybe only with few small advantages at the beginning Razz

Maybe we all start with a WP & HP, plus a capped, declining percentage of current House Members and resources?
Assisi
Councillor of the House

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 01:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a bad idea ... actually is pretty good.

But ... if we would know what Meali has in mind and what other possibilities are ... we can start a poll and see what the rest of us (active ones) want.

So ... now it's your move Maeli ...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kosmor Forum Index -> Kosmor Talk All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: