Kosmor Forum Index
 Search Imprint      SearchSearch     Log inLog in 
 Search Legal      MemberlistMemberlist     ProfileProfile   

Honour.....
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ayatollah

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 03:24    Post subject: Honour..... Reply with quote

...seems to be extinct in this world.
Today the second of my subordinates deleted his account one day after he created it - and im sure he creates a new one today....

Sorry, but such things really suck. People who are now trying to get to their favourite house with mass creation of accounts should be punished....
Hey, why did Mealstroem write this "random placing routine" if people choose their favourite house by creating and deleting accounts until they are in their favourite houses.....

Maybe the game rules dont forbit it, but i think that it's highly dishonourable (i would even call it exploiting because a game rule (random placing) gets bend)

I hope the people who done that will read this and think about it.
Walker

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 03:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would suggest we keep a list of those names and will hunt them down one day Wink
Merthos

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 03:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just as expected.

If they even can't ignore their old friedships for at least one day in the tournament, they won't do it here. Not everybody understands that this is only a game. (And it must be very boring to play every game with the same neighbors.)
thorry

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 03:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

unbelievable!! Shocked ; is it possible, that someone is not in his favourite house, who's in Hiltia with you as Emperor Wink
sorry, I know, it's a real problem, but could not resist Embarassed
so long bow
thorry
Maelstroem
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 03:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thorry is right, Ayatollah.
Lots of people will delete their accounts and lots of hierarchies will break. That is quite normal.

Bye,
Maelstroem
Ayatollah

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 05:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem is that it is not newbies who create and delete their accounts - its experianced players from kosmor.de who try to get into their favourite houses by creating and deleting new accounts until they are in their favourite house - and this is a real balancing-problem.

If this continuous we will have the same people in the same houses again - just a little smaller.....

One good thing i hoped for kosmor.com was that it will "soften" the friendships from kosmor.de because people see that their enemies from kosmor.de can be their friends in kosmor.com

And yes, walker, if i happen to see this players later in game i will hunt them down for high treason Wink Treason is always a good excuse for a war Wink

@thorry:
It's not about my house, its a serious problem the entire game can suffer from. Old friendships can easily ruin a new game.
Where's the chance for the small people from kosmor.de who hoped to face a better situation in kosmor.com if they are confronted with a house consisting of 50 people from arabia / roxaridian ?
They have no chance! They will get slaughterd like they get in kosmor.de if they want to make their own thing.
Claudio

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 06:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

I trhink, Ayatollah is right. We should handle that careful.

But, there is no intense thinkig, the same houses as in the German Kosmor will grow, because from the two big houses (RoX and Arabia) there are a few imperators here, so the houses are splitted up indeed.

I also lost this round a subordinated...
Celdor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 08:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

one of the principal reasons for kosmor.com is that i play here together with poeple who maybe are in kosmor.de on the other side of the galaxie...

Celdor
Liam

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 08:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I think you're right, but I think that not everyone understand this.
Kosmor.com is a new Game, with new members, new enemies and new friends. I think it's really important to act so.
Cassiopeia

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 03:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree you.
Above all one should not try to continue the battles form German Kosmor in the internat. Kosmor!!

New play, new luck

See us Rose
thorry

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 04:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my opinion some of the best facts that made me play kosmor.com are

- we all ar starting from the same level -> I'm not a late Newbie with no Chance
- esp. for the smaller members of the big/monstrous houses in kosmor.de: we have the chance to start anew, not sitting in the midst of nowhere with no border near our small empire - here their is nothing than borders Smile
- relations between players in kosmor.de will become more transparent and honest here due to the fact that there's no mighty player here in the beginning
- who knows, if abdul or aya will ever see the top of the ranking again? It's exciting Razz

someone who wants to transfer his old playing-sit in this new game will miss a lot of the good things we can enjoy here; instead of watching a brand new film, he prefers watching repetition - poor guy Yes!

so long bow
thorry
schaeftlarn

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 23:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

People desparately trying to create accounts close to their RL or gaming friends are not exactly a new thing- maybe for Kosmor.

IMO Maelstroem should really pay a lot of attention to the accounts issue right now because we can't exclude that some people are even scripting accounts in order to achieve their rather unsexy goal.

We might well also see a lot of multi-accounts, because I doubt that people who don't like their account are waiting for three days to create a new one; I guess there are many guys out having more than one account right now, and if you don't punish such cases severely, then you will only see this happening more and more often.

Maybe it should be possible to delete your account if you don't like it and create your next one after 24 hours?

And how about increasing the risk for people breaking account rules by extending the punishment to kosmor.de? If someone should have multiple accounts here, why shouldn't he behave the same way on kosmor.de?

*edited for bad spelling*
Dshihad

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 03:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

schaeftlarn wrote:
Maybe it should be possible to delete your account if you don't like it and create your next one after 24 hours?

You can't controll that - not over IP-logging or email-adresses...

in the one way, if someone will create 2 accounts he will, on the other side you could have sisters, partners os so with the same data... ?
Maelstroem
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 07:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

schaeftlarn wrote:

It is already possible to delete your account instantly using the service page.

Lots of hierarchies still have to break and will break, as more players will drop out of the game. This is our intention! We need more independent houses...

(Have a look at Kramnik's status. He was Top-1 Imperator yesterday, today he is a mere Commander).

Bye,
Maelstroem
Aurion
Member of the House

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 08:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maelstroem, more houses are good, but as i said in another thread ( i think i said it) later in the game the new house will conquer Kramnik if he doesn't get enough, new subordinates. And then? Then there is again only one house, only with another name and another leader. And this isn't useful.

So i think it would be better if all players get more direct subordinates, so that if someone gets independent the new houses are equal
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kosmor Forum Index -> Kosmor Talk All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: